This ACLU Lawsuit, I Can Get Behind

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
ACLU Sues DHS Over Unlawful TSA Searches and Detention | National Policy Institute

On March 29, 2009, Steven Bierfeldt was detained in a small room at Lambert-St. Louis International Airport and interrogated by TSA officials for nearly half an hour after he passed a metal box containing cash through a security checkpoint X-ray machine. Bierfeldt was carrying the cash in connection with his duties as the Director of Development for the Campaign for Liberty, a political organization that grew out of Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential campaign.

Bierfeldt was detained and questioned as he returned home from a Campaign for Liberty event transporting proceeds from the sale of tickets, t-shirts, stickers and campaign material. Bierfeldt repeatedly asked the agents to explain the scope of their authority to detain and interrogate him and received no explanation. Instead, the agents escalated the threatening tone of their questions and ultimately told Bierfeldt that he was being placed under arrest. Bierfeldt recorded the audio of the entire incident with his iPhone.

I heard these recordings. The agents sound like the dumb assholes you knew in high school who'd want to beat up anyone who read books. Where'd they end up? Working for TSA.

Last edited:
At least he had a way to record it. Many times in situations like this people only have their word on such abuses. I still don't care for the ACLU though.

If there's any people in America who should be supportive of the ACLU, it's those of us whose political views are completely out of step with the mainstream.

I personally cannot understand why anyone thinks the ACLU is a liberal organziation.

There's nothing more conservative an American can do than defending the bill of rights.

Forum List

Back