THink Solyndra is bad...there is worse.

Why are the feds in the lending business anyway? Don't we have banks for that? Or do the banks have different lending standards? Like you can't make a product for six bucks and sell it for three? When I read about Solyndra all I could think of was "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" Obviously these people are not.

This disgusts me and it should be front page news on every outlet.

Apparently Obama thinks doing the same thing over and over again is not a sign of insanity as long as one doubles down on it.

One of the newly approved loans, 737 mil, went to firms controlled by individuals closely connected to a California Democratic legislator satirized in a recent Archie cartoon. "My hair was dry ten minutes ago. I'm curing the bondo on my face"

Apparently Obama thinks doing the same thing over and over again is not a sign of insanity as long as one doubles down on it.

:rofl:

Yeah...he just had to get that money spent by September 30, or for "gosh darn sakes".....look for another way that didn't involve risky spending of taxpayers dollars and early campaigning ambitions...Workin` da base, yall!

Why are the feds in the lending business anyway? Don't we have banks for that? Or do the banks have different lending standards? Like you can't make a product for six bucks and sell it for three? When I read about Solyndra all I could think of was "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?" Obviously these people are not.

This disgusts me and it should be front page news on every outlet.

They don't have to smarter than anyone. They just need to get elected and they're free to do damn near anything.

Breaking news for Pub dupes- Green industrialists are Democrat, and Dems are for green industry. If you're looking for huge corruption, subsidies, and lobbying- look at the usual suspects: Pubs, big oil, pharma, and health. DUH.

Last edited:
Yes, that public financing. All candidates should have to take it. No person, no company, no PAC should be able to donate directly to any candidate.

Change the rules, but don't blame someone for playing by them.

Our Constitutional Amendment: Get Money Out of Politics | Dylan Ratigan

Bullshit. Obama was suppose to be different.

Oh and taking Donations is one thing, that is playing the Game. Pushing questionable .5 Billion dollar loans through to reward the People who donated to you. That's not playing the game, and we do not have to accept it, that's Criminal.

I mean were not even talking about giving some company a tax break as a reward, which is bad, but at least you are just letting them keep more of the Money they make. No that's not good enough for King Obama. He Actually gives them .5 Billion dollars knowing full well the Company is going to fail, and the Tax Payers will get fucked in Bankruptcy Court.

Criminal I tell you. From the Hope and change President.

Yep, right out in the open, right in front of your face, smiling the whole time, because Obama, Pelosi, Reed et al know there's not a damn thing you can do about it. Don't hold your breath waiting for an investigation and arrest, because the guys with guns and badges are on the payroll.

It's Obama's revenge on behalf of the third world, turning the tables on the great white satan by transforming it into a banana republic.

The White House has reportedly shoved $1,000,000,000 of your money into yet another risky green venture.

$737 Million to Crescent Dunes
$337 Million to Sempra Energy

Both Solar Energy plants that have been unable to compete.

BOTH have direct ties to Obama campaign major supporters.

Two Solar-Powered Plants Get Loan Guarantees - WSJ.com

loan guarantee =/= loan

To someone simple minded - I am sure it is.

Well, one involves the government lending money directly to a business, and the other, uhm, well, doesn't.

So how do you feel they are exactly the same?

Yes, that public financing. All candidates should have to take it. No person, no company, no PAC should be able to donate directly to any candidate.

Change the rules, but don't blame someone for playing by them.

Our Constitutional Amendment: Get Money Out of Politics | Dylan Ratigan
soooo you wouldn't have a problem if big oil backed the GOP!!:eusa_eh:

They already do, dingbat, and thanks to the most partisan, bought off Supremes ever, they can do it in secret! Pub dupes!! Dems are trying to compete in the industries of the future. JFC

Breaking news for Pub dupes- Green industrialists are Democrat, and Dems are for green industry. If you're looking for huge corruption, subsidies, and lobbying- look at the usual suspects: Pubs, big oil, pharma, and health. DUH.

Horse shit, lol.

So you think it's ok, You think everyone trying to make money in the green industry is a Democrat.

Holy shit you are stupid.

loan guarantee =/= loan

Well, one involves the government lending money directly to a business, and the other, uhm, well, doesn't.

The default rate for government loans hovers around 20% for starters.
The U.S. Government also has a looooong history of forgiving loans if a few congressmen deem the compnay to have "significant public service"....campaign contributions counts as a major factor in that decision no doubt, and also helps to get the loan in the first place - hell they do it so much so that they actually have an agency that handles all of them.
Currently Government subsidized student loan defaults are at 8.8%...however this does not count the many loans that are also forgiven, primarily if the student uses the degree and gets a government job (how convenient)

Last edited:

The default rate for government loans hovers around 20% for starters.
The U.S. Government also has a looooong history of forgiving loans if a few congressmen deem the compnay to have "significant public service"....campaign contributions counts as a major factor in that decision no doubt, and also helps to get the loan in the first place - hell they do it so much so that they actually have an agency that handles all of them.
Currently Government subsidized student loan defaults are at 8.8%...however this does not count the many loans that are also forgiven, primarily if the student uses the degree and gets a government job (how convenient)

So then, by your own admission, a loan guarantee is NOT the same as a loan. It can be, in some cases, but is not always.

