The Worst of the Worst!

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Cheney's declaration that the worst of the worst were in captivity in gitmo.

Ya ..right Dick.

You fear mongering piece of shit.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_...ssure_bermuda_neighbors_were_no_terroris.html

Former Guantanamo Bay detainees assure Bermuda neighbors, 'we're no terrorists'
BY Christina Boyle
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Updated Saturday, June 13th 2009, 10:28 PM

Courtesy of Sabin Willett
One of the four former Gitmo detainees smiles after his arrival in Hamilton, Bermuda, Thursday.

Related News
Photo Gallery
Former detainees in Bermuda
Articles
Uighurs leave Gitmo: U.S. officials still link them to Osama
From Guantanamo Bay to Bloomy's neighbors
Former Gitmo detainees enjoying stay in Bermuda
4 Chinese muslim Guantanamo detainees resettled in Bermuda
HAMILTON PARISH, Bermuda - Don't worry, we're harmless.

Bermuda's newest residents sent a message of peace to their neighbors Saturday, days after arriving on the idyllic island straight from Guantanamo Bay.

"I'm not terrorist," one of the four Chinese Muslims, 31-year-old Helil Mamut, said in English.

"I've not been [a] terrorist," he said. "I will never be terrorist. I want to live peacefully."

Seated around a table in their two-bedroom pink cottage, with sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean, the group looked relaxed, happy and most of all relieved to know their seven years of hell were over.

"It's such a happy place, with wonderful people, we don't really want to think about the misery behind us," said 38-year-old Ablikin Turahun, through an interpreter.

During their time in the maximum security facility, the four detainees could only look longingly at the sea from the window of their cell.

They also spent more than a year in solitary confinement.

Now, they can pull back their bedroom curtains, and the turquoise waters off idyllic island await. But they are not bitter.

"There's absolutely no hard feelings towards the U.S," Abdulla Abdulqadir, 30, said.

"There are some people accusing us, labeling us as dangerous people. ... That's not true at all."

Salahidin Abdulahad, 32, and the other three former prisoners want to fish, swim and boat. The four men are single. Turahun, who has a son, is the only one among them who has a child.

Making themselves a familiar sight around town is also a priority since their unannounced arrival has sparked a vote of no confidence in Premier Ewart Brown, and is the topic on the lips of many of the 65,000 locals.

"I don't know what to think," said one 42-year-old Bermudan.

"You can say whatever you want to say, but it's easy to do something here," the resident said. "We don't have a good security system."

The four Uighurs - ethnic Turk Muslims from China - hoped they could convince people otherwise.

"When we meet people, they will get to know us, and they will know who we are," Abdulqadir said.

"We are really happy that we have the opportunity to do that."

The mens' lawyer left the island Saturday, and their translator for the past seven years, Rushan Abbas, will leave Tuesday.

They will be left in the hands of Bermudan Glenn Brangman, a former military major, who will help to find them jobs.

The transfer of the Uighurs to Bermuda has been met by sharp criticism from some island officials who worried that their presence might hurt tourism. Some officials in the United Kingdom, which owns Bermuda, complained they weren't informed. And Chinese officials wanted them returned to China.

"This country had the courage and was brave enough to accept us," Mamut said. "We will never abandon this place. We will stay here."

[email protected]

Read more: Former Guantanamo Bay detainees assure Bermuda neighbors, 'we're no terrorists'

Last edited:

Ya ..right Dick.

BY Christina Boyle
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

One of the four former Gitmo detainees smiles after his arrival in Hamilton, Bermuda, Thursday.

Related News
Photo Gallery
Articles

Bermuda's newest residents sent a message of peace to their neighbors Saturday, days after arriving on the idyllic island straight from Guantanamo Bay.

"I'm not terrorist," one of the four Chinese Muslims, 31-year-old Helil Mamut, said in English.

"I've not been [a] terrorist," he said. "I will never be terrorist. I want to live peacefully."

Seated around a table in their two-bedroom pink cottage, with sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean, the group looked relaxed, happy and most of all relieved to know their seven years of hell were over.

