The Worlds Slacker Fair

The term 420 is said to come from a high school that let out at 420. The minor students would gather to smoke dope. This celebration of children getting high on a daily basis may not be the reason. Likely the reason for the term 420 comes from nazi motorcycle gangs that sold drugs to pay for white supremacist activities and would wish themselves and their customers a happy 420. The date of 4/20 was marked with drug fueled parties just like the one in Denver.

The term 420 is said to come from a high school that let out at 420. The minor students would gather to smoke dope. This celebration of children getting high on a daily basis may not be the reason. Likely the reason for the term 420 comes from nazi motorcycle gangs that sold drugs to pay for white supremacist activities and would wish themselves and their customers a happy 420. The date of 4/20 was marked with drug fueled parties just like the one in Denver.

^THAT..... is so unbelievably stupid :rolleyes:

^THAT..... is so unbelievably stupid :rolleyes:

Of course. "Pot smokers are Hitler". Shoulda seen that coming.

Too bad for the world that Hitler wasn't a toker... woulda been a lot more peaceful.

I don't smoke, neither cigarettes or pot, I don't think inhaling smoke into my lungs can be helpful. As far as ingesting pot in other ways...the smell is terrible, just not me idea of a good time, seems pointless.

My employment will never allow any worker to smoke pot. We have random drug testing and legal or not, it will not vibe allowed.

Yanno - if we all flatly refused to put up with that kind of shit, it would have no choice but to go away. Enabling starts with "me".
I won't even patronize businesses that crow at the door that they random drug test their people. And I let 'em know. I don't seem to see those signs much any more though.

Last edited:
It looks like they're having fun to me and no one is getting hurt. Whats wrong with that?

Some among us just can't rest until they can use gummint to control everybody else's lives.... :rolleyes:

No one in this thread has asked for a government law to stop its use. I have no problem with its legality. Unhealthy snack foods and Taco Bell will flourish! They are going to tax the hell out of it, good for the states.

Sorry, that's another myth.

So right out of the gate, it looks like Colorado isn't going to enforce the portion of the law that states you cannot smoke pot outdoors in a public place.

It looks like they're having fun to me and no one is getting hurt. Whats wrong with that?

Some among us just can't rest until they can use gummint to control everybody else's lives.... :rolleyes:

Excuse me for being disgusted knowing as pot is eventually legalized everywhere, that our kids will now be exposed to it more than ever, and the use will skyrocket as more and more of it's available.
Goddamn loser drug addicts.

Excuse me for being disgusted knowing as pot is eventually legalized everywhere, that our kids will now be exposed to it more than ever, and the use will skyrocket as more and more of it's available.

Are you equally as disgusted at alcohol being legal and appearing on commercials as something all the cool guys and girls drink?

There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

Last edited:

Take this post and make one simple substitution:

"Excuse me for being disgusted knowing as guns are eventually legalized everywhere, that our kids will now be exposed to them more than ever, and their use will skyrocket as more and more of them are available.
Goddamn loser gun addicts."

Let me know if you can stand behind that as well and if you still feel the same about controlling what other people do with their lives.

Are you equally as disgusted at alcohol being legal and appearing on commercials as something all the cool guys and girls drink?

God this argument is getting old, and stupid.

Let's send the Andrea Doria to rescue the survivors of the Titanic. :cuckoo:

I don't drink, I would give damn near anything if I could make alcohol not exist, but years before I was born prohibition ended, and it's always going to be here.
But, I guarantee you if it was illegal it would not be as available, and it would be used less than it is today.
The same will happen with pot, once it becomes legal in all or most states, use will go up because of the availability, and our kids will use it even more.
Eventually then, we'll have TWO mainline drugs, alcohol and pot, and society will have more intoxicated drivers, more stoned out people, less productivity, more addiction, the list goes on.
I'll blame our forefathers for giving us alcohol use, but I'm blaming the millenials for giving us the legalization of another drug.

There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

"Excuse me for being disgusted knowing as guns are eventually legalized everywhere, that our kids will now be exposed to them more than ever, and their use will skyrocket as more and more of them are available.

