‘They sold us out’: Afghans in disbelief over Taliban gains

It has happened to every superpower in the history of the Earth, why were we any different? There is no exceptionalism in humans by region.
Not when it is helped along by stupidity and false pride. We had great people not in government that transcended those who were. Now it is in reverse by force.

God, how dumb do you have to be to try and blame Trump for this disaster? Do you even care about your own integrity?
You little shit, why do you hate America and take so much delight in its faiures
If you saw what people like Moonglow Crepitus and DrLove actually looked like, you’d understand why they’re such miserable people that celebrate darkness and tyranny. They hate themselves and want others to suffer equally as them

I suggest you run for office and put it on the table to see how it doesn't work because there are industrial forces which control the aspects of the country and it's projection.
Our nation loves the corruption that nation rebuilding offers.

If I ran for office and won in a few years I might morph into a Swamp Critter. I would rather not sell my soul to the military industrial complex, pharmaceutical industry or Wall Street and Shell Oil.

It was always going to be bad..at the end.

Our habit of giving hope to some..only to make it a cruel lie at the end--continues. Vietnam, Bosnia, The Kurds (several times), Iraq, Syria and on and on.

America lies..and the innocent pay for it.

I would challenge anyone to present any..I mean any, scenario where the US has intervened militarily..and left the country better off when we left.
Japan, Germany, France, Korea come to mind, but they were all before liberals infested our governmental organizations and we became afraid to really wage war on our enemies and defeat them.

I have read that when France was forced to leave one of its African colonies that had demanded independence, France was so angry that it even removed the light bulbs in government buildings.
In the president's place, I would have destroyed everything we couldn't remove. Leave the Afghan Army with small arms and nothing else. Burn the embassy to the ground and destroy the bases.

I'll definitely assign some of the fault directly to him.
His administration should have figured out an exit that wouldn't allow a Taliban takeover like this.
The Taliban was always going to take over. But with competent planning and execution we could have left them no profit from their victory. Anybody with a brain that has read any history could see the Afghan government was going to fold like a cheap tent. Afghanistan isn't a real country, it's a conglomeration of tribes that constantly fight each other when there isn't a handy outsider/invader to fight.

A complete failure of U.S. intelligence. The only thing left now is Joe having his Saigon moment.

View attachment 525975

Kabul, Afghanistan – Residents in Herat and Kandahar say they cannot believe how quickly both cities fell after the Taliban’s weeks-long effort to take two of Afghanistan’s largest cities.

Yet another fine example of pulling out and saying too bad for individuals who supported the military… oh wait, first this smart move- announcing ahead of time when you’re going to pull out the troops to make sure the people you’ve been fighting against for 20 years know about it in advance.

Total imbeciles at the helm alert!

Abandoning the futile cause of winning against the Taliban on their mountainous home turf should’ve been a gradual pull out that was not pre-announced, and provided safe passage for the interpreters, guides, and cooks who risked their lives by helping for many years.

The withdrawal wasn't fucked up.
If this isn't a fuckup to end all fuckups...I can't imagine anything short of Armageddon qualifying by your reckoning.

I do however appreciate you not lying straight to my virtual face that you wouldn't hesitate to call this a catastrophic failure of leadership had President Trump presided over it.

This is what happens when you allow corruption into 'US Intelligence', government, all levels and aspects of society. We have been protected by God over the years since our beginning...but...we have turned our backs on God and now he is removing his protective hand. It'll get worse.

Many Americans....instead of returning to God they dig in their heels to be more rebellious against the One True God. No one gets away with that.

Yeah, that must be it........ :aug08_031:

it’s tragic…this is the view so many will have because of the actions of the Xiden and Harris admin

i hope they don’t blame all Americans for the actions of this few and the idiots that continue to support them

If this isn't a fuckup to end all fuckups...I can't imagine anything short of Armageddon qualifying by your reckoning.

I do however appreciate you not lying straight to my virtual face that you wouldn't hesitate to call this a catastrophic failure of leadership had President Trump presided over it.
You're missing the point as usual. The withdrawal isn't fucked up. The fact that we spent twenty years there and the Afghani government couldn't hold the country for a week is what's fucked up.

How the fuck would you know what any of us look like, you pompus little twit?
781D76CB-24B4-442C-AAE9-707E387E58DD.jpeg

888FD502-3752-4B01-B70C-12165E4D924A.jpeg

You’re somewhere in there

There's no need for you to sign your posts.

Mr Trump said 5,000 US troops would leave Afghanistan by May and he would meet Taliban leaders in the near future, without specifying where.
The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the historic deal.
[...]
In addition to withdrawing US and allied troops, the deal also provides for a prisoner swap.
Some 5,000 Taliban prisoners and 1,000 Afghan security force prisoners would be exchanged by 10 March, when talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government are due to start.
The US will also lift sanctions against the Taliban and work with the UN to lift its separate sanctions against the group.

Trump, the greatest deal maker in the history of deal making, committed to us pulling out "ALL" our troops by May, 2001. As part of that deal, Trump negotiated releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners. Trump arranged lifting sanctions on the Taliban.

Rightards blame Biden. :cuckoo:
All administrative heads who have ever dealt with the Taliban should know they cannot be held to their word. Both Trump and Biden proved to put on a blindfold yet again, trusted their words of “no harm will come to civilians” in a nation we should’ve never entered in the first place. The Russians learned and it took them 10 years. I guess the Americans in charge learned, NOT, and it still took 20 years. Worst thing ever was losing lives without need. The billions of dollars (not mere tens of millions) spent propping up the Afghan government …all of that equipment goes to Taliban lol wth idiots in charge of the ship-a repeat, yet much more costly, from the Iraq stupidity.

Last edited:
Indeed it is, just don't act like it's his fault.
REPORTER: Is a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan now inevitable?

THE PRESIDENT: No, it is not.

REPORTER: Why?

THE PRESIDENT: Because you — the Afghan troops have 300,000 well-equipped — as well-equipped as any army in the world — and an air force against something like 75,000 Taliban. It is not inevitable.

Forum List

Back