The Worlds Slacker Fair

Yanno - if we all flatly refused to put up with that kind of shit, it would have no choice but to go away. Enabling starts with "me".
I won't even patronize businesses that crow at the door that they random drug test their people. And I let 'em know. I don't seem to see those signs much any more though.

You would have no job, the drug testing is a federal regulation.

Also, you would need to not ride on anything under DOT regulations because they are the ones mandating the testing. So, any store that gets supplies by truck you will not patronize, correct?

No public or private, bus, rail, or air. Are you going to live by it?

Sent from my iPad using an Android.

Bullshit.

I have plenty of work, and the few times I have been asked to sign a contract agreeing to drug testing I have flatly refused. And it was a company policy, nothing to do with a CFR. And guess what -- the job simply went on. The boss said he understood and agreed.

Jobs need people to do them, or they just flat don't get done. If people would just grow a pair and refuse to play along, the game would end. Stop bending over for the government and stand up for yourself instead of hiding behind fear. Just say no to bodily fluid confiscation.

"When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I was not a pot smoker..."

Well, when they came for the pot smokers I didn't say anything either, because I was too busy rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew.

Then they came for the Communists and I did not speak out because I was not a Communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists and I did not speak out because I was not a trade unionist.

Then they came for the potheads, and I did not speak out because I was rolling on the
floor laughing my ass off

Also, you would need to not ride on anything under DOT regulations because they are the ones mandating the testing. So, any store that gets supplies by truck you will not patronize, correct?

Bullshit.

I have plenty of work, and the few times I have been asked to sign a contract agreeing to drug testing I have flatly refused. And it was a company policy, nothing to do with a CFR. And guess what -- the job simply went on. The boss said he understood and agreed.

Jobs need people to do them, or they just flat don't get done. If people would just grow a pair and refuse to play along, the game would end. Stop bending over for the government and stand up for yourself instead of hiding behind fear. Just say no to bodily fluid confiscation.

"When they came for the pot smokers I said nothing because I was not a pot smoker..."

Well, when they came for the pot smokers I didn't say anything either, because I was too busy rolling on the floor laughing my ass off.

Well, we'll be taking you to jail then, because that's what potheads do. :eusa_snooty:

What's the difference between a pothead and a municipal bond?

Eventually the bond will mature and make money.

The term 420 is said to come from a high school that let out at 420. The minor students would gather to smoke dope. This celebration of children getting high on a daily basis may not be the reason. Likely the reason for the term 420 comes from nazi motorcycle gangs that sold drugs to pay for white supremacist activities and would wish themselves and their customers a happy 420. The date of 4/20 was marked with drug fueled parties just like the one in Denver.

^THAT..... is so unbelievably stupid :rolleyes:

Katz is batshit insane.

I don't smoke, neither cigarettes or pot, I don't think inhaling smoke into my lungs can be helpful. As far as ingesting pot in other ways...the smell is terrible, just not me idea of a good time, seems pointless.

My employment will never allow any worker to smoke pot. We have random drug testing and legal or not, it will not vibe allowed.

Yanno - if we all flatly refused to put up with that kind of shit, it would have no choice but to go away. Enabling starts with "me".
I won't even patronize businesses that crow at the door that they random drug test their people. And I let 'em know. I don't seem to see those signs much any more though.

Then do not ever ship anything at all. ALL truck drivers are drug tested. (It's legally required.)

The term 420 is said to come from a high school that let out at 420. The minor students would gather to smoke dope. This celebration of children getting high on a daily basis may not be the reason. Likely the reason for the term 420 comes from nazi motorcycle gangs that sold drugs to pay for white supremacist activities and would wish themselves and their customers a happy 420. The date of 4/20 was marked with drug fueled parties just like the one in Denver.

^THAT..... is so unbelievably stupid :rolleyes:

Katz is batshit insane.

The minute a liberal launches a personal attack I know I've won.

Bullshit.

Talk to DOT, they say you can refuse a test, and then they suspend your CDL, it is a government thing, take it up with them. But if you are going to protest like you claim you do, you can't buy anything shipped in by truck, train, airplane, or boat. Federal laws prohibit the operating of commercial vehicles without compliance to drug and alcohol testing. So, go on boycott all those forms of transporting and transportation of goods, they are all subject to the DOT, which is gotten stricter under Obama.

Good luck!

Here is the DOT on medical marijuana. http://www.dot.gov/odapc/medical-marijuana-notice

Start boycotting all goods, I'm sure it will make a huge dent!

Last edited:
We'll see. I have issues with the intelligence of people that inhale smoke into their lungs and think it can't hurt them.

Breathing air can hurt you. You cant live in a glass bubble because of it. People have probably smoked since shortly after fire was discovered. They been smoking rat poison since the cigarette industry. We still have an overpopulation problem.

Absolutely -- anyone living near a city inhales far more smoke than a pot smoker does. Or simply being Chinese :lol:

Anyway none of that was the point; I was saying it's a myth that cannabis makes you hungry. More correctly it gives you an over-focus on whatever you're focused on. If you happen to focus on food, the Doritos are prolly doomed. If you happen to focus on something else -- no chips.

Dumb shits can smoke all they want, I have no problem with people being stupid.

There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

Pot has been legal in the Netherlands for a couple of decades or more now. They have few societal problems, and, in fact, their prisons are nearly empty. Go there. It is a quiet, sane, peaceful, safe, content country.

There are real things to get upset about, real wrongs to want to right, serious problems to try to fix....letting people have a pot smoking celebration day is none of those things. Worrying that people smoking pot is the downfall of our nation is ludicrous.

