These OWS Kids Are Not Only Making Me Proud, They Are Making History

Why do you lie? Why are you protecting WS Bankers who destroyed the American Dream?

WS bankers are'nt the ones destroying America.

When they break the law, they should be prosecuted... blame the ones making the laws they are using to undermine capitalism.

Oh nevermind.... you need a bad guy, so carry on.

What exactly are they protesting? I thought Obama was going to fix all our problems?

These people are supposedly upset about how things are in our country, yet are perfectly happy with maintaining Democrat control of our government? :cuckoo:

Who should they turn to? The Republicans?

You mean those same people who are calling them filth, stinky, lazy, unpatriotic, unAmerican, telling them to go take bathes and telling their Smitherses to release the hounds on them?

Is that how it should go in your mind?

You mean those same people who are calling them filth, stinky, lazy, unpatriotic, unAmerican, telling them to go take bathes and telling their Smitherses to release the hounds on them?

they could follow the tea party example

look at the names they were called throughout the media

tea party formed a caucus, elected representatives and completely ruined the dem agenda

And THERE, my liberal friends, is the rub. What political action is OWS seeking? Every time they try to present a list of demands their effort gets laughed at or immediately withdrawn because they can't reach a consensus as to what they want.

What you're witnessing is a group of people who have become extremely proficient at getting the spotlight but then have nothing to say when they stand in it.

It really remarkable to watch...

On the most part, the original OWSers were the younger generation. Most have never paid taxes and most have never been directly involved in captitalsim.

Likely, most did not really understand what was happening in the financial world or in politics in general...and how the two created the fianncial mess we are in.

All they knoew were two thing..

1) their parents were struggling
2) things need to be different.

If they had the answers, wouldnt you think the rest of us would?

My niece and nephew joined the Oakland protest. She's a teacher, he's a free lance computer graphics artist. They make good money, better than my husband and I do, and even they understand the problems with our country today.

It's one thing to point out that we have problems...it's another thing to point out solutions. I'm curious as to what your niece and nephew want done?

yes. I recall that. They were not allowed to assemble...and they were demostrating how unjustified it was to not let them assemble.

It is not the same as breaking trespassing laws as you protest how wall street is ruining the economy.

More backpedal fail.

Having trouble comprehending basic logic?

Not much I can do about that for ya bud.

Nope I'm just fine over here.

The statement was:

breaking the law discredits the noblest of causes

MLK and Susan B Anthony broke the law to advance their causes.

That the laws were unjust is irrelevant. They were laws, they broke them, their movements weren't discredited by their actions, and they eventually won.

You backed the wrong horse. Not much I can do for ya.

hahahahahaaaaa....

Thank goodness our country will never be in their hands, the dweebs.

Who's hands will it be in the? Pray tell.

mexicans2.jpg

tea party formed a caucus, elected representatives and completely ruined the dem agenda

Its more fun to act like a fool and get sympathy from the media, and weak minded liberals (or is it progressives they want to be called now :wink_2: )

More backpedal fail.

The statement was:

That the laws were unjust is irrelevant. They were laws, they broke them, their movements weren't discredited by their actions, and they eventually won.

he immediately expanded on it to explain what he meant.
As oopsed to accepting it, you used your expected childish "tough guy" arrogance and claimed he was backpeddling....
NOw...take this as a lesson in debating...or cast it off as you seem to do with anything that may teach you something...

Your respoinse should have been..."well, with that explanation, I understand the point you were making"

But instead...well....you had to flex your muscles and discredit him...despite him making a valid point.

Thus why I refer to your apprach as childish and "faux" tough guy.

I know many people like you. The internet helps those with no backbone act like they have one.

To compare this to the civil rights movement is a bit much I think.
But then again they do hand out Nobel Prizes pretty easy these days.

I need to see a bit more before I think these people are changing much of anything yet.
This movement already has become far more powerful than I'd expected. From a relatively small and insignificant gathering in New York's Zucotti Park to something the entire Nation seems interested in and is talking about. I am old enough to remember when America had enough of the repressive 50s and the anti-authority protests began. It started in San Francisco and New York and spread like wildfire. And the old guard was swept away by a massive wave. I believe we will see the most profound and meaningful effect of this movement in November, 2012.

Oh and just to throw a little water on the election to sainthood.
Take a look at a few things from the OWS crowd.

We did have a few clashes with Police.
Early on and rather mild. But look at the situation now. Ghandi is prevailing and the effect of passive resistance is already having a potent effect.

We did have one of the OWS peeps threaten to firebomb Macy's
and burn the city to the ground.
There always are exceptions to any rule.

I wonder how many more of that kind is in the crowd.
And I wonder how many of your acquaintances dislike you and wish you harm. Again, there always are exceptions.

Its more fun to act like a fool and get sympathy from the media, and weak minded liberals (or is it progressives they want to be called now :wink_2: )

No one "dared" the tea partyers to do something...no one "predicted" the tea party would do anything.

The OWSers were set up by the opposers. The opposers said they would crumble and flee when it rained......Iso of COURSE they had to stay...