"It's such a happy place, with wonderful people, we don't really want to think about the misery behind us," said 38-year-old Ablikin Turahun, through an interpreter.

During their time in the maximum security facility, the four detainees could only look longingly at the sea from the window of their cell.

Now, they can pull back their bedroom curtains, and the turquoise waters off idyllic island await. But they are not bitter.

"There's absolutely no hard feelings towards the U.S," Abdulla Abdulqadir, 30, said.

"There are some people accusing us, labeling us as dangerous people. ... That's not true at all."

Salahidin Abdulahad, 32, and the other three former prisoners want to fish, swim and boat. The four men are single. Turahun, who has a son, is the only one among them who has a child.

Making themselves a familiar sight around town is also a priority since their unannounced arrival has sparked a vote of no confidence in Premier Ewart Brown, and is the topic on the lips of many of the 65,000 locals.

"You can say whatever you want to say, but it's easy to do something here," the resident said. "We don't have a good security system."

The four Uighurs - ethnic Turk Muslims from China - hoped they could convince people otherwise.

"When we meet people, they will get to know us, and they will know who we are," Abdulqadir said.

The mens' lawyer left the island Saturday, and their translator for the past seven years, Rushan Abbas, will leave Tuesday.

They will be left in the hands of Bermudan Glenn Brangman, a former military major, who will help to find them jobs.

The transfer of the Uighurs to Bermuda has been met by sharp criticism from some island officials who worried that their presence might hurt tourism. Some officials in the United Kingdom, which owns Bermuda, complained they weren't informed. And Chinese officials wanted them returned to China.

"This country had the courage and was brave enough to accept us," Mamut said. "We will never abandon this place. We will stay here."

[email protected]

Read more: Former Guantanamo Bay detainees assure Bermuda neighbors, 'we're no terrorists'

You have a point here? Other than the article you quote does not support and even contradicts your commentary?

Those are the Tibet/Uighar terrorists we picked up, Huggy, and Dick Cheney has done some very admirable things in not handing them over to the Chinese government. You're inability to distinguish the difference between these terrorists, and those who rammed their planes into the Twin Towers, makes me believe you have conceded the point that you don't have a brain.

The Bush Administration has long acknowledged that the Muslim Uyghurs, an ethnic minority in Xinjiang, who are located in Gitmo have some special considerations because they hold America in high regard and are fighting against absolutism. This has been acknowledged, by everyone, that when Dick Cheney made that remark it was clearly not over riding, and did not later replace, his comments (or the State Department's) on respect for the Uyghurs.

In short, you sir, are ignorant.

Last edited:

Ya ..right Dick.

BY Christina Boyle
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Related News
Photo Gallery
Articles

[email protected]

You have a point here? Other than the article you quote does not support and even contradicts your commentary?

Now Gunny, when has this fucking clown ever had a point ? ..... :eusa_whistle:

Ya ..right Dick.

BY Christina Boyle
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Related News
Photo Gallery
Articles

[email protected]

Jesus H. Christ Gunny!

I bent over backwards tryin to put up a current and relevant thread and

Now gotta make a point?

Well I guess the point is that these guys are not bad asses at all and Cheney called em the worst of the worst.

Cheney has been sprouting up all over the tube lately and I gues anorther point is that he is a sack of liquid crap and this is just my little effort to show what a lying piece of shit he was and is.

Contradictions? I live by them.

You are sure an arbitrary and critical SOB. What was the POINT about your sticky love songs???!!!!

The bad old days of Bush and DICK are over. We should all thank God for that.

Even stevens.

Attachments

• $ceilingcheney_thumb.jpg
    $ceilingcheney_thumb.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 113
While there may be some people in Gitmo who shouldn't be there, I'm willing to bet that most are diehard terrorists and don't deserve to see a free sky again. Or did they all get put there for being friendly guys who love to help old ladies across the street ?

While there may be some people in Gitmo who shouldn't be there, I'm willing to bet that most are diehard terrorists and don't deserve to see a free sky again. Or did they all get put there for being friendly guys who love to help old ladies across the street ?

