There were audible gasps from the two and half thousand people squeezed into the theatre

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
First Minister Nicola Sturgeon woos the women of New York during meeting with Hillary Clinton

NICOLA Sturgeon has used a high profile appearance at a conference in New York to attack Theresa May over the so-called rape clause.

The First Minister was speaking at the Women In The World summit, organised by journalist Tina Brown, when she criticised May for the policy during a question on women in politics.

There were audible gasps from the two and half thousand people squeezed into the David H. Koch Theatre in New York’s Lincoln Centre, as the SNP leader spelled out the changes to the UK’s benefit policy that came into effect on Thursday.

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon woos the women of New York during meeting with Hillary Clinton

Maybe they were disappointed Barry Manilow fans, finally accepting they don't stand a chance.

“We have a system of tax credits, the state support for low income families. This new law only allows women to claim tax credits for two children. For a third or subsequent child, if they claim or are to be eligible for tax credits, they have to prove that the child was conceived as a result of rape.

“It is a disgusting and disgraceful policy, but that policy has been introduced by a woman prime minister.

“That’s the point I’m making; It’s not enough to be a woman in politics, you have to do the right things with the power you’ve got.”

Everybody hands out, now ... WAHHHHHHHHHH

“We have a system of tax credits, the state support for low income families. This new law only allows women to claim tax credits for two children. For a third or subsequent child, if they claim or are to be eligible for tax credits, they have to prove that the child was conceived as a result of rape.

“It is a disgusting and disgraceful policy, but that policy has been introduced by a woman prime minister.

“That’s the point I’m making; It’s not enough to be a woman in politics, you have to do the right things with the power you’ve got.”

Everybody hands out, now ... WAHHHHHHHHHH

So what you're saying is there are no more blank checks for unlimited wards of the state. Sounds like sound motivation to remember to take your BC pills.

You'd think, I mean you'd think that'd be part of the "doing your fair share" doctrine; after all poor people with more than two kids are a drain on welfare resources, why shouldn't they equivocally pay more taxes than the poor who's smarter and has no kids?

The liberal response is throwing a tantrum like children, because that'll fix it...

Sometimes I feel like the nation's stuck in a perpetual high school... except worse, because frankly if you did that to a teacher or the principle you'd probably get suspended. Just... redic

Forum List

Back