They will start a Nuclear War:

Why not defend Sweden and Finland from russian aggression?

the more free countries there are in the world the better it is for everyone
There is no Russian aggression directed at Sweden and Finland. If there was a strong likelihood of NATO membership, that might change. I seriously doubt NATO would welcome these countries into the alliance at this time.

No, war with Russia is not inevitable. Putin has shown he is willing risk a nuclear war. We are going to have to do the same. In other words we have to turn the clock back 60 years. We going have to use cold war strategies. That means doing our own saber rattling, putting more pressure on our allies outside of NATO to isolate Russia, developing and publicizing new weapons system, doing whatever is necessary to see that Russia neither wins nor losses in Ukraine. It also means preparing America for bigger defense spending's, higher taxes, and less economic growth. If Putin is bogged down in a war that goes on for years along with economic pain at home, Putin will lose support at home. When that happens, he will have no choice but to negotiate in Ukraine, probably settling for the Eastern Ukraine with a path the the sea.

Taking over western Ukraine which borders 3 NATO countries, Poland, Slovakia, and Romania would be far more difficult than Eastern Ukraine. The eastern part of the country has been the heart of the insurrection with strong ties to Russia. It also borders Crimea which has been effectively annexed by Russia.
Wrong. Cold war strategies had respect for nuclear weapons. We would never have chosen to get into this war with Russia during the cold war. Apart from Cuba we had nothing near as dangerous as this when we had the cold war. Instead the West is daring Putin to start a nuclear end to humanity. Was listening to some military experts talking yesterday. They said they really hoped that US intelligence had some information that Russia was not going to use nukes - otherwise we are absolutely on the brink...and people here find it amusing. Insanity.

Wrong. Cold war strategies had respect for nuclear weapons. We would never have chosen to get into this war with Russia during the cold war. Apart from Cuba we had nothing near as dangerous as this when we had the cold war. Instead the West is daring Putin to start a nuclear end to humanity. Was listening to some military experts talking yesterday. They said they really hoped that US intelligence had some information that Russia was not going to use nukes - otherwise we are absolutely on the brink...and people here find it amusing. Insanity.
I disagree. We are providing support for the Ukraine. We are not actively engaging Russia.
We did the same thing we are doing now at a lower level during the cold war when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan, the Hungarian Revolution in 1953, and dozens of uprising in Asia and African in which the US supported one side and Russia the other. When the US was fighting in Korea in the 50's and Viet Nam in 60's-70's during the cold war, Russia was supplying our enemies.

During the Cold War the USSR was constantly threating the US with nuclear war. Every May Day, the Russians would display new missiles and bombers capable of attacking the US. Russia warned the US that if they crossed the Yalu River into the China during Korean War, that would mean an unlimited war between the US and China as well as Russia.

Putin is doing the same thing that his leaders did when he was in the KGB. I expect Putin will continue to threaten the US intervention in the Ukraine. Just as in the cold war we can not box in Putin so his only option is the nuclear option but on other had we can not allow Russia to overrun country after country. Success in the Ukraine would increase Putin's already strong support in Russia which would open the door for attacks on Georgia, Syria, Moldavia, or even Finland and Sweden. Putin is attempting to rebuild the USSR, not as a communist nation but a totalitarian state capable taking all of Europe without nuclear war.

When that happens, he will have no choice but to negotiate in Ukraine, probably settling for the Eastern Ukraine with a path the the sea
I think that has little sense for Ukraine and the Western allies. Every territory gaining will be turned by their propaganda as another victory and make the Putin's regime even popular at home.

That was already done at the wave of the events in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine 8 years ago. And this led to the current situation.

