‘They sold us out’: Afghans in disbelief over Taliban gains

The May 1 timetable is part of an agreement the Trump administration forged with the Taliban in February 2020. Under that deal, the U.S. agreed to withdraw all its forces; in exchange, the Taliban promised to sever its ties with al-Qaeda and end its attacks on American forces. The Trump administration began a drawdown of U.S. forces, and about 2,500 U.S. troops remain in Afghanistan now.

God, how dumb do you have to be to try and blame Trump for this disaster? Do you even care about your own integrity?
So now Trump isn't responsible for deals he makes?

icon_rolleyes.gif

When Joe Dufus stole the election surely the Afghanis knew a shit sandwich was coming their way.

They knew how incompetent Joe Dufus has been his entire life and that he was not going to change.

Did they think The Swamp was going to save them? Silly rabbits.
You know this is what trump was gonna do too, right?

There's no need for you to sign your posts.

Mr Trump said 5,000 US troops would leave Afghanistan by May and he would meet Taliban leaders in the near future, without specifying where.

The US and Nato allies have agreed to withdraw all troops within 14 months if the militants uphold the historic deal.

[...]

In addition to withdrawing US and allied troops, the deal also provides for a prisoner swap.

Some 5,000 Taliban prisoners and 1,000 Afghan security force prisoners would be exchanged by 10 March, when talks between the Taliban and the Afghan government are due to start.

The US will also lift sanctions against the Taliban and work with the UN to lift its separate sanctions against the group.

Trump, the greatest deal maker in the history of deal making, committed to us pulling out "ALL" our troops by May, 2001. As part of that deal, Trump negotiated releasing 5,000 Taliban prisoners. Trump arranged lifting sanctions on the Taliban.

Rightards blame Biden. :cuckoo:

You know this is what trump was gonna do too, right?

I am sorry Moon Bat but your filthy ass lying Democrat talking points ain't gonna work this time.

Joe Dufus and his merry little band of Left Wing idiots fucked this up big time.

Dufus stole the elction from Trump so we don't have Trump's competent leadership to deal with the problem. All we have is Joe Dufus on vacation.

I am sorry Moon Bat but your filthy ass lying Democrat talking points ain't gonna work this time.

Joe Dufus and his merry little band of Left Wing idiots fucked this up big time.

Dufus stole the elction from Trump so we don't have Trump's competent leadership to deal with the problem. All we have is Joe Dufus on vacation.

The May 1 timetable is part of an agreement the Trump administration forged with the Taliban in February 2020. Under that deal, the U.S. agreed to withdraw all its forces; in exchange, the Taliban promised to sever its ties with al-Qaeda and end its attacks on American forces. The Trump administration began a drawdown of U.S. forces, and about 2,500 U.S. troops remain in Afghanistan now.

A complete failure of U.S. intelligence. The only thing left now is Joe having his Saigon moment.

View attachment 525975

Kabul, Afghanistan – Residents in Herat and Kandahar say they cannot believe how quickly both cities fell after the Taliban’s weeks-long effort to take two of Afghanistan’s largest cities.

Well, perhaps the citizens of Afghanistan should figure it out. There are 38 million of them. the 38 million people of Afghanistan were 'sold out' because the US didn't hang out and fight for their country for them? How many decades of training, aid, and police work does it take for them to figure out how to deal with their county. And the Taliban are also Afghanistan citizens too. And were do they get their weapons? The first place that fell was right on the border of Iran. Are we suppose to be fighting Iran? Is it our job to police the world? How much help are we suppose to give them?

We can help or not help. They can fight for their own country or not.

And yeah, you are right, a Saigon moment, just like Vietnam. A war we shouldn't have been in the first place, in someone else's country, half way around the world, fighting an endless war. So you at least got that one right.

I mean really dude. I'll take the U.S. intelligence over your bag of marbles.

First, I spit coffee all over my keyboard at "tRump's competent leadership". How many drugs do you need to take to believe that shit?

Second, it's not a talking point, it's a fact. tRump promised the Taliban to remove all us troops, and believed them when they said they wouldn't do exactly what they are doing right now. He even released 5,000 of their top fighters and leaders to help. These are things that actually happened, not going points. Joe Biden's mistake was following tRump's lead.

And you think that Trump withdrawing would have been beautiful?
Better than this fuckup...

...and whether it was or wasn't...you'd and the libs would be trying to make political hay.

This is a major, catastrophic, colossal fuckup so great the adjectives needed to describe its magnitude have yet to be created.

Deny it.

Our problem is while we are great at going into a nation and destroying things we suck at nation rebuilding. Of course the reason we rebuild nations is the amount of money we can generate for corrupt individuals and politicians.

I suggest we change our approach. If we go to war with a nation we go in and set it back to the Middle Ages. Then we leave. On the way out we mention if we have to come back we will return the nation to the Stone Age.

Of course the entire world will hate us if we do what I suggested. However the entire world already hates us. After a couple such conflicts nations would learn not to mess with us.

Better than this fuckup...

...and whether it was or wasn't...you'd trying to make political hay.

This is a major, catastrophic, colossal fuckup so great the adjectives needed to describe its magnitude have yet to be created.

Deny it.
I have already made political hay out of it twenty years ago when it began..I don't blame those that got the US out any more then those that put us in and walked away. The other is the military stratagem used while there was severally lacking.

Our problem is while we are great at going into a nation and destroying things we suck at nation rebuilding. Of course the reason we rebuild nations is the amount of money we can generate for corrupt individuals and politicians.

I suggest we change our approach. If we go to war with a nation we go in and set it back to the Middle Ages. Then we leave. On the way out we mention if we have to come back we will return the nation to the Stone Age.

Of course the entire world will hate us if we do what I suggested. However the entire world already hates us. After a couple such conflicts nations would learn not to mess with us.

I suggest you run for office and put it on the table to see how it doesn't work because there are industrial forces which control the aspects of the country and it's projection.

First, I spit coffee all over my keyboard at "tRump's competent leadership". How many drugs do you need to take to believe that shit?

Second, it's not a talking point, it's a fact. tRump promised the Taliban to remove all us troops, and believed them when they said they wouldn't do exactly what they are doing right now. He even released 5,000 of their top fighters and leaders to help. These are things that actually happened, not going points. Joe Biden's mistake was following tRump's lead.
Be honest...if Trump fucked the withdrawal up this badly...you'd be screaming bloody murder that a catastrophic failure in leadership had transpired and Trump should resign immediately.

Deny it.

Be honest...if Trump fucked the withdrawal up this badly...you'd be screaming bloody murder that a catastrophic failure in leadership had transpired and Trump should resign immediately.

Deny it.
The withdrawal wasn't fucked up. The Afghanis surrendered the country without a fight. Kinda rushed the timetable.

Forum List

Back