"There's No Discipline! No Respect!"

The main question is how to achieve this discipline.
I doubt if we can impose discipline in our high schools at this point. There would undoubtedly be claims of racism .The liberal courts would step in and shoot improved discipline down.

The best solution in my opinion is private schools. School vouchers might make paying the cost of a private school possible for the lower income people.

Freshman Sen. Corey Simon, R-Tallahassee, took the House’s school choice proposal and upped the ante.

Both proposals to make most Florida families eligible for private school vouchers are comprehensive packages, but Simon's includes a provision designed to provide public school superintendents and teachers something they have long asked for – a level playing field – a request that public school advocates have longed asked be done.

Simon’s SB 202, like HB 1, would expand the family empowerment and tax credit scholarship programs, but Simon seeks to make the vouchers universal, while the House attaches some minor requirements.

The measure also requires the State Board of Education to review Florida education statutes with an eye toward reducing regulations on public schools so they can better compete with private schools that accept vouchers.

I doubt if we can impose discipline in our high schools at this point. There would undoubtedly be claims of racism .The liberal courts would step in and shoot improved discipline down.

The best solution in my opinion is private schools. School vouchers might make paying the cost of a private school possible for the lower income people.

Freshman Sen. Corey Simon, R-Tallahassee, took the House’s school choice proposal and upped the ante.

Both proposals to make most Florida families eligible for private school vouchers are comprehensive packages, but Simon's includes a provision designed to provide public school superintendents and teachers something they have long asked for – a level playing field – a request that public school advocates have longed asked be done.

Simon’s SB 202, like HB 1, would expand the family empowerment and tax credit scholarship programs, but Simon seeks to make the vouchers universal, while the House attaches some minor requirements.

The measure also requires the State Board of Education to review Florida education statutes with an eye toward reducing regulations on public schools so they can better compete with private schools that accept vouchers.
And private schools will turn into public schools in this regard. You give vouchers to troubled students and they go into private schools and behave in their way. What is the difference?

And private schools will turn into public schools in this regard. You give vouchers to troubled students and they go into private schools and behave in their way. What is the difference?
If the students do not behave in a private school you kick them out.

***snip***

Private school discipline varies from school to school, as each one is a stand-alone institution not generally regulated by state or federal law. If your child attends a private school, or you are considering sending your child to a private school, it’s important to understand how the school handles school discipline matters. Similar to public schools, private school expectations and rules will be detailed in the school’s handbook. However, students at private schools are not necessarily entitled to the same due process or other constitutional rights as public school students; they are only entitled to the process set forth in the handbook. The handbook, which is usually read and signed by students and parents at the time of admission, outlines the student’s rights. Signing the handbook can create a binding contract between the student and the school, and student discipline will be administered in accordance with the handbook. If your student is accused of violating the school’s code of conduct, he/she does not necessarily have the right to be represented by a lawyer, but it’s important to consult with an experienced education attorney to get advice. Further, private school students can be expelled for far less severe behavior than public school students. Decisions about alleged infractions and the associated consequences are usually issued quickly and without many rights of appeal, which can have a significant impact on your child’s future.

There is a big difference between school discipline in public schools and school discipline in private schools. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your child’s school handbook and code of conduct so you can understand what rights your child may or may not have when facing disciplinary action

***snip***

Private school discipline varies from school to school, as each one is a stand-alone institution not generally regulated by state or federal law. If your child attends a private school, or you are considering sending your child to a private school, it’s important to understand how the school handles school discipline matters. Similar to public schools, private school expectations and rules will be detailed in the school’s handbook. However, students at private schools are not necessarily entitled to the same due process or other constitutional rights as public school students; they are only entitled to the process set forth in the handbook. The handbook, which is usually read and signed by students and parents at the time of admission, outlines the student’s rights. Signing the handbook can create a binding contract between the student and the school, and student discipline will be administered in accordance with the handbook. If your student is accused of violating the school’s code of conduct, he/she does not necessarily have the right to be represented by a lawyer, but it’s important to consult with an experienced education attorney to get advice. Further, private school students can be expelled for far less severe behavior than public school students. Decisions about alleged infractions and the associated consequences are usually issued quickly and without many rights of appeal, which can have a significant impact on your child’s future.

There is a big difference between school discipline in public schools and school discipline in private schools. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your child’s school handbook and code of conduct so you can understand what rights your child may or may not have when facing disciplinary action
And these students get kicked out from these schools and where they will go? Street gangs, drug dealers and so on. It is not a solution.

