“I’ll go to jail” – Florida Veteran told to remove military flags from restaurant pro

Wow.

To the extent the reporting is accurate, the story is massively fucked up.

Didn't that Florida city ever hear of the thing we like to call The First Amendment?

Or do they imagine that it doesn't apply to them?

3 cheers for Eddie Colosimo!

Wow.

To the extent the reporting is accurate, the story is massively fucked up.

Didn't that Florida city ever hear of the thing we like to call The First Amendment?

Or do they imagine that it doesn't apply to them?

3 cheers for Eddie Colosimo!

Seems to me that the GOV doesnt care about the constitution these days

What goes around comes around. The radical left was once supported by the ACLU in it's 1st Amendment right to burn Old Glory in the streets. I guess the radical left thought the Constitution only applied to them. Maybe they were right.

"Liberal" or not liberal is NOT the issue.

The issue is why the FUCK should ANY city demand that any proprietor of any business apply for "permit" to fly the colors of any of our services? If he wanted to fly a banner for Pepsi, I can see how that might come within the parameters of regulation of commercial activity.

But he's not advertising or recruiting for any of the armed services. He is HONORING those who have served. And if that's not free speech, then what exactly IS free speech?

The issue is why the FUCK should ANY city demand that any proprietor of any business apply for "permit" to fly the colors of any of our services? If he wanted to fly a banner for Pepsi, I can see how that might come within the parameters of regulation of commercial activity.

But he's not advertising or recruiting for any of the armed services. He is HONORING those who have served. And if that's not free speech, then what exactly IS free speech?

We are a nation of laws. I also think this is a stupid law. We don't have to like the laws....but we do sort of have to obey them.

This dude will probably get his way in the end. These things have a way of working themselves out.

We are a nation of laws. I also think this is a stupid law. We don't have to like the laws....but we do sort of have to obey them.

This dude will probably get his way in the end. These things have a way of working themselves out.

Actually, just to be clear, none of us has to obey (sort of or otherwise) an UnConstitutional law. An UnConstitutional "law" is no law at all.

We have to obey laws? Does that mean that Rosa Parks was wrong when she refused to move to the back of the bus? Or does you nation of laws schtick only apply when you like the law?

Why not just apply for the permit and avoid all the drama? I doubt it's all that hard.

You would think as a vet, he would be used to following protocol. Ironically, if he went to jail long enough, he would lose all of his vet benefits.

Why not just apply for the permit and avoid all the drama? I doubt it's all that hard.

You would think as a vet, he would be used to following protocol. Ironically, if he went to jail long enough, he would lose all of his vet benefits.

Typically, you have no idea what you are talking about. The VA actually does outreach to vets in prison.

We have to obey laws? Does that mean that Rosa Parks was wrong when she refused to move to the back of the bus? Or does you nation of laws schtick only apply when you like the law?

Your seriously comparing this to rosa parks? Your comparing this to the government, the entire government oppressing an entire race of people to this?

If this is the case, you can compare rosa parks to every law you dont like.

Fuck you.

Forum List

Back