Thinking Ahead.....tuition Free Higher Education

Do plumbers in Germany go to university?

Think.

No, Germany has a problem with unemployed perpetual students, just like the rest of Europe.

They are doing it as a labor sink, nothing more, and people like you want us to jump into the same bandwagon.

Germany has returned to a policy of tuition free universities.

Germany Free college education for everyone Tuition unjust -- Society s Child -- Sott.net

Smart. This is an investment with great returns for the citizenry.

We ought to be doing the same thing.

Because more people with degrees that don't get them well paying jobs is a good idea????

More people with education is always a good idea. Well paying jobs isnt their fault now is it...Sounds like an argument to raise wages oooorrrrrr complain about low wages and be PRO keeping those wages low

Why do we need plumbers and IT guys with degrees in basketweaving?

Nice fucking strawman there.

There is literally no down side to a more educated public.

Germany has returned to a policy of tuition free universities.

Germany Free college education for everyone Tuition unjust -- Society s Child -- Sott.net

Smart. This is an investment with great returns for the citizenry.

We ought to be doing the same thing.

I'm not sure we're not doing the same thing:

The alternative, American model has had some success in various stages, but now, the results seem catastrophic - the US has over $1 trillion in student debt, and the number keeps growing, something which accentuates the country's economic crisis.
"Tuition Free" does not mean that there's no costs. The Nation pays these costs. In the USA, students can receive government low interest loans. In Europe, the government pays the Universities. Either way Government pays, and any resulting debt, "accentuates the country's economic crisis." State university systems, while not free, are subsidized, so again there is debt.

Yes

Let's teach our children that nothing is really worth working for.

You dont have to work in college?
Yes, jobs in college are useful when we're paying our tuition, or supplementing the assistance we get from loans, parents, etc.

Were you attempting to answer me or nah?
Yes. See, that's how it works. Your post was the one that I clicked on when I answered.

You didn't work your way through college, did you?

Every dollar spent on higher eduction returns at least 2 dollars in tax revenue. Often more. It is an investment.

The GI bill is proof that the idea works.

The GI Bill is proof that, in exchange for Military Service, people value Education.

It is not proof that people would value education more if they did not pay for it through Military service.

Every dollar spent on higher eduction returns at least 2 dollars in tax revenue. Often more. It is an investment.

The GI Bill is proof that, in exchange for Military Service, people value Education.

It is not proof that people would value education more if they did not pay for it through Military service.

Only a weird person thinks that people who currently go deep into debt for an education don't value it. These same people would value it if tuition were free.

Silly nutter.

Only a weird person thinks that people who currently go deep into debt for an education don't value it. These same people would value it if tuition were free.

Silly nutter.

Your definition of valuing something is going "deeply into debt for" it.

Bankruptcy must represent some ultimate achievement for you.

Yes

Let's teach our children that nothing is really worth working for.

You dont have to work in college?
Yes, jobs in college are useful when we're paying our tuition, or supplementing the assistance we get from loans, parents, etc.

Were you attempting to answer me or nah?
Yes. See, that's how it works. Your post was the one that I clicked on when I answered.

You didn't work your way through college, did you?

So I asked if you didnt have to work while in college and your response is yes jobs in college are useful.

Do you see where I asked if jobs were useful? No...Ok then

Silly nutter.

Your definition of valuing something is going "deeply into debt for" it.

Bankruptcy must represent some ultimate achievement for you.

You keep trying and failing.

Forum List

Back