The "Who Posted" list - glitch

"Eureka -- sort of"...

Through more experimentation I just found I can sometimes get the search to work if I right-click and open it in a new tab. Sometimes it takes me instead to the poster's profile, and other times it actually opens the search. First time I've ever seen it function at all.

Just experimentation, didn't clean any caches or change any browsers.

Now ----- what does that tell us about the error?

RD can you try that in Safari and see if it works?

When we open our CP there's the list of threads we subscribed to, and on the right, the number of replies posted in it.

Clicking on that number opens a box that lists who posted in the thread and how many times. Which is cool. So far so good.

Clicking on any poster's number in that box commences a search that's supposed to list that poster's posts. At least I assume that's what it's supposed to do -- it has never worked in my experience. Not once ever.

What I get is the old "this forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches". That's actually the only indication that a search is the intended function. But it doesn't work, even if the number value is 1.

I've noticed this for months and hoped it would sort itself out but it hasn't.

Can this be fixed? :eusa_pray:
Hi! I too am experiencing the same thing with the wait 30 seconds between searches glitch! I wonder what's up with that?

"Eureka -- sort of"...

Through more experimentation I just found I can sometimes get the search to work if I right-click and open it in a new tab. Sometimes it takes me instead to the poster's profile, and other times it actually opens the search. First time I've ever seen it function at all.

Just experimentation, didn't clean any caches or change any browsers.

Now ----- what does that tell us about the error?

RD can you try that in Safari and see if it works?

I'm on Ipad, it always opens a new window. It just never works on Safari, I did try again

Guess what -- it's working now. What changed on my end? Well, Opera stopped loading the site altogether so I went to Firefox, and now it operates as it should (in the same window). Chrome and Safari didn't seem to work either but Firefox does.

If that is indeed the difference... :dunno:

Forum List

Back