There are no coincidences.

Liked the line from "Signs" "What if there are no coincidences?"

Makes for interesting thought. Neuroscience has made the case for Fate minus the supernatural stuff of course. Would seem to feed into the notion.

I've wondered if what we call coincidence is really just the result if minute user-specified cause and effect occurences too small for us to notice when they happen. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy where we're making things happen but are unaware of it, then calling things coincidence or luck etc.

There are no coincidences.

there it is. Disagree with this statement and you are either brainwashed or too gullible see the truth.

Are you saying everything is Gods plan or mans plan?

[/QUOTE]
Man is my god[/QUOTE]

I prefer women, but do not attribute Deity to them.

If one considers that after being born into the universe, everything is related, then perhaps we could dispense with the word 'coincidence'. At the same time, all words are merely symbols for something we wish to impart to another. 'Light' is a word we use without being able to define what it is, 'life' is the same, 'gravity' is another. Sometimes we find that something we had a word for doesn't exist, like phlogiston. Later knowledge reveals that there is something else at play.

So, to say "there is no coincidence" may be premature, but notice this poster is not disagreeing so does not admit to being 'brainwashed'.

Sorry, coincedences exist everywhere that entropy is allowed to unfold. The universe is built upon chaos, randomness is unavoidable. Fate is for guilable suckers.

It was a coincidence that I stumbled over this thread.

I was actually looking for the fresh produce section.

Mebbe I'll find it by coincidence, too.
cutcaster-photo-801053020-Cucumber-in-a-condom.jpg

May your shopping experience be safe, my friend.

Is it just a coincidence that the world is filled with so many unintelligent, superstitious people lacking in reasoning skills and so prone towards paranoia that they imagine connections between things that are not connected?

.......and here I was thinking that it was just an indication of too many stupid people breeding compared to those with a functioning intellect.

Forum List

Back