Thanks for agreeing the me!

The White House has reportedly shoved $1,000,000,000 of your money into yet another risky green venture.

$737 Million to Crescent Dunes
$337 Million to Sempra Energy

Both Solar Energy plants that have been unable to compete.

BOTH have direct ties to Obama campaign major supporters.

Two Solar-Powered Plants Get Loan Guarantees - WSJ.com

loan guarantee =/= loan

but it sure as fuck guarantees that we'll pay for it, asshat.

Green jobs are growing faster than any other job market in this country and abroad...so, naturally, Rebublicants are against it.

Grist | Environmental News, Commentary, Advice

Study Cites Strong Green Job Growth - NYTimes.com

NOLA.com : Green jobs expected to grow in number in Louisiana

:bsflag:

The issue is it is paid by the tax payer with no benefit.

No benefit? Jobs aren't a benefit? Rebuilding our infrastructure isn't a benefit? Reducing our dependence on foreign oil isn't a benefit?

China's government is investing heavily in green energy and technology. Look what it is doing for them...

China winning race for green jobs

What do ya'll have against jobs?

Solar Jobs Outshine Fossil Fuels Job Growth

It is a lot worse than even dreamed.

It is now in the $Billions.....

Government - INDUSTRIES
The Secret Gov't Bank That's Financing More Solyndras

By Elizabeth MacDonald

Published September 28, 2011

| FOXBusiness

Print
Email
Comments
inShare7

Sitting at the center of the Solyndra scandal is an off-balance-sheet bank at the Treasury Department that dates back to 1973.

This little-known government bank, the Federal Financing Bank [FFB], had a zero balance in 2008 for green energy projects, but now, with little Congressional oversight, it is giving out billions of dollars in loans to White House pet projects often at dirt-cheap interest rates below 1%.

eMac Headshot for Column.JPG

In July alone, the government bank, which had $61 billion in assets, lent nearly three quarters of a billion dollars in taxpayer funds with no Congressional checks and balances.

Plus the bank is funding the insolvent U.S. Post Office; the White House’s expensive green car projects at Ford Motor, Nissan and Tesla Motors; a $485 million loan to an expensive solar project that’s lost $160 million over the last three years that’s backed by Google, BP and Chevron; plus the FFB is funding the teetering HOPE housing bailout program, which gives delinquent mortgage borrowers breaks on their loans.

And according to KPMG’s audit report of the bank, the FFB is losing billions of dollars in taxpayer money because it is forgoing collecting interest costs on already inexpensive loans that are financing projects at agencies like the Agriculture Dept.

What’s scary for taxpayers is this: The FFB can borrow unlimited amounts of taxpayer money from the Treasury for these kinds of political pet projects. Under the 1973 “FFB Act, the bank may, with the approval of the Secretary, borrow without limit from the Treasury,” says the bank’s audited statements from KPMG.

The Treasury Department’s inspector general is now investigating the bank over its $528 million loan to Solyndra. FFB’s chairman of the board is Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, and the bank’s board executives are Treasury officials.

Who is getting the FFB’s green energy money? As the White House and Democrats in Congress rail against tax breaks for oil companies, the FFB gave taxpayer loans to green companies with high cash burn that were spilling red ink.

For instance, Solyndra was still getting loans from the FFB up until it filed for bankruptcy. It got $3 million in loans at a 0.89% rate just a month and a half before it filed for bankruptcy protection.

The FFB is also giving loans to risky solar companies as well as to a money-losing solar energy outfit backed by companies such as Google, Morgan Stanley, Chevron and BP that has spilled $160 million in red ink for the last three years.

In the month of July alone, the FFB gave a $12.5 million loan to Abound Solar; 60% of Abound's balance sheet will come from federal taxpayers, or $400 million in guaranteed federal loans.

FFB also gave a $117,330 loan to the struggling Kahuku Wind Power and more than $77 million to the Solar Partners companies, whose parent company is due $485 million in White House approved loans.

The Solar Partners companies are units of BrightSource Energy, which is building a massive solar-powered energy plant near the Mojave Desert in San Bernardino, California.

BrightSource lost $45 million in 2008, $44 million in 2009, and $72 million in 2010, even though it has rich backers that include Google, Chevron, Morgan Stanley and BP, among others, says FOX News analyst James Farrell.

Read more: The Secret Gov't Bank That's Financing More Solyndras | Fox Business

Forum List

Back