FDA the biggest waste of taxpayer money.

jsauerland

Rookie
Jun 18, 2013
I need to shed some light on the FDA.

The Food and Drug Administration is practically THE most useless thing the government invests in, due to its constant failure to do anything for the citizens of the United States.

Listing some of the most numerous things it neglects to do: It neglects to protect American people from harmful food production. Almost all of the foods today in America use High Fructose Corn Syrup, Monosodium Glutamate, and other chemicals proven in lab tests to be harmful to the lives of human beings. But the FDA simply looks the other way, and doesn’t care. Why? Because they fail at the job they have, which is administering food and drugs. Monosodium glutamate is proven to cause people eating it to never feel “full.” Literally, it stimulates your brain and tricks it into thinking you’re still hungry, even if your stomach is full. It should be a crime to add this into food, primarily because simply by them adding it, they’re conducting mind control. If you eat food with it, you’re going to be FORCED to keep eating, as you’ll constantly get a sensation you’re hungry. With obesity so high in America, the food companies that put monosodium glutamate in its food are to blame, along with the FDA for constantly failing to do a damn thing about it.

America is one of the ONLY countries that allows GMOs (Genetically Modified Foods), and despite complaints to the FDA, they refused to require GMO's to be required to be labelled.

source: I can't included the source due to less than 15 posts, so my apologies. Please google it, it's widely available.

Shown here, America is one of the ONLY industrialized nations that fails to require GMO's be labelled. "In Europe all products containing more than .9 percent GMO are labeled as such. But in the US, there is no such standard. We would like to believe that our foods come from nature, but that's far from the case. Currently, 30 other countries have significant restrictions placed on GMOs."

The gist of all this is that while cancer is on the rise, obesity is higher than the Empire State Building, the FDA still refuses to do anything about it. I think it would be more beneficial, quite honestly, to make an article on what the FDA even does (truthfully with factual evidence.)

So you want us to become like China or central America? No standards on food or medicine.

Think about things....It's ok to want less red tape but let's consider.

Why should GMO's be labeled? They're no harmful to humans. A gmo just allows us to produce more food to feed our society.

Last edited:
FDA isn't the problem its the money and influence of Corporations and Govt. They have a revolving door. Until people realize that money influences people this will only get worst as more and more money is funneled into govt

FDA isn't the problem its the money and influence of Corporations and Govt. They have a revolving door. Until people realize that money influences people this will only get worst as more and more money is funneled into govt

You have a point...The problem is that the corporation is the 1# means of innovation and production within our society. They make us a first world country in many ways...On the other hand they don't give a damn about our health as they care about profit. 2# The fda plays a good roll within our society but they're controlled by the pressure of the corporations.

How about a balance that allows for the corporations to do what it does best and the fda to clean things up??? That would make more sense.

So you want us to become like China or central America? No standards on food or medicine.

Why should GMO's be labeled? They're no harmful to humans. A gmo just allows us to produce more food to feed our society.

You're kidding me right...? GMO's are genetically modified and have been proved to be very harmful to human health.....

And did I say that I want to become China? It needs a rehaul, clearly. It's designed to protect and help the American people, and it doesn't do that at the moment. They would ban MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and other harmful chemicals from being used to produce food if they really cared. The reason cancer is so prominent in today's society is due to all of the different unnecessary harmful chemicals used in foods.

Last edited:

Don't you want to know what you eat? GMO's have been shown to cause issues too

Don't you want to know what you eat? GMO's have been shown to cause issues too

Sure, I also want more test done. On the other hand if any of these are found to be safe then I'm not against using them.

You're kidding me right...? GMO's are genetically modified and have been proved to be very harmful to human health.....

And did I say that I want to become China? It needs a rehaul, clearly. It's designed to protect and help the American people, and it doesn't do that at the moment. They would ban MSG, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and other harmful chemicals from being used to produce food if they really cared. The reason cancer is so prominent in today's society is due to all of the different unnecessary harmful chemicals used in foods.

1. Yes they need a rehaul as you say. Maybe to turn them into a organizion that cares more about health then listening to the corporation.
2. More research and we may ban some of those.

I think most of us want some sort of standards, however we don't want folks who have a direct or indirect stake in the companies that they will be regulating setting those standards (ie the FDA). Not sure why Obama had to appoint a former Monsanto exec to a top FDA spot, seems like a blatant conflict of interests to me.

Also, there have been many studies linking GMO's to cancer:
Study linking GM maize to cancer must be taken seriously by regulators | John Vidal | Environment | guardian.co.uk

I say label the crap out of all foods and let the people have all the available information they could want when making food purchases. Might hurt the companies that use GMOs, but certainly won't hurt the consumers..

Forum List

Back