The "Who Posted" list - glitch

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
When we open our CP there's the list of threads we subscribed to, and on the right, the number of replies posted in it.

Clicking on that number opens a box that lists who posted in the thread and how many times. Which is cool. So far so good.

Clicking on any poster's number in that box commences a search that's supposed to list that poster's posts. At least I assume that's what it's supposed to do -- it has never worked in my experience. Not once ever.

What I get is the old "this forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches". That's actually the only indication that a search is the intended function. But it doesn't work, even if the number value is 1.

I've noticed this for months and hoped it would sort itself out but it hasn't.

Can this be fixed? :eusa_pray:

When we open our CP there's the list of threads we subscribed to, and on the right, the number of replies posted in it.

Clicking on that number opens a box that lists who posted in the thread and how many times. Which is cool. So far so good.

Clicking on any poster's number in that box commences a search that's supposed to list that poster's posts. At least I assume that's what it's supposed to do -- it has never worked in my experience. Not once ever.

What I get is the old "this forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between searches". That's actually the only indication that a search is the intended function. But it doesn't work, even if the number value is 1.

I've noticed this for months and hoped it would sort itself out but it hasn't.

Can this be fixed? :eusa_pray:
Never noticed the feature, but just tried it and i works well for Me.

This is what I get, ran it just now. It should have returned search results on Wolfsister's two posts.
This is the same thing I've seen literally every single time I've tried this since I found this feature sometime last year. Using Opera now but formerly was using Chrome, got the same thing, both before and after installing AdBlock, both before and after washing out the cache.

Why would it be only me? Far as I know the rest of the site features work.

Attachments

• $Hooposted.jpg
    $Hooposted.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 77
Looking at my own screenshot I noticed a little drop down on the lower left that says "US v2". Never saw that before but I tried v1 (weird scene, man).

It gives the same result: "you must wait 30 seconds"...

I'm not sure why you are getting that and the rest of us are not. The only possible thing I can think of is clear your cookies/cache and see if that helps. Sometimes that helps when the 30 seconds needed screen comes up for searches.

Otherwise, :dunno:

I'm not sure why you are getting that and the rest of us are not. The only possible thing I can think of is clear your cookies/cache and see if that helps. Sometimes that helps when the 30 seconds needed screen comes up for searches.

Otherwise, :dunno:

Yeah I dunno. I can do a manual search and it works just fine. It's only the Who Pooted box that does this.

Typo intentional :D

This is what I get, ran it just now. It should have returned search results on Wolfsister's two posts.
This is the same thing I've seen literally every single time I've tried this since I found this feature sometime last year. Using Opera now but formerly was using Chrome, got the same thing, both before and after installing AdBlock, both before and after washing out the cache.

Did you ever consider waiting 30 seconds and trying again, or is following simple instructions beyond your ability?

Did you ever consider waiting 30 seconds and trying again, or is following simple instructions beyond your ability?

By definition I waited infinity before even doing it in the first place. There is no reference point from which to count 30 seconds. And that doesn't in any way answer what's happening anyway.

Did you ever consider not following me around and just shutting the fuck up, or is that beyond your immaturity level?

By definition I waited infinity before even doing it in the first place. There is no reference point from which to count 30 seconds. And that doesn't in any way answer what's happening anyway.

Did you ever consider not following me around and just shutting the fuck up, or is that beyond your immaturity level?

If you had waited to infinity we wouldn't be reading about your inability to get past the 30 second screen, would we? The reference point for that screen is from your last search. If we take you OP as a reference, that would be when you click on number next to the thread.

By the way, it works from the New Posts search also, as long as you give it 30 seconds.

I have never used the "New Posts" button, but I just tried it, and no it doesn't work. Same results. It's the same operation.

Forum List

Back