They have lost their fucking minds, full stop period.

Government employment does NOTHING to stimulate the economy. Government produces NOTHING. It only consumes.
A great economy begins and is maintained in the private sector. Government subverts and smothers private enterprise while creating nothing out of the waste left behind after chewing up( taxing) the private sector and spitting it out.

government produces nothing?

roads
bridges
trains
schools
military weaponry
hospitals

and that's just in ten seconds off the top of my head. government also provides vital services

do you people really think if you say the same thing over and over it makes those tings true?
Jillian....Who builds those roads and bridges?.......The private sector.

Trains.......Yeah, the government runs Amtrak........When has it EVER pulled a profit?......And Obama's stupid ass want to go high speed?........What a fuckin' joke.

Schools......Yeah, just look at the state of our public school system......Way to go government!

Military weaponry?........Built by the private sector.

Hospitals.......Again, private sector.

the government pays for those roads and bridges. those jobs wouldn't exist without the government. and government absolutely has construction and maintenance workers.

the nyc subway, t in boston, bart in san francisco, and the metro in DC are government projects... .all get federal subsidies.

schools... you get out what you put in. my son's in an amazing school and getting an amazing education... as did i. so perhaps if you are displeased with your schools, the problem isn't the government...

weaponry PAID FOR by the government... and wouldn't exist without government funding.

Try again...

ALL of those jobs exist because of the government and all of those things are done because government pays for them.

and medical research... also largely government funded.

Government DOES NOT CREATE LASTING JOBS.

come Oct i will be on my Govt job 32 years....
I ha

I have a problem with anyone who views government service as a career. Working for government is public service. Not a career.
You get in, do your thing for a 10 year stretch and get out.
Government service used to be this way. In fact younger people viewed a government job as a stepping stone to something better which was found in the private sector.
Unions are what made government work a career by driving up salaries and benefits to what now far and away exceeds those found in the private sector. Meanwhile we the taxpayers keep forking over more and more to fund this nonsense.
The fact is federal government is bloated and overstuffed. There is no way in hell the federal government should be the nation's largest employer.
We are being fleeced.

What can Congress do to create jobs? Five Republican proposals. - REINS Act - CSMonitor.com

1. REINS Act
The signature jobs initiative for Republicans when Congress returns in September is an attempt to pass the REINS Act (Regulation from the Executive In Need of Scrutiny).

The REINS Act would require Congress to approve every major new regulation proposed by the White House before it takes effect. If Congress does not act within 70 days, the rule is void.

This would severely limit the power of the executive branch, since no regulations – such as the Environmental Protection Agency's regulation of greenhouse gases – could become effective without approval from both houses of Congress, a high bar. In this way, congressional Republicans are seeking to bring back to Congress the regulatory powers that have gradually devolved to the executive branch during the past 50 years.

Sponsors include Rep. Geoff Davis (R) of Kentucky and Sen. Rand Paul (R) of Kentucky. The bill is endorsed by business groups, including the US Chamber of Commerce, which is launching a summer regulation road show to boost public support.

freaking loons...

where are all the pretend constitutionalists talking about congress trying to usurp the power of the executive ... in violation of the constitution?

hmmmmmmm?? :eusa_whistle:

You actually think the President and the executive branch are given those powers in the Constitution?!

Talk about your pretend Constitutionalists . . . Perhaps you could show me where this appears in the Constitution. Even your own fucking link says it's an attempt to GET BACK TO the Constitution, you idiot.

freaking loons...

where are all the pretend constitutionalists talking about congress trying to usurp the power of the executive ... in violation of the constitution?

I am dying to read in the Constitution where it gives the President near unlimited Powers to regulate the very air we breath. In the Constitution.

Do please let us know where it is, Cause I keep reading it over and over and over. Don't see it anywhere.

roads
bridges
trains
schools
military weaponry
hospitals

and that's just in ten seconds off the top of my head. government also provides vital services

do you people really think if you say the same thing over and over it makes those tings true?

Trains.......Yeah, the government runs Amtrak........When has it EVER pulled a profit?......And Obama's stupid ass want to go high speed?........What a fuckin' joke.

Schools......Yeah, just look at the state of our public school system......Way to go government!

the government pays for those roads and bridges. those jobs wouldn't exist without the government. and government absolutely has construction and maintenance workers.

the nyc subway, t in boston, bart in san francisco, and the metro in DC are government projects... .all get federal subsidies.

schools... you get out what you put in. my son's in an amazing school and getting an amazing education... as did i. so perhaps if you are displeased with your schools, the problem isn't the government...

weaponry PAID FOR by the government... and wouldn't exist without government funding.

Try again...

ALL of those jobs exist because of the government and all of those things are done because government pays for them.

Our kids attend private school......For the very reason that the liberal controlled government in this state has destroyed the public school system.......Our kids school pumps out success stories. Our public school system is pumping out illiterate fuckin' morons by the handfulls......That's a fact.

