The White House Has Done Just About All It Can on Gun Violence

Spoonman

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2010
on their completed to do list - develop a list. lol, yea that should help stop gun violence

The White House Has Done Just About All It Can on Gun Violence - Philip Bump - The Atlantic Wire

Vice President Joe Biden gave a speech this afternoon celebrating the administration's push for new restrictions on gun ownership. Which is a little like an athlete stopping mid-race to say that he already considered himself a winner. While in sixth place.

To be fair, the administration has done perhaps as much as it can to make progress on an issue that the Senate couldn't complete and the House never started. That was the real goal of Biden's speech — to point out that the president's January announcement of 23 executive actions on gun violence had almost completely gone into effect. (As the Washington Post noted, the venue for the speech was the same one where the list was announced.) Completed on that to-do list — developed by a task force Biden led — were some concrete measures, like publishing data on lost guns and allowing research on gun violence. Others were more aspirational: improving incentives, encouraging dealers, supporting development of gun safety technology. The two still-incomplete items: finalizing rules around insuring mental health coverage in group health plans and confirming a new director to run the ATF.

The WH has done nothing but blow hot air. Why they are beating this is beyond me. Gun control is a loser. I'ts a proven loser.

The WH has done nothing but blow hot air. Why they are beating this is beyond me. Gun control is a loser. I'ts a proven loser.

i have to laugh at all the liberal huffing and puffing on this issues and they didn't even blow the straw house down. but of course their worshiped leader is claiming victory and a job well done.

Anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Thinking people will always regognize this and reject these arguments.
This is why The Obama, et al, failed to capitalize on the blood of the children from the Newtown shooting.

"Next time..." they say to themselves.

Anti-gun loons can only argue from emotion, ignorance and/or dishonesty.
Thinking people will always regognize this and reject these arguments.
This is why The Obama, et al, failed to capitalize on the blood of the children from the Newtown shooting.

"Next time..." they say to themselves.

seriously, it was just like the economic stumulus package. they had a crisis and they dumped every agenda topic into their solution. it was never about the economy it was about getting their projects back into the mix after 8 years of being shut out. same with gun control. it was never about improving safety or addressing the real issues. it was always about their gun ban agenda. only unlike the period of the stimulus package, today they did not have a supermajority. but imagine if they did. our rights would have vanished in a heart beat. that is why we always have to remember to never again give them that majority

Ever wonder what this administration and those on the left hand side of the Isle would say if after they receive all they want gun violence continued to increase? Oh my must be Bush again:)

Forum List

Back