There Is No California Comeback

It Texas was doing so well, it seems they would have the money to invest in schools for their citizens.

Texas ranks 11th in education. California is 30th.

Report Card on American Education - State Education Rankings

These FACTS from post 9:

How’s Texas doing? Not so great: The state ranks 50th in high school graduation rate, first in amount of carbon emissions, first in hazardous waste produced, last in voter turnout, first in percentage of people without health insurance, and second in percentage of uninsured kids.

Texas ranks third in the nation for overall birth rate, but it also ranks fourth highest for teenage birth rate.

The specifics are worse. Texas ranks the lowest in the nation for women with health insurance, and is the second lowest in the nation for percent of pregnant women receiving prenatal care in the first trimester. Texas also ranks the fourth highest in the nation for percentage of women living in poverty.

“Texas’ investment per student is 27 percent less than the national average.

“The state of Texas gets an ‘F’ on the environmental comprehensive issues, but what that really means is, it gets an F in healthcare. Not just because we don’t insure our kids, but because we create an environment that is unhealthy for our kids and every other person who breathes in this state. It’s a crisis,” Burnam said. “Across the board, Texas fails its children, in particular, and the general public on environmental and healthcare issues.”

Came from a State Legislative Study. Your so called facts came from a right wingnut blog calling for "limited government". To them, not spending money on education is "fantastic".

It Texas was doing so well, it seems they would have the money to invest in schools for their citizens.

Texas ranks 11th in education. California is 30th.

Report Card on American Education - State Education Rankings

These FACTS from post 9:

How’s Texas doing? Not so great: The state ranks 50th in high school graduation rate

Likely due to the mass influx of illegal immigrants.

, first in amount of carbon emissions, first in hazardous waste produced, last in voter turnout, first in percentage of people without health insurance, and second in percentage of uninsured kids.

Which has nothing to do with education which is the point we were discussing.

Texas ranks third in the nation for overall birth rate, but it also ranks fourth highest for teenage birth rate.

The specifics are worse. Texas ranks the lowest in the nation for women with health insurance, and is the second lowest in the nation for percent of pregnant women receiving prenatal care in the first trimester. Texas also ranks the fourth highest in the nation for percentage of women living in poverty.

“Texas’ investment per student is 27 percent less than the national average.

There is no correlation between per pupil spending and the quality of education received. For instance, Washington D.C. spends roughly $25,000 per student and is one of the worst performing school districts in the nation.

“The state of Texas gets an ‘F’ on the environmental comprehensive issues, but what that really means is, it gets an F in healthcare. Not just because we don’t insure our kids, but because we create an environment that is unhealthy for our kids and every other person who breathes in this state. It’s a crisis,” Burnam said. “Across the board, Texas fails its children, in particular, and the general public on environmental and healthcare issues.”

Came from a State Legislative Study. Your so called facts came from a right wingnut blog calling for "limited government". To them, not spending money on education is "fantastic".

Stay focused and take your Ritalin, troll.

Businesses are relocating to Texas from California as fast as Texas can build office space and warehouses. Toyota just move there. California is very up front about wanting business out of the state. That's the difference. Texas wants business. California doesn't. California has a completely democrat legislature. To them businesses are exploiters and polluters.

They want green energy companies, like Solyndra, that are funded by tax payers. Of course, they'd prefer one that actually avoids bankruptcy after sucking up a few billions dollars. Apparently, they like government dependents better than tax payers because they are chasing the latter out of the state. They did see a windfall from some computer companies, but that isn't going to be the norm. California desperately needs money, and lots of it, and I am wondering where it will come from.

Everyone wants to live there. California brings nearly double the amount of money to the Federal Government as the next closest State, Texas. Only Texas is a cesspool with neighboring states suing because Texas pollutes every piece of land and water that surrounds it. Worse, Texas has the most uninsured children and they are constantly trying to lure educated and skilled workers from California.

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

Pollution in Galveston Harbor, Texas. What a dump!
I would rather live in California. It costs more, but you get so much more, it's worth it.

Detroit tried to be like California as opposed to Texas. North Dakota tried to be like Texas as opposed to California. What were the results??

