These are who we call Heroes

The difference is mine have water stains from when the firefighters sprayed my office down. Just like the photo from 4/325th I posted.

But like I said, believe what you want. I know my service and I am proud of what I did. Funny how a fellow Ranger would try to make another look bad. You would think after it was burned into your brain for so long you would remember your creed.
Never shall I fail my comrades.

You certainly are a lost soul.

Get help. Quick....

I wasn't talking about the SAW, I was talking about the M-240B replacing the M-60, which means that active duty infantry units stopped using the M-60 around the mid-90s.

This gets funnier and funnier.

BTW, I don't care about what the MPs had. I was an infantryman, and you claim to have been one too.

The M-60 hasn't gone anywhere or been removed from service. It is still used quite extensively in all branches of the Armed Forces. We used the E-3 version in the Navy at my commands. We even had some old Stoner's, a Swedish K and a Madsen M50 in our armory. Special operations units have armories full of them and they've seen action to this day in Iraq and Afghanistan.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2029026-post86.html

AD Army Infantry units no longer use the M-60 and haven't for a long time.

6 years ago active duty Army units used the M-60. Is that the long time you're refering to?

6 years ago active duty Army units used the M-60. Is that the long time you're refering to?

Which active duty Infantry units? That was 2004, when I was an Infantry Officer and I certainly never saw them. We didn't have them in the 25th ID, and we are low on the priority for getting the new gear.

They weren't at Ranger School and I never touched an M-60 during my time on active duty. Not in Ranger School, IOBC, or any other unit.

If you are basing this off of your picture, it's probably a poor assumption. You have no idea if that was an infantry unit. It certainly wasn't an infantry unit with the 10th ID or the 25th ID, which were the two Army Divisions that were on the ground at the time.

The velcro American flag patch gives it away. Those weren't authorized for conventional units.

It might have been a special forces unit (or support).

Which active duty Infantry units? That was 2004, when I was an Infantry Officer and I certainly never saw them. We didn't have them in the 25th ID, and we are low on the priority for getting the new gear.

They weren't at Ranger School and I never touched an M-60 during my time on active duty. Not in Ranger School, IOBC, or any other unit.

If you are basing this off of your picture, it's probably a poor assumption. You have no idea if that was an infantry unit. It certainly wasn't an infantry unit with the 10th ID or the 25th ID, which were the two Army Divisions that were on the ground at the time.

The velcro American flag patch gives it away. Those weren't authorized for conventional units.

It was the 19th SF in the photo.

Last time I saw a M-60 in service was in 2002 with the 16th MP Ft Bragg. But you being Mr Know It All about every unit in the Army I am sure you will say it is impossible.:lol:

Last edited:
[
For the record, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt about their service. I believe that you served with the 82nd Airborne. I also think that, based on your posts, you never completed RIP and left active duty sometime around the late 80s or early 90s. Feel free to correct any of my assumptions.

Not that it mattes, you could be Audy Murphy posting from beyond the grave and it still doesn't give you a special dispensation to be a jerk.

Wrong yet you will cont to believe you are right so there is no point trying to change your mind.

I am a jerk because after watching so many of your fellow liberals attack the military I questioned the motives of Dogbert who is a liberal. Then I will admit to being a jerk because I have watched liberals protest what I stand for way to long without saying anything because I was in the military. I am no longer and will not stand by and allow the men and women whom still are to treated with so much disrespect by the same people that have your core political beliefs.

You and a couple others come running into this thread to tell me you know so much about liberals not protesting outside the gates of Bragg and Benning and I shot your ass down with links to prove otherwise. You then try to turn it back on me because you got your ass handed to you while trying to cover for your fellow anti war liberals.

So just know this, you might have been a Ranger but that doesnt mean you know everything about every unit. You were proven wrong twice in this thread so your credibility with me isn't at full gauge. You know nothing about me nor my time in the military. You can rant on about how you are Mr Know It All about everything dealing with the Army. But it doesnt change the fact that you are a asshole liberal and you support a political belief that wants to destroy what this country was founded on. To me, even with your military service, it is treasonous.

Last edited:
The difference is mine have water stains from when the firefighters sprayed my office down. Just like the photo from 4/325th I posted.

But like I said, believe what you want. I know my service and I am proud of what I did. Funny how a fellow Ranger would try to make another look bad. You would think after it was burned into your brain for so long you would remember your creed.
Never shall I fail my comrades.

You certainly are a lost soul.

Get help. Quick....