Im not holding it against them.

I do, however, abhor those that have hijacked the movement for their own agenda.

[

No actually at the time their actions were indeed discredited by a large segment of thier contemporaries and media. Much like OWS.

it was the "eventual" lawful action of the courts which brought accreditation and validation to their cause...that being the specific laws they broke and not engaging in other criminal activity to meet their end

OWS cannot claim this high ground as their violations are mere criminal acts without merit or specific to the cause.

My avatar is a dude from the football team that plays 45 minutes from my house. Prior to that it was a Bruins player. Prior to that a Celtics player and prior to that a Red Sox player.

See a motif there?

You don't know shit about me. Stop pretending you do.

I know you like shit teams. just saying.

Yup, the teams here just suck. The evidence is clear.

i give you that. you guys have won a lot, with the exception of the sox.

Obviously the spray used on those spoiled twits wasn't very strong. In fact, I doubt at all that the smell was worse than their own BO! There was certainly nothing at all brutal about the way they were treated, absolutley not as brutal as the protesters are themselves. And positively not as brutal as they want to be!

The sight of those protesters getting what was comeimg to them was pretty mild and not nearly what they deserved.

LOL! Okay so it's not like anyone expected an objective or intelligent reply from the Conservs here.

Several people were treated for chemical burns.

So out of curiosity, what do you think an American who is sitting peaceably "deserves"? Imprisonment? Water-Boarding? Hang 'em?

So Marc, there is without a doubt, an undesireable element in OWS but you're right. That element is becoming smaller and as N17 proved, the peaceful, reasonable element is now dominent at protests because the Home Occupiers now outnumber the Tent Occupiers.

The statement was:

he immediately expanded on it to explain what he meant.
As oopsed to accepting it, you used your expected childish "tough guy" arrogance and claimed he was backpeddling....
NOw...take this as a lesson in debating...or cast it off as you seem to do with anything that may teach you something...

Your respoinse should have been..."well, with that explanation, I understand the point you were making"

But instead...well....you had to flex your muscles and discredit him...despite him making a valid point.

Thus why I refer to your apprach as childish and "faux" tough guy.

I know many people like you. The internet helps those with no backbone act like they have one.

He was backpedaling. Then he claimed there was no need to explain further.

no caveat needed

Face it, he said something stupid and got dragged to the rug over it.

I'm sure he appreciates you white knighting for him tho.

To compare this to the civil rights movement is a bit much I think.
But then again they do hand out Nobel Prizes pretty easy these days.

I need to see a bit more before I think these people are changing much of anything yet.
This movement already has become far more powerful than I'd expected. From a relatively small and insignificant gathering in New York's Zucotti Park to something the entire Nation seems interested in and is talking about. I am old enough to remember when America had enough of the repressive 50s and the anti-authority protests began. It started in San Francisco and New York and spread like wildfire. And the old guard was swept away by a massive wave. I believe we will see the most profound and meaningful effect of this movement in November, 2012.

Oh and just to throw a little water on the election to sainthood.
Take a look at a few things from the OWS crowd.

We did have a few clashes with Police.
Early on and rather mild. But look at the situation now. Ghandi is prevailing and the effect of passive resistance is already having a potent effect.

We did have one of the OWS peeps threaten to firebomb Macy's
and burn the city to the ground.
There always are exceptions to any rule.

I wonder how many more of that kind is in the crowd.
And I wonder how many of your acquaintances dislike you and wish you harm. Again, there always are exceptions.

unrfortunately, most of America is talking about the actions of those that hijacked the movement....and the movement itself is second page news.

I dont agree with the movement.....or the overall semtiments of the movement.

If they occupied congress...I would have been there myself.

Why protest the bribers?

Isnt it smarter to protest AND REPLACE those that accpet the bribes?

So out of curiosity, what do you think an American who is sitting peaceably "deserves"? Imprisonment? Water-Boarding? Hang 'em?

breaking the law deserves arrest

resisting arrest begets police response..always with required force

there is no other alternative in an orderly society

Obviously the spray used on those spoiled twits wasn't very strong. In fact, I doubt at all that the smell was worse than their own BO! There was certainly nothing at all brutal about the way they were treated, absolutley not as brutal as the protesters are themselves. And positively not as brutal as they want to be!

The sight of those protesters getting what was comeimg to them was pretty mild and not nearly what they deserved.

LOL! Okay so it's not like anyone expected an objective or intelligent reply from the Conservs here.

Several people were treated for chemical burns.

So Marc, there is without a doubt, an undesireable element in OWS but you're right. That element is becoming smaller and as N17 proved, the peaceful, reasonable element is now dominent at protests because the Home Occupiers now outnumber the Tent Occupiers.

If 20 friends of mine locked arms and sat in the middle of I-95 during rush hour......acting peaceful.....what should the state troopers do?

Now...bear in mind...our arms are locked....simply taking each one of us individually is impossible without a phuysical struggle that would likely create injury to either the protesters or officers.....so what should they do?

Forum List

Back