The Woke Sports Media attempts to take a massive L silently: NBA All Star Edition

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
In case you didn’t know, It’s NBA All Star weekend.

Now, to most that doesn’t matter, many former fans won’t come back to watch it, and even the dwindling current fans don’t click it on in high numbers due to the lack of intensity and effort put forth by the players.

However, it’s important to note the NBA’s massive edict about Trans Rights they gave from on-high in 2017. They moved the All Star game out of Charlotte, NC due to the North Carolina state legislature passing a bathroom bill, saying that people should go in the bathroom on their birth certificate.

Shocking stuff I know..

So now here we are in 2023, 6 years later. Where is the NBA All-Star game? Salt Lake City, Utah.

What kind of laws were recently passed in Utah’s state legislature in regards to Trans Rights?

1. In high school sports, you have to play in the gender that’s on your birth certificate.
2. No one under 18 is allowed to be prescribed puberty blockers or partake in gender reassignment surgeries.

Did the NBA take the all star game out of Utah? Nope. Did they speak out against the bills? Nope. Did ESPN spend segments condemning Utah in the name of supporting Trans ideas? Nope.

The NBA is silent. ESPN is silent. I think They can see the writing on the wall. Both institutions have taken massive decreases in their viewership as they have increasingly been more vocal politically and been activists for work causes.

I think the NBA tried to help social engineer a new norm (we’ll boycott any state that doesn’t install woke demands).. and it didn’t work, hurt their product, and divided. Now, they’re in Utah, with their tail tucked between their legs.

I hope North Carolina doesn’t forget what the NBA did in 2017, and it’s important to note where the woke attacks on society fail completely. This is yet another example.

So now here we are in 2023, 6 years later. Where is the NBA All-Star game? Salt Lake City, Utah.
You haven't been to Salt Lake City recently, have you?

009-salt-lake-pride-dav.jpg

In case you didn’t know, It’s NBA All Star weekend.

Now, to most that doesn’t matter, many former fans won’t come back to watch it, and even the dwindling current fans don’t click it on in high numbers due to the lack of intensity and effort put forth by the players.

However, it’s important to note the NBA’s massive edict about Trans Rights they gave from on-high in 2017. They moved the All Star game out of Charlotte, NC due to the North Carolina state legislature passing a bathroom bill, saying that people should go in the bathroom on their birth certificate.

Shocking stuff I know..

What kind of laws were recently passed in Utah’s state legislature in regards to Trans Rights?

1. In high school sports, you have to play in the gender that’s on your birth certificate.
2. No one under 18 is allowed to be prescribed puberty blockers or partake in gender reassignment surgeries.

Did the NBA take the all star game out of Utah? Nope. Did they speak out against the bills? Nope. Did ESPN spend segments condemning Utah in the name of supporting Trans ideas? Nope.

The NBA is silent. ESPN is silent. I think They can see the writing on the wall. Both institutions have taken massive decreases in their viewership as they have increasingly been more vocal politically and been activists for work causes.

I think the NBA tried to help social engineer a new norm (we’ll boycott any state that doesn’t install woke demands).. and it didn’t work, hurt their product, and divided. Now, they’re in Utah, with their tail tucked between their legs.

I hope North Carolina doesn’t forget what the NBA did in 2017, and it’s important to note where the woke attacks on society fail completely. This is yet another example.
Cause..black people...they be threats..sigh....DIAF.

Salt Lake City is the 7th gayest city. OUT magazine voted them a number one gaycation place.

The law is to protect kids from trans surgery and hormones. When they are 18 they can make that legal decision.

Basketball just needs to play basketball.

Salt Lake City is the 7th gayest city. OUT magazine voted them a number one gaycation place.

The law is to protect kids from trans surgery and hormones. When they are 18 they can make that legal decision.

Basketball just needs to play basketball.
1. these are Utah state laws.. Salt Lake City just happens to be in utah.
2. If Salt Lake City is the “7th gayest city”, what does that have to do with trans rights?

I can just see it now. Brigham Young looking down at the valley in 1847 saying "someday this will be the seventh gayest city in America."

So what should the NBA have done that they didn't do that would make you happy?
I’m actually the happy one here. I’m watching the NBA and Woke sports media admit, in real time, that they should just be a sports league and stop trying to social engineer and promote unpopular, radical woke causes.

You’re the one who seems to be dissatisfied with this severe shift.

I’m actually the happy one here. I’m watching the NBA and Woke sports media admit, in real time, that they should just be a sports league and stop trying to social engineer and promote unpopular, radical woke causes.

You’re the one who seems to be dissatisfied with this severe shift.
Thanks for the chuckle... If it didn't piss you off (whatever it is--nobody knows what your point on this thread was), you wouldn't be posting about it.

Forum List

Back