And youre a dickhead .

Go get sucked fag.

Am I the only one to see two soldiers? :confused:

Actually, there are at least three heros there. the third one only has a helmet visible, and part of the weapon.

I would like to acknowledge my Dad as a WW II hero as well. He flew in 25 bombing missions where about 50% of the planes did not return from each mission. That was the required number of times. Then, My Dad flew in four more missions because he is just kind of a person. There were many heros then and there are now.

You and a couple others come running into this thread to tell me you know so much about liberals not protesting outside the gates of Bragg and Benning and I shot your ass down with links to prove otherwise. You then try to turn it back on me because you got your ass handed to you while trying to cover for your fellow anti war liberals.

No, people piled on you in this thread because you are an idiot and an asshole.

YOU questioned the OP's motive with no reason to do so other then your own delusional hatred.

YOU mocked and questioned the service of veterans who are respected here by both "sides" without cause, to the point of calling at least one a traitor.

YOU diverted attention from a tribute to the heroism of the men in the OP's photo and their comrades in arms in order to make yourself look like the big bad keyboard commando.

It doesn't matter what facts you can or cannot google and spew from that foaming maw of yours. You're pathetic, you're a loser, and you fail.

Now go ahead and neg rep me, you sorry ass whiny bitch. :badgrin:

[
For the record, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt about their service. I believe that you served with the 82nd Airborne. I also think that, based on your posts, you never completed RIP and left active duty sometime around the late 80s or early 90s. Feel free to correct any of my assumptions.

Not that it mattes, you could be Audy Murphy posting from beyond the grave and it still doesn't give you a special dispensation to be a jerk.

Wrong yet you will cont to believe you are right so there is no point trying to change your mind.

I am a jerk because after watching so many of your fellow liberals attack the military I questioned the motives of Dogbert who is a liberal. Then I will admit to being a jerk because I have watched liberals protest what I stand for way to long without saying anything because I was in the military. I am no longer and will not stand by and allow the men and women whom still are to treated with so much disrespect by the same people that have your core political beliefs.

So just know this, you might have been a Ranger but that doesnt mean you know everything about every unit. You were proven wrong twice in this thread so your credibility with me isn't at full gauge. You know nothing about me nor my time in the military. You can rant on about how you are Mr Know It All about everything dealing with the Army. But it doesnt change the fact that you are a asshole liberal and you support a political belief that wants to destroy what this country was founded on. To me, even with your military service, it is treasonous.
Oh bullshit!

Playing the treason card now?

Give me a fucking break.

Look man, many liberals supported going into both Afghanistan and Iraq. Just look at the votes that got us into both theatres. What the deal is, is that liberals tend to back off when the blood starts to flow. They want clean war. There is no such thing as clean war. But you trying to paint all liberals with your broad brush only makes you look like a fool. Your trying to paint GTH as a far lefty. Well, his willingness to serve completely disporoves that ridiculous assertion. Fact is, the far lefty's DON'T serve. They are the ones doing the "dirty" protesting. That's a fact.

RLTW, ATW!

Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they werren't used....I refer you to the wiki article showing active army units using M60's mounted on their HMMRs.

Here's a conventional unit wearing the unauthorized American flag on their uniforms in Iraq.
http://photojournalismstock.com/Iraq%20Photography/soldierplay/photos/view.php?pic=03iraq1840.jpg

dang rebels....

I know they aren't velcro attached but they are there....even in 2004 in Afghanistan....
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.25idl.army.mil/Deployment/OEF%2520Afghanistan/Deployment/Big/OEF%2520Aug25_2004%2520VIPs%2520visit%2520Afghanistan040825A2747F0004-Sec%2520of%2520Army%2520Greets.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.25idl.army.mil/Deployment/OEF%2520Afghanistan/Deployment/23Aug04pictures.htm&usg=__feOigg8bp42-8JucKm9_K30t7YY=&h=1126&w=1700&sz=296&hl=en&start=4&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=mSE0PIZvK50B7M:&tbnh=99&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DArmy%2Bafghanistan%2B2004%2Bpictures%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%26tbs%3Disch:1

Last edited:
Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they werren't used....I refer you to the wiki article showing active army units using M60's mounted on their HMMRs.

Here's a conventional unit wearing the unauthorized American flag on their uniforms in Iraq.
Soldiers not working.

dang rebels....

