Things about women............

All I know is I can't have sex with out love, I pulled out of hot girls in my youth because we were friends or she was drunk.

I know I am different, I guess but I would rather say no, then making love to her and not even BEING in love with her.

No point in it unless you are a dog in heat.

Do you mind being alone?
I think that if my marriage dissolved for whatever reason, I would not ever want to marry or be in a committed relationship again. I don't think I'm capable of the love you described above.

You may be more of a believer in love that I am! Actually, I believe it is possible for most other people.... just because I'm a freak doesn't mean everyone else is!

I don't mind being alone at all. I get my best work done when I'm alone. A good book, a radio, and me. That's a perfect day.

I don't think I'd ever consider another relationship if my wife and I split up. I'm too old to be starting that search up again.

My love is basically reserved for ideas or things, not for people.

[QUOTE="Bonzi, post: 11897725, member: 54582"You are able to look at things objectively... not everyone can "disconnect" like that.
Hubby thinks I'm cold and heartless because I can do that.[/QUOTE]

I look at most things objectively. That doesn't mean I'm not passionate about many things. Sports, politics and books especially.

[QUOTE="Bonzi, post: 11897725, member: 54582"You are able to look at things objectively... not everyone can "disconnect" like that.
Hubby thinks I'm cold and heartless because I can do that.

I look at most things objectively. That doesn't mean I'm not passionate about many things. Sports, politics and books especially.[/QUOTE]

My passions vary. It's hard to be around someone like me because there's not a great deal of consistency - I guess I have a "short attention span" when it comes to what I am passionate about. I can lose interest in something very quickly..........

Okay so, if it's not just sex, and not love... then what? Best friends with benefits?

It's two people who believe that life is supposed to be lived a certain way, with certain roles and standards for Men and women. People who believe that single adults are effectively coins with only one side (head or tail) printed on them, and that like a coin it's only when they are joined together that they gain real value. I am the breadwinner and she is the homemaker. I am the Leader and she is the supporting staff. Together we make a whole unit, whereas apart neither one of us has anywhere near the value we have together. Oh, and she is at least as on-board with this philosophy as I am. Probably more.

Oh and if you don't mind... how old are you and why don't you believe in love...?

I turned 41 last Friday. She will be 35 next March. We known each other for a little over three and a half years and been married for almost thirteen months now.

Due to personal issues (medical and personality) I learned early on in life to see the darkness in the hearts of people. That made me suspicious of this idea called "love". Then as I started to get a little older I realized it was most often used for one purpose..... To support and defend the most ridiculous, illogical, and flat out stupid decisions that people make. That's why I don't believe in love.
so let me take a wild guess?

Your friends call you Spock? Or Sheldon?

He has no friends. He is a sociopath incapable of friendship.

Forum List

Back