I disagree. We are providing support for the Ukraine. We are not actively engaging Russia.
[/QUOTE]

words only. Sure there are not feet on the ground but it is Western Arms brought by Western people to Ukraine which is allowing Ukraine to act as she is. More than once Zelensky has spoken about Ukraine becoming a neutral country - something which would have gone a long way to satisfying Russia. Biden spoke of Putin not being an acceptable leader, basically speaking of regime change though he saw his mistake quickly. In order to resolve this conflict requires talks between the US and Ukraine. Zelensky by the way was in favour of a peaceful resolution before the war despite his continual screams for more dangerous weapons now.
We did the same thing we are doing now at a lower level during the cold war when Russia was fighting in Afghanistan, the Hungarian Revolution in 1953, and dozens of uprising in Asia and African in which the US supported one side and Russia the other. When the US was fighting in Korea in the 50's and Viet Nam in 60's-70's during the cold war, Russia was supplying our enemies.
Yes, I will admit I could see co-relations with Afghanistan when I was writing that. This situation is different and much nearer the Cuban crises which was the one time we came to the brink of nuclear war. Nato is moving itself up to Russia's borders in just the same way as Russia was trying to get its nukes into Cuba.
During the Cold War the USSR was constantly threating the US with nuclear war. Every May Day, the Russians would display new missiles and bombers capable of attacking the US. Russia warned the US that if they crossed the Yalu River into the China during Korean War, that would mean an unlimited war between the US and China as well as Russia.

Putin is doing the same thing that his leaders did when he was in the KGB.
[/QUOTE]

Nah. That has nothing to do with what is happening now. Now the threat is as real as it was in 62 when I remember our minister talking in church whether we would still be here on - I remember Tuesday but it might have been another day.
I expect Putin will continue to threaten the US intervention in the Ukraine. Just as in the cold war we can not box in Putin so his only option is the nuclear option but on other had we can not allow Russia to overrun country after country. Success in the Ukraine would increase Putin's already strong support in Russia which would open the door for attacks on Georgia, Syria, Moldavia, or even Finland and Sweden. Putin is attempting to rebuild the USSR, not as a communist nation but a totalitarian state capable taking all of Europe without nuclear war.
[/QUOTE]

Certainly people in those countries have been afraid of something like this for years and Moldova is expecting Russia to move in. We should have stuck with what was apparently agreed to leave a buffer without NATO threatening Russia or to end NATO after the demise of the USSR. Now we have a situation where the US is trying to defeat Russia and Russia has made clear that it will use nukes if it feels it is in danger of it. It is not a good situation and does not have a good ending whichever way you look at it......but it is not a situation which is going to be resolved by weapons.

words only. Sure there are not feet on the ground but it is Western Arms brought by Western people to Ukraine which is allowing Ukraine to act as she is. More than once Zelensky has spoken about Ukraine becoming a neutral country - something which would have gone a long way to satisfying Russia. Biden spoke of Putin not being an acceptable leader, basically speaking of regime change though he saw his mistake quickly. In order to resolve this conflict requires talks between the US and Ukraine. Zelensky by the way was in favour of a peaceful resolution before the war despite his continual screams for more dangerous weapons now.

Yes, I will admit I could see co-relations with Afghanistan when I was writing that. This situation is different and much nearer the Cuban crises which was the one time we came to the brink of nuclear war. Nato is moving itself up to Russia's borders in just the same way as Russia was trying to get its nukes into Cuba.

[/QUOTE]

Nah. That has nothing to do with what is happening now. Now the threat is as real as it was in 62 when I remember our minister talking in church whether we would still be here on - I remember Tuesday but it might have been another day.

[/QUOTE]

