These 7 States Tax You the Hardest

Minnesota is consistently listed as a top state for it's quality of life. Most Minnesotans are happy with the states services and quality of life. State polls show people don't mind paying for the bells and whistles. People felt that when the GOP had control of the Governorship, the House and sometimes the Senate during the last decade, that the quality of life went down. Thusly, the GOP lost all the control last November.
I guess the people of Minnesota feel like they are getting a good deal with what they are getting for the taxes they pay.

Kinda surprised to see that these states really stick it to the poor and their home owners.

7. Minnesota
6. California
4 (tie). Massachusetts
4 (tie). Illinois
3. New Jersey
2. New York
1. Connecticut

Or am I?

In your sig is says:

Pres Obama is evil.

How do I know?

Only an evil person would cover up multiple murders to get re-elected.

Ok. How can you explain Bush? Serious question unless of course you had this same sig under his regime. Did you?

If not, your a fucking hack.

god bless.

Minnesota is consistently listed as a top state for it's quality of life. Most Minnesotans are happy with the states services and quality of life. State polls show people don't mind paying for the bells and whistles. People felt that when the GOP had control of the Governorship, the House and sometimes the Senate during the last decade, that the quality of life went down. Thusly, the GOP lost all the control last November.
I guess the people of Minnesota feel like they are getting a good deal with what they are getting for the taxes they pay.

Sadly it seems that people are influenced mostly by the main-stream media. If the media tells them that they should feel good about taxes and blame a particular political party for their deteriorating "quality of life" they will be unhappy or satisfied with the status-quo depending on the media's attitude.

Sadly it seems that people are influenced mostly by the main-stream media. If the media tells them that they should feel good about taxes and blame a particular political party for their deteriorating "quality of life" they will be unhappy or satisfied with the status-quo depending on the media's attitude.

Nice conjecture, but it misses the mark.
I live in Minnesota. Most folks are proud to live in a state that offers so much. The winters suck but that's about it.
I moved here in 1999 from the West Coast. It was supposed to be a temporary move as I accepted an offer to be a interim manager of a satellite office. But my kids flourished in the education system. Because of the clean air, my chronic asthmatic daughter's condition improved. We as a family found many things to do. My wife found the arts and entertainment filled her free-time. I found I could go watch pro or a major university sports team on almost any given day. It's clean here. There are thousands of lakes and we now have a cabin "up north" on a pristine lake. We live in the city and have a biking/walking path that branches out to about anywhere you may want to go just a block away. (My wife and I bike alot) We feel safe here. Both my wife's and my professional careers accelerated quickly here. I could go on and on.
In other words we stayed. Why leave?

I, too, have a problem with Fox News, but main-stream media seems to be here to stay...

I used to live in Minnesota, and I have to say that it was the most civilized state I ever lived in, and I lived in 12 of them. If it were not for the winters, I would have remained there for the rest of my life. Really great people. That is why Bachmann is such a shocker for me.

All control?

You might want to count the House seats and who has one up in the scotus

Kinda surprised to see that these states really stick it to the poor and their home owners.

7. Minnesota
6. California
4 (tie). Massachusetts
4 (tie). Illinois
3. New Jersey
2. New York
1. Connecticut

Or am I?

In your sig is says:

Pres Obama is evil.

How do I know?

Only an evil person would cover up multiple murders to get re-elected.

Ok. How can you explain Bush? Serious question unless of course you had this same sig under his regime. Did you?

If not, your a fucking hack.

god bless.

hey cock hole

I'm still right

and your a coward who can't respond to the fact that blue states suck balls and are always in last.

My previous post didn't address why the GOP was thrown out in last years election.
During the years that the GOP controlled Minnesota. Minnesota's ranking in education dropped from it's usual first or second position to 7th-9th, the GOP cut education funding drastically. The infrastructure went down hill thanks to funds being cut that went to annual maintenance. Plus, during the winter roads weren't plow as well as they have been in the past. Minnesota was always known as a very clean state. Yet things got dirty, roads and streets all od a sudden had more litter and trash on them, lake and river clean ups were cut back also. These are just a few examples of the neglect by the government that Minnesotans noticed that was bringing down the "quality of life".
But corporate welfare rose.

My previous post didn't address why the GOP was thrown out in last years election.
During the years that the GOP controlled Minnesota. Minnesota's ranking in education dropped from it's usual first or second position to 7th-9th, the GOP cut education funding drastically. The infrastructure went down hill thanks to funds being cut that went to annual maintenance. Plus, during the winter roads weren't plow as well as they have been in the past. Minnesota was always known as a very clean state. Yet things got dirty, roads and streets all od a sudden had more litter and trash on them, lake and river clean ups were cut back also. These are just a few examples of the neglect by the government that Minnesotans noticed that was bringing down the "quality of life".

all that stuff has happened here......and its hard to blame the GOP for it....they helped....but they don't get the big banana out here.....

all that stuff has happened here......and its hard to blame the GOP for it....they helped....but they don't get the big banana out here.....

This timeframe is from 2002-2012 when the GOP basically ran the show here. It's like a before & after snapshot of what was what before 2002 and what was what after they were done.
I will note that I am guilty of voting the GOP in with my votes. I still voted for my GOP State Rep last fall as he's a moderate and fought against much of the negative changes.

This timeframe is from 2002-2012 when the GOP basically ran the show here. It's like a before & after snapshot of what was what before 2002 and what was what after they were done.
I will note that I am guilty of voting the GOP in with my votes. I still voted for my GOP State Rep last fall as he's a moderate and fought against much of the negative changes.

i find it amazing when i mention how it is out here that the lefters, because, for some reason, they cant comprehend their party ever being at fault, blame Arnold, even though this stuff was happening long before he got here.....he just did not do much to stop it....he helped some of it along....but this States decline was not ALL Arnolds fault....

Here in Tennessee, the tax we have to pay when buying anything at the store is 9.75% percent which is one of the highest amounts in the country if not the highest, but I believe that it is because we don't have a state tax, but still, 9.75% is a lot, at least in my own humble opinion anyways.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Here in Tennessee, the tax we have to pay when buying anything at the store is 9.75% percent which is one of the highest amounts in the country if not the highest, but I believe that it is because we don't have a state tax, but still, 9.75% is a lot, at least in my own humble opinion anyways.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

That is alot, but if you are not paying an income tax, you are getting more for your tax dollar.

Think of all the black market income that now has to pony up when it goes and buys legal items.

Forum List

Back