This board is becoming inoperable

Adblock and noscript are your friends, people.

Do realize I just painted a target on my back, but I don't care.

I do have CCleaner, and Lookout on my phone. Oh and Malwarebytes. Can't even remember what else, but they help protect me. Having said that, I despise using my phone for Internet.
Malwarebytes may help with the junk you're getting.

I was having trouble last week with a particular pop up add, but it's gone now.
I was having trouble with a website that kept popping up that kept trying to tell me that I won a $1000 gift card. It would pop up each time I tried to log in to USMB.

A problem occurred with this webpage so it had to be reloaded
When it reloads it reboots and I have to sign in again
Happened while typing this statement

Why would anyone surf to this site from their phone?
I had the same thought....The only time I use the web browser on my phone is to look up something -- most typically an address or phone number. Reading anything other than text messages and the sender name and subject lines of emails is about all the "web browsing" I can bear to do on a phone. Even if I could bear to make greater use of my phone's web browsing abilities, using it to read the stuff here would not be among the uses. Not saying others shouldn't, only that I will not.
My thinking is that if I am on a phone, that means I am out and about doing other things. The last thing I would want to do is surf a political board while I'm out and about. That just seems to be the epitome of addiction. I barely use My phone for phone calls and the only person I even text with is the wife. Basically, My phone is for emergency issues when I'm traveling or out and about.
This reply is admittedly off topic, but I detest the effect cell phones are having on people. Besides how addictive they are, people are so RUDE. Ignoring flesh and blood human beings, and having loud public inane one way conversations or playing music, I want to go back in time to when there weren't cell phones. Cell phones should just be for used emergencies.

that's the only reason I have one.

That, and maintaining my grocery list.

Why would anyone surf to this site from their phone?
I had the same thought....The only time I use the web browser on my phone is to look up something -- most typically an address or phone number. Reading anything other than text messages and the sender name and subject lines of emails is about all the "web browsing" I can bear to do on a phone. Even if I could bear to make greater use of my phone's web browsing abilities, using it to read the stuff here would not be among the uses. Not saying others shouldn't, only that I will not.
My thinking is that if I am on a phone, that means I am out and about doing other things. The last thing I would want to do is surf a political board while I'm out and about. That just seems to be the epitome of addiction. I barely use My phone for phone calls and the only person I even text with is the wife. Basically, My phone is for emergency issues when I'm traveling or out and about.
This reply is admittedly off topic, but I detest the effect cell phones are having on people. Besides how addictive they are, people are so RUDE. Ignoring flesh and blood human beings, and having loud public inane one way conversations or playing music, I want to go back in time to when there weren't cell phones. Cell phones should just be for used emergencies.

that's the only reason I have one.

I too use my smartphone for keeping lists of things, not groceries, but my list of books and papers to read, companies/industries in which I will ask my financial advisor to find good investments, and other things I need to remind myself of are kept on my phone. I also rely quite heavily on the calendar and appointment feature in my phone.

So, yes, I do use my phone for more than just talking on the phone. A more accurate representation, then, of my cell phone use is that I very rarely use it to access, "surf" and read Internet content.

Constant reloading, rebooting and freezing has resumed
Instead of shifting Trump positive threads to the hinterlands how about some focus on operational efficiency????

Constant reloading, rebooting and freezing has resumed
Instead of shifting Trump positive threads to the hinterlands how about some focus on operational efficiency????

Man the lifeboats, the board is unnaviginoperababubble :blowup:

1200px-Titanic_lifeboat.jpg

I was having trouble with a website that kept popping up that kept trying to tell me that I won a $1000 gift card. It would pop up each time I tried to log in to USMB.
I get that same pop up. Annoying as hell. Today was one threatening to erase my phone and lock it, even had a timer on it. Ignored it and nothing happened.

I get that same pop up. Annoying as hell. Today was one threatening to erase my phone and lock it, even had a timer on it. Ignored it and nothing happened.
I have won many thousands of dollars in gift cards..........I wish!

The majority of the error message and complete reboot including having to sign in again and everything freezing up occurs when you press the numbers to go to another page
Please fix that

WebKit encountered an internal error
Whole site reboots

Page did not load properly
Whole phone can lock up

This happens No Where else

Fix your site for Gods sake

Forum List

Back