Lets see if we can figure out where most of the investments for new start up companies goes.
Top 30 Startups to Watch Entrepreneur.com
Everyone wants to live there. California brings nearly double the amount of money to the Federal Government as the next closest State, Texas. Only Texas is a cesspool with neighboring states suing because Texas pollutes every piece of land and water that surrounds it. Worse, Texas has the most uninsured children and they are constantly trying to lure educated and skilled workers from California.

galveston_bay_pollution_1.jpg

Pollution in Galveston Harbor, Texas. What a dump!
I would rather live in California. It costs more, but you get so much more, it's worth it.

Detroit tried to be like California as opposed to Texas. North Dakota tried to be like Texas as opposed to California. What were the results??

Ummm, Detroit has no oil and North Dakota does. You know that right? Without an educated population, North Dakota will only do as well as long as the oil lasts. After that, North Dakota will be Texas.

Businesses are relocating to Texas from California as fast as Texas can build office space and warehouses. Toyota just move there. California is very up front about wanting business out of the state. That's the difference. Texas wants business. California doesn't. California has a completely democrat legislature. To them businesses are exploiters and polluters.

.....says the forum economist.

Why business is leaving California for Texas - Yahoo Finance
yep.....when i was delivering mail i had a business complex in the Anaheim Hills that had 350 businesses in it....over the course of 2 years the place had 111 left....75% of the change of addresses were for out of State.....Texas,Colorado and Nevada being the most popular relocating States....some were moving to other cheaper spots in Cal.....the rest went out of business.....that building had a lot of vacancies,and hadnt even had half the place rented when i left...

....[/QUOTE]
I blame google images[/QUOTE]
i blame you being a stupid fuck

Anyways how Can brown destroy a nation that is already destroyed? fucking moron

Liberalism trumps domestic issues. You can count on the people's republik of California to spend whatever it takes to restrict legal gun ownership while the state is literally falling apart with tens of billions lost in the last earthquake.

Interesting article.

California's poverty statistics are just as depressing. The state now is home to one-third of all US welfare recipients. According to a Census Bureau report, The Research SUPPLEMENTAL POVERTY REPORT: 2011 California has the nation's highest poverty rate of any state. By its Supplemental Poverty Measure, 23.5 percent of California's population is poor, while only 15.8 percent of the nation's population is poor. No other state is above 20 percent

But it doesn't factor in the massive wave of young illegal aliens that Moonbeam is encouraging to come to California. Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals You re All Welcome in California

Interesting article.

California's poverty statistics are just as depressing. The state now is home to one-third of all US welfare recipients. According to a Census Bureau report, The Research SUPPLEMENTAL POVERTY REPORT: 2011 California has the nation's highest poverty rate of any state. By its Supplemental Poverty Measure, 23.5 percent of California's population is poor, while only 15.8 percent of the nation's population is poor. No other state is above 20 percent

But it doesn't factor in the massive wave of young illegal aliens that Moonbeam is encouraging to come to California. Gov. Jerry Brown to Mexican Illegals You re All Welcome in California

Yep, California is turning into a banana republic where you will have a 1% aristocracy in Silicon Valley, Santa Barbara, and Hollywood and a 99% impoverished proletariat (the exact thing the left says they don't want, but ultimately create with their policies). This is obviously what Californians want, though, since they've been electing these type of politicians for two decades now so give them what they want. It's not hurting me.

Interesting article.

Yep, California is turning into a banana republic where you will have a 1% aristocracy in Silicon Valley, Santa Barbara, and Hollywood and a 99% impoverished proletariat (the exact thing the left says they don't want, but ultimately create with their policies). This is obviously what Californians want, though, since they've been electing these type of politicians for two decades now so give them what they want. It's not hurting me.

Oddly, It's not hurting me either and I've lived in CA for over 30 years. My business is better than it's ever been. I am now what you call a "vested interest". The state passes more and more regulations, making it harder for businesses to comply. Yes it costs me a few more bucks each year, but they effectively erecting barriers to new competition.

Forum List

Back