There is systemic racism we are unable to discuss calmly

Nope, exactly the opposite; it prohibited using quotas. Thank Nixon for that, it came under his domestic policies and pandering to the Black Caucus, not the Affirmative Action clauses in the Civil Rights Act.
You're talking about laws. I'm talking about REAL LIFE. Doesn't matter what rules there are. If you don't know that AA has been discriminating against whites for 50 years, and continues to today, you are clueless on this subject.

All one need do is walk into various govt offices around the country, and see entire offices of blacks, to know what's happening, I saw it in Stanford (1984), San Jose 1989, St Petersburg (1993), Tampa (2006) etc etc

It requires them to acknowledge the fact that sanctioned racism exists, racism practiced by much of their political base, where conservatives are loath to condemn that racism for fear of losing that political base.
You are right. Affirmative Action is the prime example. That law assumes that blacks are not capable of bettering themselves on their own.
And conservatives must acknowledge the fact that there are racist elements of their own political agenda, such as the GOP’s voter suppression efforts.
Requiring positive ID for voting is voter suppression? One needs positive ID to buy a pack of cigarettes, to buy alcoholic beverages, to drive a vehicle on public roads, to board an airplane or even be a library member. Why don't you say that requiring a driver's license (positive ID) is discriminatory agains black people?

Did anyone notices that the OP has quit USMB, because she encountered opinions that are different from hers? She went back to Facebook political forum where the most important political issue is the new knickers of Kim kardashian, and they are all passionate about it.
Our loss.
She had no ammo. Plus she didn't let us lend her some. So whose loss?

Hello I'm nobody or I'm everyone I'm not sure. The passion behind this subject is palpable. We must find a way to have this conversation and still hear each other. Passion steps in and anger follows.....conversation over.
Fact: The country is still run by old white men!
The poor, immigrants and blacks are at the bottom of the list of importance because they feel we have nothing to offer and so they can use us without conscience. Flint is a perfect reflection of what I speak.
Fact: We have glossed over these issues too long. That is why the conversation has to occur. The country is crying to be heard ....to be seen.

Of course this conversation is uncomfortable. If you're not uncomfortable then you're set in stone and angry no matter which side you're on. Where do we go from here?

Love, Understanding, Respect for differing viewpoints is the course necessary.....easy to say right?

This is our challenge.
Boy are you in for a big disappointment.

It requires them to acknowledge the fact that sanctioned racism exists, racism practiced by much of their political base, where conservatives are loath to condemn that racism for fear of losing that political base.
You are right. Affirmative Action is the prime example. That law assumes that blacks are not capable of bettering themselves on their own.
And conservatives must acknowledge the fact that there are racist elements of their own political agenda, such as the GOP’s voter suppression efforts.
Requiring positive ID for voting is voter suppression? One needs positive ID to buy a pack of cigarettes, to buy alcoholic beverages, to drive a vehicle on public roads, to board an airplane or even be a library member. Why don't you say that requiring a driver's license (positive ID) is discriminatory agains black people?

"Affirmative Action is the prime example. That law assumes that blacks are not capable of bettering themselves on their own."

So they assumed whites were incapable of bettering themselves when the government made sure whites had 400 years of AA?

Last edited:
“Of course this conversation is uncomfortable.”

For most conservatives this conversation is uncomfortable.

/----/ Geeeze not this old broken record again.

“Of course this conversation is uncomfortable.”

For most conservatives this conversation is uncomfortable.

/----/ Geeeze not this old broken record again.
Is this some kind of mental stutter?

"/----/ "

Hello I'm nobody or I'm everyone I'm not sure. The passion behind this subject is palpable. We must find a way to have this conversation and still hear each other. Passion steps in and anger follows.....conversation over.
Fact: The country is still run by old white men!

Yeah, fuck off and die.

"Affirmative Action is the prime example. That law assumes that blacks are not capable of bettering themselves on their own."

So they assumed whites were incapable of bettering themselves when the government made sure whites had 400 years of AA?
So are you saying that you need big daddy to spoon feed you because you are incapable of taking care of yourself?

So are you saying that you need big daddy to spoon feed you because you are incapable of taking care of yourself?
No. I'm saying whites needed help so the government gave them a 400 year headstart.

No. I'm saying whites needed help so the government gave them a 400 year headstart.
So you are saying that you are unable to take care of yourself. What headstart? Let me try to make sense of this. You assume a zero sum game. Whites started to walk on two legs 400 years earlier than blacks and they started to walk on two legs 400 years ago, while blacks started to walk on two legs just recently. Am I understanding you right?

So you are saying that you are unable to take care of yourself. What headstart? Let me try to make sense of this. You assume a zero sum game. Whites started to walk on two legs 400 years earlier than blacks and they started to walk on two legs 400 years ago, while blacks started to walk on two legs just recently. Am I understanding you right?
No. I'm saying whites needed help so the government gave them a 400 year headstart and held Blacks back to boot.

No. I'm saying whites needed help so the government gave them a 400 year headstart and held Blacks back to boot.
So you are saying that blacks were not developed in Africa? You are putting your own race down. Why?

So you are saying that blacks were not developed in Africa? You are putting your own race down. Why?
No. I'm saying Africa is not in the US.

Well we know that at least I hope considering nowadays educational requirements.
So, back to your original thought. You were saying that you were not capable to take care of yourself, why do you think that?

Well we know that at least I hope considering nowadays educational requirements.
So, back to your original thought. You were saying that you were not capable to take care of yourself, why do you think that?
i dont just think that. I know that whites were not capable of taking care of themselves. History shows us this. Blacks educated whites and then were driven away. White civilization collapsed. Blacks came back to europe and taught whites it was ok to take baths and how to read and write. Whites drove them away again and tried to come over to the americas but needed Black men to help them navigate. I could go on and on but you get my point. Whites need help. It was smart of your ancestors to give you a head start. God knows that 400 years was still not enough. Thats why you still whine like bitches.

i dont just think that. I know that whites were not capable of taking care of themselves. History shows us this. Blacks educated whites and then were driven away. White civilization collapsed. Blacks came back to europe and taught whites it was ok to take baths and how to read and write. Whites drove them away again and tried to come over to the americas but needed Black men to help them navigate. I could go on and on but you get my point. Whites need help. It was smart of your ancestors to give you a head start. God knows that 400 years was still not enough. Thats why you still whine like bitches.
Do I come across whining? Interesting. I am just asking you that why do you think that you cannot take care of yourself and need the government to take care of you. You are consistently avoiding the answer to that. You alluded to blacks starting to walk in two legs 400 years later than whites, then the next post you said blacks taught everything what whites know. Then you said you needed somebody else to take care of you. You are very confused or trying to confuse me.

Do I come across whining? Interesting. I am just asking you that why do you think that you cannot take care of yourself and need the government to take care of you. You are consistently avoiding the answer to that. You alluded to blacks starting to walk in two legs 400 years later than whites, then the next post you said blacks taught everything what whites know. Then you said you needed somebody else to take care of you. You are very confused or trying to confuse me.
Yes you do. I dont have a good answer other than whites are insecure and look to government to give them a head start.

Yes you do. I dont have a good answer other than whites are insecure and look to government to give them a head start.
Why do you think whites need a headstart when just a couple of minutes ago you said blacks taught everything to whites?

Forum List

Back