We don't do justice on "what you are willing to bet" now do we..

Don't be such a reactionary dweeb. Of course a few are hard core terrorists. We have fucked ouselves prosecuting them because we fucking tortured them.

From what I have heard over the last few years is that the vast majority are just guys in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The "war on terror" should have been an international police matter in the first place. Afgahnistan offered to turn Ossama in as long as he would be tried in a country other than ours. That plan looks pretty good in hindsight doesn't it? Ossama at the haige ...no war in Iraq.

We're not part of the justice system are we ? We're not privvy to all the information are we ? I'm relying upon commonsense here.

Don't be such a reactionary dweeb. Of course a few are hard core terrorists. We have fucked ouselves prosecuting them because we fucking tortured them.

Don't be a terrorist defending moron. I'm sure that the vast majority deserve to be there, but imo, I think they should be transferred to the Federal prison system. But at the sametime though, that gives them the ability to communicate. But also it gives the other inmates to opprotunity to kill them. At the sametime it gives the terrorists an opprotunity to recruit.

From what I have heard over the last few years is that the vast majority are just guys in the wrong place at the wrong time.

That's what they all say. "I didn't do it, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.!".

The "war on terror" should have been an international police matter in the first place.

I agree and disagree with you on that.

Who would do it ? The UN ? They can't do anything but send a sternly worded letter.

The Europeans ? They're too afraid of their own Muslims to go to war effectively against Islamic terrorists.

But at the sametime, it would've produced better results to have more of an international flavor to it.

Afgahnistan offered to turn Ossama in as long as he would be tried in a country other than ours.

Yeah, a country they could terrorize into letting him go or giving him a sentence where he would be free again in his lifetime. That wasn't an option, the only option for Osama is the death penalty.

That plan looks pretty good in hindsight doesn't it?

Not at all.

It was a diplomatic ploy by the Taliban, they gave an offer that they and everyone else knew wasn't viable or realistic. Then they can say "well we offered him, but you didn't accept our terms !".

Ossama at the haige ...

I would rather see him tried in an American court, by Americans, and die in an American guerney with a needle in his arm.

We're not part of the justice system are we ? We're not privvy to all the information are we ? I'm relying upon commonsense here.

Don't be a terrorist defending moron. I'm sure that the vast majority deserve to be there, but imo, I think they should be transferred to the Federal prison system. But at the sametime though, that gives them the ability to communicate. But also it gives the other inmates to opprotunity to kill them. At the sametime it gives the terrorists an opprotunity to recruit.

That's what they all say. "I didn't do it, I was at the wrong place at the wrong time.!".

I agree and disagree with you on that.

Who would do it ? The UN ? They can't do anything but send a sternly worded letter.

The Europeans ? They're too afraid of their own Muslims to go to war effectively against Islamic terrorists.

But at the sametime, it would've produced better results to have more of an international flavor to it.

Yeah, a country they could terrorize into letting him go or giving him a sentence where he would be free again in his lifetime. That wasn't an option, the only option for Osama is the death penalty.

That plan looks pretty good in hindsight doesn't it?

Not at all.

It was a diplomatic ploy by the Taliban, they gave an offer that they and everyone else knew wasn't viable or realistic. Then they can say "well we offered him, but you didn't accept our terms !".

Ossama at the haige ...

I would rather see him tried in an American court, by Americans, and die in an American guerney with a needle in his arm.

Ok..was it worth nearly 5,000 american servicemen and women killed and multiple tens of thousands injured? and how many Iraqis?

I am not going to attend his trial anyway . I don't care how he dies or when. He needed captured like that piece of shit Bush promised.

Ok..was it worth nearly 5,000 american servicemen and women killed and multiple tens of thousands injured? and how many Iraqis?

Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 and shouldn't even be discussed in any serious discussion in relation to 9/11 and OBL

I am not going to attend his trial anyway . I don't care how he dies or when. He needed captured like that piece of shit Bush promised.

Well it's not as easy to do as it is easy to promose to do.

Forum List

Back