Let me know if you can stand behind that as well and if you still feel the same about controlling what other people do with their lives.

Guns have been legal everywhere since the country was founded.

And again, instead of using the tired argument, that since we have problem "A" we might as well open the floodgates, how about we think about keeping a lid on pot, since except for Washington and Colorado, we already have the laws in place ?

I don't drink, I would give damn near anything if I could make alcohol not exist, but years before I was born prohibition ended, and it's always going to be here.
But, I guarantee you if it was illegal it would not be as available, and it would be used less than it is today.
The same will happen with pot, once it becomes legal in all or most states, use will go up because of the availability, and our kids will use it even more.
Eventually then, we'll have TWO mainline drugs, alcohol and pot, and society will have more intoxicated drivers, more stoned out people, less productivity, more addiction, the list goes on.
I'll blame our forefathers for giving us alcohol use, but I'm blaming the millenials for giving us the legalization of another drug.

It isn't a drug, it's a part of nature that humans have been using for seven thousand years, but ... whatever, your post ignores the truism that making something illegal always makes it more desirable. People who previously didn't care now have their curiosity stirred. They want to know what it is about this thing that makes it dangerous, what's the attraction?

Then once they find out (in this case) that their own government has been feeding them bullshit about the whole thing, they're not going to trust the logic of anything else that authority bans. As a result you arguably get more use of, and problems with, say, heroin -- than you would have had without the dishonest basis. "If A is illegal and that was bullshit, then let me check out B, C and D that are illegal too -- presumably that's bullshit too, after all it's the same source illegalizing it".

Somebody named Anslinger didn't think this through. Had he not demonized and criminalized what would be otherwise an obscure practice based on sensationalist racism, cannabis would today be barely on the radar of public knowledge -- and certainly not romanticized. That's what denial by authority does: makes it attractive.

Imagine a property with a high opaque fence around it. Nobody pays it any particular attention, they just walk by. Now poke a hole in the fence and paint "Do not look here" by the hole. Watch what happens.

Last edited:

And again, instead of using the tired argument, that since we have problem "A" we might as well open the floodgates, how about we think about keeping a lid on pot, since except for Washington and Colorado, we already have the laws in place ?

Way to sidestep the question without addressing it.

Do you support the revised statement, or not? It's kind of a yes/no thing.

1922202_740177326004135_577541458_n.jpg

It isn't a drug, it's a part of nature that humans have been using for seven thousand years, but ... whatever, your post ignores the truism that making something illegal always makes it more desirable. People who previously didn't care now have their curiosity stirred. They want to know what it is about this thing that makes it dangerous, what's the attraction?

Then once they find out (in this case) that their own government has been feeding them bullshit about the whole thing, they're not going to trust the logic of anything else that authority bans. As a result you arguably get more use of, and problems with, say, heroin -- than you would have had without the dishonest basis. "If A is illegal and that was bullshit, then let me check out B, C and D that are illegal too -- presumably that's bullshit too, after all it's the same source illegalizing it".

Somebody named Anslinger didn't think this through. Had he not demonized and criminalized what would be otherwise an obscure practice based on sensationalist racism, cannabis would today be barely on the radar of public knowledge -- and certainly not romanticized. That's what denial by authority does: makes it attractive.

Imagine a property with a high opaque fence around it. Nobody pays it any particular attention, they just walk by. Now poke a hole in the fence and paint "Do not look here" by the hole. Watch what happens.

It is a drug, and as it becomes legal everywhere, use will increase due to the availability. It's simply illogical to think otherwise.

Way to sidestep the question without addressing it.

Do you support the revised statement, or not? It's kind of a yes/no thing.

Strawman argument, I'm not taking your bait.

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

The "dawn of legalization"!?! :ack-1:
[Cue dramatic crescendo theme music...]
Heavy gravitas V/O: "In a world where one of Nature's plants used for seven thousand years was made illegal............ in nineteen thirty-seven!" :eek:

".... Watch what happens when an innocent populace is reverted to the morals of... nineteen thirty six!! [heavy stinger]

snore.gif

Still waiting for a response to 50....

Forum List

Back