Now, your argument does nothing to address the real problem.........The private sector is the main driving force in this country's economy.........Businesses large and small have zero confidence in this idiot presidents leadership. They understand he is economically stupid. They are constantly putting up with his threats to their bottom lines through taxation. Constantly putting up with his demonization of them......They are sitting on their money because they would be foolish to try and expand with this president in office.....He's a disaster.........And lets not even get into the healthcare fiasco that we are now finding out will be an absolute jobs killer among small private business in particular.

Building roads and bridges isn't going to do Jack Shit.......Particualarly when that moron can't even formulate a plan on how to go about it.......And who's going to pay for it.......Are we just going to borrow more money?.......'cause we don't have the money, period.

What are we gonna do........Just start pumping out massive amounts o' weapons to help stimulate the economy?

Here's a clue:

Cut, cap and balance........Get the fiscal house in order.....Show the american people that this government is serious about tackling the problem.......Give businesses large and small the confidence that this government is serious about tackling the problem.....Quit threatening class warfare......Quit threatening higher taxes on those who provide jobs.....Reform SS and Medicare.

It's become quite clear that the only way it's going to happen is by getting that economically illiterate dumbass out of the white house.

Last edited:

freaking loons...

I am dying to read in the Constitution where it gives the President near unlimited Powers to regulate the very air we breath. In the Constitution.

Do please let us know where it is, Cause I keep reading it over and over and over. Don't see it anywhere.

Living rules, man...Living rules. :rolleyes:

freaking loons...

You actually think the President and the executive branch are given those powers in the Constitution?!

Talk about your pretend Constitutionalists . . . Perhaps you could show me where this appears in the Constitution. Even your own fucking link says it's an attempt to GET BACK TO the Constitution, you idiot.
Boopie, truthmatters and that other dink, jillian are a cold trifecta of intellectual vapidity.

Try again...

Our kids attend private school......For the very reason that the liberal controlled government in this state has destroyed the public school system.......That's a fact.

Now, your argument does nothing to address the real problem.........The private sector is the main driving force in this country's economy.........Businesses large and small have zero confidence in this idiot presidents leadership. They understand he is economically stupid. They are constantly putting up with his threats to their bottom lines through taxation. Constantly putting up with his demonization of them......They are sitting on their money because they would be foolish to try and expand with this president in office.....He's a disaster.........And lets not even get into the healthcare fiasco that we are now finding out will be an absolute jobs killer among small private business in particular.

Building roads and bridges isn't going to do Jack Shit.......Particualrly when that moron can't even formulate a plan on how to go about it.......And who's going to pay for it.......Are we just going to borrow more money?.......'cause we don't have the money, period.

What are we gonna do........Just start pumping out massive amounts o' weapons to help stimulate the economy?

Here's a clue:

Cut, cap and balance........Get the fiscal house in order.....Show the american people that this government is serious about tackling the problem.......Give businesses large and small the confidence that this government is serious about tackling the problem.....Quit threatening class warfare......Quit threatening higher taxes on those who provide jobs.....Reform SS and Medicare.

It's become quite clear that the only way it's going to happen is by getting that econimically illiterate dumbass out of the white house.

God, I wish you had posted on this board when Bush was president. I saw a post almost exactly the same as yours but the subject was Bush, not Obama...

Try again...

Our kids attend private school......For the very reason that the liberal controlled government in this state has destroyed the public school system.......That's a fact.

Building roads and bridges isn't going to do Jack Shit.......Particualrly when that moron can't even formulate a plan on how to go about it.......And who's going to pay for it.......Are we just going to borrow more money?.......'cause we don't have the money, period.

Here's a clue:

It's become quite clear that the only way it's going to happen is by getting that econimically illiterate dumbass out of the white house.

God, I wish you had posted on this board when Bush was president. I saw a post almost exactly the same as yours but the subject was Bush, not Obama...
well, there's not much difference......

roads
bridges
trains
schools
military weaponry
hospitals

Link Please? The Private Sector spends literally Hundreds of Billions a year on Medical Research Developing Drugs, and Treatments and Medical Devices in the Hopes of making a Profit on them. Further more Private Charities, and Fund Raiser also Contribute far more to the Pie than Government.

I am not interested enough to do the searching to find the hard numbers but I am pretty sure your comment is incorrect and Annually Private Industry, and Private Charities Both Spend far more on medical Research than the government does. Last time I checked the US budget did not include Hundreds of Billions of Dollars in Medical Research Funding every year. Many of the Treatments and medicines Americans rely on today would never have existed if not for Private Industry and the Possibility of Making a Profit. The Government does not have Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year to put into Research, If Private industry was not there, and Able to to Profit from it, It would not happen.

Care to show me how I am wrong?

:)

Last edited:
So you've sucked on the tax payer tit for 32 years? When is enough enough?