We have real work to do to fix serious problems in our society, for instance, the problem we have with insane people having high powered weapons and killing school children, university students, shoppers, movie goers or people on military bases. That's a real problem. How about diverting our attention to the death of innocents instead of worrying about a few hundred potheads having a day out?

It's not the gathering of a thousand or so slackers. It's what it represents, the dawn of legalization, and the inevitable skyrocketing use of another drug, that will bring more problems for our society.

Pot has been legal in the Netherlands for a couple of decades or more now. They have few societal problems, and, in fact, their prisons are nearly empty. Go there. It is a quiet, sane, peaceful, safe, content country.

I'm quite aware of the Netherlands tolerance of drugs, surrounding countries get to deal with the drug traffic problems that the Netherlands create.

Drugs For Europe Often Enter Via the Netherlands

The Netherlands is currently one of the central drug distribution points for Europe. In 2007, 2,855 kilograms of illicit amphetamines were seized. Heroin routes are often traced through Turkey and Romania to the Netherlands, from whence the drug is distributed to the U.K., France, Germany and Spain.

The country has long been a source of Ecstasy (MDMA) for the whole world although in the last few years, Canada and Asia have also begun to produce the drug. In 2007, 27 percent of the world's total Ecstasy seizures happened in the Netherlands, totaling 2,162 kilograms of the drug.

Also drug addiction problems have been on the rise for years.

While Cannabis Use is Stable, Addiction Treatment Demand Rises

Surveys on household use of cannabis showed that between 2001 and 2005, use did not increase. What did increase was requests for substance abuse treatment due to addiction to cannabis. The number of people seeking help who listed cannabis as the primary problem increased more than 75 percent between 2000 and 2005. This trend may trace back to the increase in potency of the domestically-produced drug.

The primary drugs abused by the Dutch are opiates, cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines and Ecstasy, in descending order of frequency. One survey estimated that more than 30,000 15 and 16-year-olds consume heroin each year. There are an estimated 50,000 opiate users of any age in the country.

Narconon Comes to the Netherlands

Narconon has established itself as a successful drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in more than forty countries around the world. For the last 27 years, the Narconon residential treatment center in Zutphen has been saving lives from opiate, cocaine, amphetamine and marijuana addiction. Through drug education lectures and a thorough substance abuse treatment protocol, Narconon staff work to eliminate addiction throughout the Netherlands.

Drug Treatment Center | Zutphen Netherlands

Interesting perception you have of the Netherlands.

Interesting perception you have of the Netherlands.

What's your perception? How many times have you been there? How many people have you known who live there? I have been there a couple of times, and I've known quite well quite a few people who come from there. It is a clean, sane, nearly crime free nation. You think it's messed up? Prove it.

"Netherlands Closes Eight Prisons Due to Lack of Criminals."

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...sons-close--lack-of-criminals-_n_3503721.html

"The perception of safety in the Netherlands is the 4th highest in the world. "http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/profiles/Netherlands/Crime

Education? Netherlands ranks 2, world wide in math. (The US is 25) In reading, they rank 7. (The US is 12) In science, they rank 5 (the US is 20). http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0923110.html

Health? Life expectancy in the Netherlands is 81.5. In the US it is 79.8.

Last edited:

I'm quite aware of the Netherlands tolerance of drugs, surrounding countries get to deal with the drug traffic problems that the Netherlands create.

The Netherlands is currently one of the central drug distribution points for Europe. In 2007, 2,855 kilograms of illicit amphetamines were seized. Heroin routes are often traced through Turkey and Romania to the Netherlands, from whence the drug is distributed to the U.K., France, Germany and Spain.

The country has long been a source of Ecstasy (MDMA) for the whole world although in the last few years, Canada and Asia have also begun to produce the drug. In 2007, 27 percent of the world's total Ecstasy seizures happened in the Netherlands, totaling 2,162 kilograms of the drug.

Surveys on household use of cannabis showed that between 2001 and 2005, use did not increase. What did increase was requests for substance abuse treatment due to addiction to cannabis. The number of people seeking help who listed cannabis as the primary problem increased more than 75 percent between 2000 and 2005. This trend may trace back to the increase in potency of the domestically-produced drug.

The primary drugs abused by the Dutch are opiates, cocaine, cannabis, amphetamines and Ecstasy, in descending order of frequency. One survey estimated that more than 30,000 15 and 16-year-olds consume heroin each year. There are an estimated 50,000 opiate users of any age in the country.

Narconon has established itself as a successful drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in more than forty countries around the world. For the last 27 years, the Narconon residential treatment center in Zutphen has been saving lives from opiate, cocaine, amphetamine and marijuana addiction. Through drug education lectures and a thorough substance abuse treatment protocol, Narconon staff work to eliminate addiction throughout the Netherlands.

"Get the Facts: Netherlands Compared With The United States
Prevalence of substance use in The Netherlands
Usage in The Netherlands by substance and frequency of use"

Netherlands Compared With The United States | Drug War Facts

According to statistics, use of pot, addiction to heroin, prison population: all much lower percentage-wise than in the US.

Last edited:

Amsterdam is not the entirety of the Netherlands.

Drug policy of the Netherlands.

The drug policy of the Netherlands officially has four major objectives:
1.To prevent recreational drug use and to treat and rehabilitate recreational drug users.
2.To reduce harm to users.
3.To diminish public nuisance by drug users (the disturbance of public order and safety in the neighborhood).
4.To combat the production and trafficking of recreational drugs.[1]
Drug policy of the Netherlands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Amsterdam has approved more casual use of narcotics including marijuana. It has also cracked down in recent years closing many of the pot shops.

Forum List

Back