I know they aren't velcro attached but they are there....even in 2004 in Afghanistan....
Google Image Result for http://www.25idl.army.mil/Deployment/OEF%20Afghanistan/Deployment/Big/OEF%20Aug25_2004%20VIPs%20visit%20Afghanistan040825A2747F0004-Sec%20of%20Army%20Greets.jpg

You missed my point. We all had the flag sewn on. That was a regulation. In 2004, we weren't allowed to have all the cool-guy velcro stuff. That was reserved for units under Special Operations Command. It's the velcro and not the patch on the DCUs that I was talking about.

When I say that conventional Infantry units didn't have the M-60, I mean that I am not aware of any infantry unit that had the 60 in their MTOE. It had long been replaced by the 240-B.

It was the 19th SF in the photo.

Last time I saw a M-60 in service was in 2002 with the 16th MP Ft Bragg. But you being Mr Know It All about every unit in the Army I am sure you will say it is impossible.:lol:

I said I was specifically talking about Infantry Units. I was under the impression you were an 11 series.

Having never been an MP, I won't pretend to know what they carried.

why does obama hate white people? he is always sending those whiteys to die in foreign lands....

yours truly,

53rd street

Obviously you've never been in the military.

There's a much larger proportion of black folks in the military than in the general populace.

You'll be relieved to know that I neither give a fuck about your views on my credibility or if you think I am a traitor.

You are allowed to live in your own little world and believe whatever the hell you want.

The rest of us are entitled to think you are an asshole and ignore your rants.

Nice how that works, huh?

P.S. I am sorry those mean old liberals hurt your feelings.
P.P.S. So did you ever make it through RIP or not?

I would like for the OP to explain why the title? Is he saying that the US troops are endangering the child and father by fighting with them present or he is saying what fine example these men are showing as American troops by using themselves as cover to protect these civilians?

The way the liberals treat and what they say about our men and women in uniform I have to wonder.

Being a Liberal and a former man in uniform, I will have to say "F you" at this juncture.

I have never heard a Liberal intentionally talk badly about our troops fighting in the Middle East for doing their job. Not once.

Nope I was stationed at Ft Benning and saw first hand how liberals treat military personal. A buddy of mine had red paint thrown at his white car as he left the Post. We all had slurs screamed at us while coming and going out the gate.

The same thing coming out of the gate on All American Blvd. Ft Bragg at the beginning of the Iraq war. A bunch of anti war liberals with their little nasty signs calling us troops all types of names.

Its standard OP for most liberals to take it out on the troops for what the US govt is ordering us to do.

Bullshit.

I was at many anti-war rallies, and NO-ONE was blaming troops for anything.

They were Anti-Bush rallies, and had to do with politics and really fucking bad decisions made by politicans, not soldiers.

As Ringel pointed out in the next post, there were surely Vietnam era crazies that had that sort of sentiment, but not these days.

I'm thinking this whole post is unadulterated BS.

Last edited:
I would like for the OP to explain why the title? Is he saying that the US troops are endangering the child and father by fighting with them present or he is saying what fine example these men are showing as American troops by using themselves as cover to protect these civilians?

The way the liberals treat and what they say about our men and women in uniform I have to wonder.

Being a Liberal and a former man in uniform, I will have to say "F you" at this juncture.

I have never heard a Liberal intentionally talk badly about our troops fighting in the Middle East for doing their job. Not once.

Before you go too far down this rabbit hole.

We've have bipartisan support for the notion that Lost Soul is an asshole that plays fast and loose with the facts.

I had one experience with a fringer while coming home from my first tour in iraq. It was while walking through Burbank airport here in so. cal after deplaning. Some dude came up and started with the murderer, fascist, baby killer BS. I was tempted to knock his friggin' teeth out, but managed to just smile, shrug and walk away. I kept my military bearing, and he was the one looking like the fool in the end. I could hear people calling him an idiot and such as I was walking away.

He was probably some crazy homeless left-over hippie from the Vietnam era.

People just generally don't think like that nowadays, they blame the right people: the policy makers.

Last edited:

Before you go too far down this rabbit hole.

We've have bipartisan support for the notion that Lost Soul is an asshole that plays fast and loose with the facts.

Yeah, actually I saw that as I kept reading, lol. Just thought I'd ass in my 2 cents.

I'm a PROUD Military FAN..Oh, And I'm a Liberal. While I don't support either war, I DO fully support our troops and plan on joining the Army at 18.

I take every chance I can to THANK Vets for their service. No matter if I agree or disagree with the war they are fighting, They DO make a sacrifice..And I appriciate that.

Forum List

Back