Certainly people in those countries have been afraid of something like this for years and Moldova is expecting Russia to move in. We should have stuck with what was apparently agreed to leave a buffer without NATO threatening Russia or to end NATO after the demise of the USSR. Now we have a situation where the US is trying to defeat Russia and Russia has made clear that it will use nukes if it feels it is in danger of it. It is not a good situation and does not have a good ending whichever way you look at it......but it is not a situation which is going to be resolved by weapons.
[/QUOTE]
In all the confrontations between the US and Russia, there has always been a line drawn between providing support and an active engagement. For the last 75 years there have been confrontations between the US and Russia in, Hungry, Cuba, South Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, a number African nations, and now the Ukraine. In all of those confrontation, there was little or no actual active engagement between the two nations yet there were warnings from both sides of escalation of tension, threats of military action, increasing nuclear readiness, and promises of a nuclear response if the other side attacked. There is nothing new in what Putin is doing.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
In all the confrontations between the US and Russia, there has always been a line drawn between providing support and an active engagement. For the last 75 years there have been confrontations between the US and Russia in, Hungry, Cuba, South Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Syria, a number African nations, and now the Ukraine. In all of those confrontation, there was little or no actual active engagement between the two nations yet there were warnings from both sides of escalation of tension, threats of military action, increasing nuclear readiness, and promises of a nuclear response if the other side attacked. There is nothing new in what Putin is doing.
[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Cuba came to the edge of nuclear war. Do you believe the US would act any different today if Russia put nukes on Cuba Venezuela etc but that is pretty much what you have done to Russia. If you want the cold war back and to be scared all the time that you might not wake up in the morning then enjoy. Interestingly I have been listening to lectures on this. There is a belief that the US does not really need Europe any more and will be moving on to form good relations with China and other Asian countries.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

I disagree. I don't know your age but Cuba had everyone biting their finger nails till it was resolved. I'd put it down as possibly the most frightening moment the world has known. Are you trying to tell me that if Russia gave some of its new nukes to Cuba and Venezuela the US would have no problem with it...because that basically is what the US has done to Russia. Indeed when you look into it you find that the US's approach to Russia since the end of the USSR has been far from friendly leading to the situation we are in now. I have been listening to some lectures on this. It is believed that the US does not really need Europe any more and is moving away from it to form workable friendly relations with China and other Asian countries. It is believed that what is going on now is not only going to destroy Ukraine economically but is going to have a long term effect of a serious drop in the standard of living for the people of Europe.

It looks like this idiot has declared war on Russia

2hfnfq.jpg

Nobody will defend Sweden or Finland from Russia. If the Democrats want to destroy the Cold War order that kept the world safe for 70 years let them. They will learn why they are just their daddies' dumb fucking kids and will never be like their daddies who won WW2.
There was a bright Democrat who knew, that NATO expansion may be dangerous. So sad, that now he is ruined by Alzheimer.

Putin and his advisors are talking about taking Britain off the map, putting her down in the sea. Apparently they are saying this because Boris has been saying if Russia attacks us, we will reply. We have been up there as the one to destroy due to Boris using this as a time to show off. Our Intel are concerned even about that but also that people may come into the country to make spectacular destruction for the world to see. I heard there were some explosions in Russia yesterday. Putin has already said he will be giving it back to anyone who gives the Ukrainians the weapons to do that. I am beginning to get the feeling that Putin loves the danger of this.

According to Pootin they don’t…
They have right. But any action (especially joining the anti-Russian alliance) has its consequences. Joining NATO will significantly decrease wealth and safety of Finnish and Sweden citizens, what is even more important - it will decrease, not increase wealth and safety of the Americans.

They have right. But any action (especially joining the anti-Russian alliance) has its consequences. Joining NATO will significantly decrease wealth and safety of Finnish and Sweden citizens, what is even more important - it will decrease, not increase wealth and safety of the Americans.
Still their choice and Pootin has no say in it!

Still their choice and Pootin has no say in it!
He is not going to "say" them anything. He is going to act. May be, he will raise Islamic migrants in Sweden, may be he will raise supressed Saami minority in Finland, may be, he will poison most active anti-Russian politicians, may be, he will decrease this threat by other ways.

Yes. But there is a little difference now. Back in Cold War times there were almost no direct and intentional attacks against Russian or American territory. And there were some intentional Ukrainian attacks against targets in Belgorod region. What is even more dangerous - the USA officially support Ukrainian claims on Crimea and Donbass. So, I would say, that right now we are closer to a nuclear war than were anytime during Cold War.
Yes. It was, and it is balancing on the brink of a nuclear war. The years of relative wealth and safety are ended.

Forum List

Back