No, he didn't. He worked for his money.

and i got enough worn out body parts including knee surgery to prove it....i dont know any Carrier who has 25 years in who doesnt have one of the following or a few of the following......bad Ankles,knees,lower back problems,shoulder problems and many of the Woman have Wrist problems.......

Okay, I have to ask what are the ladies doing for you that cause their wrist problems? I mean, maybe I should apply at the local post office! :lol:

Immie

PS Sorry that is truly an obscene question or at least the implications are obscene.

freaking loons...

Boopie, and that other dink, jillian are a cold trifecta of intellectual vapidity.

You could gag them and they'd still sound more intelligent, and make more sense, than you ever have...

Boopie, and that other dink, jillian are a cold trifecta of intellectual vapidity.

You could gag them and they'd still sound more intelligent, and make more sense, than you ever have...
well I agree about Jillian anyway.

they will stop at nothing.

I fear some foreign power is guiding thesse idiots to try and distory our country

Holy shit you sure are a silly little Delusional Chick TM.

TY for the best belly Laugh I have had in ages. Literally have tears in my eyes.

Your Hero's Policies are destroying this country as we speak, Before our very eyes, and still you come up with these silly delusions.

Do you take medication?

roads
bridges
trains
schools
military weaponry
hospitals

Try again...

all those things you mentioned are built by private entities, that create and manage the labor force to complete a given task etc ..or deliver a given product. Paying and building or making it whole are 2 very very different things.

yes they provide funds they fund a great deal, I agree. we have 5 national laboratories, we created and fund labs for scientists who receive gov. grants (and other scientists from other countries as long as they share their findings) to use as rent space to work.

Now lets say at Brookhaven they have a breakthrough and discover a workable car battery that will revamp the industry, holds a charge longer, quick charge whatever…where does it go from there?

It doesn’t go to a gov. manufacturing plant, I guess you can say in some ancillary way they created jobs, that is the staff of the lab, grants to scientists etc. but the product as intended for consumer use, goes to the appropriate private entity that bids it if its not being worked on by a scientist for the co. who would then patent it and produce it….from that point forward, the jobs created to build the plant staff it supply it, payroll, marketing delivery to end users, servicing, is all performed by the private industry.

roads
bridges
trains
schools
military weaponry
hospitals

Try again...

Government funds nothing. The taxpayers, who have no choice on what their money gets spent, fund every pork barrel piece of shit the federal and State governments can conjure up. We're sick of the waste and abuse of OUR money.
There is no accountability in government operations. We are told by our elected officials to just shut up and deal with it. NO MORE!

None of the things you mention above are impossible without government.
As a matter of fact, States are trying to find ways to allow their toll roads to operated privately. For example, the State of New Jersey has floated the idea of selling the NJ Turnpike and the Garden State Parkway( NJ's longest toll road) to the highest bidding private company. Other states are toying with selling state owned assets. As a matter of fact, back to NJ, the state government just got out of the horse racing business by leasing the two state owned race tracks to private companies.
There is so much of what government does that can be done much better if the private sector controlled it.
Government overpays it's employees, has far too many employees, does NOTHING under budget or on time and overpays every contract.
BTW.....NO mass transit should ever be subsidized by taxpayer dollars. Let the users pay their way.
Sadly another example of government stupidity and waste has come to pass. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has just issued a plan to raise tolls on the three Hudson River crossing it operates from $6 per trip to a whopping $15 per trip.
IN 1975 that toll was 50 cents. I realize costs rise as time passes. Put to increase the toll by 250% in just three years is an outrage.
The reasons given for this were massive debt, underfunded pension and higher labor costs.
WHAT?!!!! Is it the fault of NY and NJ motorists that the PA brass has pissed away hundreds of billions of dollars in toll collections? Is it the fault of the drivers that the PA of NY/NJ caves in to every ridiculous union demand?

Link Please? The Private Sector spends literally Hundreds of Billions a year on Medical Research Developing Drugs, and Treatments and Medical Devices in the Hopes of making a Profit on them. Further more Private Charities, and Fund Raiser also Contribute far more to the Pie than Government.

I am not interested enough to do the searching to find the hard numbers but I am pretty sure your comment is incorrect and Annually Private Industry, and Private Charities Both Spend far more on medical Research than the government does. Last time I checked the US budget did not include Hundreds of Billions of Dollars in Medical Research Funding every year. Many of the Treatments and medicines Americans rely on today would never have existed if not for Private Industry and the Possibility of Making a Profit. The Government does not have Hundreds of Billions of Dollars a year to put into Research, If Private industry was not there, and Able to to Profit from it, It would not happen.

Care to show me how I am wrong?

:)

From what I can find, the US government provides about 1/3 of the funding for medical research. The other 2/3 come from private industry and charities.

http://www.faseb.org/portals/0/pdfs/opa/2008/nih_research_benefits.pdf

Forum List

Back