I keep hearing people who haven't set foot in a public school in decades - if ever - declaring with great certainty that there is "absolutely NO discipline or respect, etc. in the public schools!" I'm here to tell you they're wrong. Are there problems with all that sort of thing regarding some students? Of course. There always has been. Kids are kids, and at a certain age some are not so good at impulse control. This is not new. Backinmydayitis makes some people say some foolish things.

As I've mentioned many times, I work in a (very) urban school district. Just the sort that seems to scare the pants of some loud mouths. I get "yes sir" and "no sir," "thank you, sir" -ed all day long every day.

Discipline? There are a number of students on my rosters who have been out for a rather long time now on suspension. The school where I am teaching night school is a school specifically dedicated (during the day classes) to educating students who have been "invited" to leave the other high schools in the district. A police officer is stationed in the school full time. Yes sir, no sir, thank you sir still applies there as well.

Yes times change, but not as much as we sometimes want to convince ourselves.

Oh and in case you're wondering, no "woke shit" is going on that I have seen.
You don’t know what you’re talking about . You sit as a administrator of this crap,, I went to these schools.. you’re wrong

And these students get kicked out from these schools and where they will go? Street gangs, drug dealers and so on. It is not a solution.
Do you really believe that keeping them in school rehabilitates them? Best thing they could do is leave, so that students that want to learn can.

Do you really believe that keeping them in school rehabilitates them? Best thing they could do is leave, so that students that want to learn can.
I don't know, really. Simply throwing them out on the street is not a solution.

Frankly, I don't know how dare the situation is now. Troubled students, and classes and even schools existed forever. Now the situation got much worse? I don't know. There was a time when whole neighbourhoods were out of statistics and no one cared what was going on there.

I don't know, really. Simply throwing them out on the street is not a solution.

Frankly, I don't know how dare the situation is now. Troubled students, and classes and even schools existed forever. Now the situation got much worse? I don't know. There was a time when whole neighbourhoods were out of statistics and no one cared what was going on there.
None of the solutions are good ones. Throwing them out is probably the best one.

So you want to leave them in the school where they bully other children and even the teachers and insure nobody learns a damn thing.

None of the solutions are good ones. Throwing them out is probably the best one.
So you want to leave them in the school where they bully other children and even the teachers and insure nobody learns a damn thing.
But you realize that that will give a boost to street gangs, right? Or you don't think so? And then new issue will arise (though, it is not actually new) - what to do with numerous violent youngsters roaming on the streets.

But you realize that that will give a boost to street gangs, right? Or you don't think so? And then new issue will arise (though, it is not actually new) - what to do with numerous violent youngsters roaming on the streets.
So we either have street gangs or a bunch of kids who can’t read or do math. The kids that can’t read or do math will face a hard time getting a good job and may end up in a gang anyhow.

***snip***

If private schools begin taking vouchers, they must take all the same behavior problems that other schools take. There will be lawsuits about this--believe it. Many of these kids with behavior problems have a diagnosis, for some it's a "diagnosis". Which means expelling them could be against a plethora of state and federal laws.

Maybe you begin to see the scope of the problem...

If private schools begin taking vouchers, they must take all the same behavior problems that other schools take. There will be lawsuits about this--believe it. Many of these kids with behavior problems have a diagnosis, for some it's a "diagnosis". Which means expelling them could be against a plethora of state and federal laws.

Maybe you begin to see the scope of the problem...
If you read my link private schools operate without all the regulations of public schools and can boot an unruly child. I agree there will likely be lawsuits and in some states private schools will lose. Obviously Democrats love to keep our youth uneducated.

***snip***

…Further, private school students can be expelled for far less severe behavior than public school students. Decisions about alleged infractions and the associated consequences are usually issued quickly and without many rights of appeal, which can have a significant impact on your child’s future.

There is a big difference between school discipline in public schools and school discipline in private schools. Be sure to familiarize yourself with your child’s school handbook and code of conduct so you can understand what rights your child may or may not have when facing disciplinary action.

I have been teaching for 30 years. You?
Yes, you’re an administrator.
I went to these schools
Also my parents before me. I’ve studied the outcomes and the differences.

You’re of a different culture, you went to some rest school, you don’t have a clue about these schools

Forum List

Back