The "whisper in my baby grand daughter's ear--I am sorry!

I guess I have hit a hurtful spot. When are the rest of you going to appolize for the generational theft that is upon us?

When do WE take reponsibility? Our forefathers had the courage to do so. What are we, a bunch of cowards?

I guess no one wants to answer if we are cowards or not?

Let's be fair...you asked the original question at 1:48 AM.

LOL - funny thread. Are we really leaving bills unpaid? Did FDR? Did Reagan? Yes. Did Bush Jr.? Yes. It would seem those who spend are the culprits here and those who tax are not.

"An unequal society cannot help but be an unjust society. The most important item that parents in any society try to buy is a head start for their children. And the wealthier they are, the bigger the head start. Societies that promise equality of opportunity thus cannot afford to allow inequality of outcomes to become too great."

Inequality on the March by J. Bradford DeLong
Project Syndicate

To whom do we owe all this money, Oreo?

Where did they get it?

Has it ever occurred to you that our society is the most productive in the world, yet we're all broke?

Doesn't that make you wonder how that happens?

Until you understand that all this debt is a symptom of the rip off of the system, the one that I think you believe is fair, you will never understand why WE are not responsible for this mess.

Did you whisper...I'm sorry I sucked Bush's dick?

How was oreo to know you sucked Bush's dick.....???

For the record...your cock sucking should be kept private, just between you, the sucker...and your friends, the suckees......we really don't need to know....

Piss weak effort mister, piss fucking weak :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Not any weaker than Ravi's non sequitur you lefties still got in line to tee hee over.

What in the heck happened to our heritage? Our forefathers were pretty tough hombres. I believe that most of the people on this board are at least 1 to 3 generation of this country. They have forgotten from where they came from.

We as Americans can do anything. Right now, we need to get off ouf knees, & stand up. We are not cowards, either in bad economic times, or during a time of war.

The only thing that deters us is big Mama Federal government who is offering the legs.

The difference. Our forefathers never needed federal government legs they had their own.

When in the hell, we as Americans get so dammed lazy & irresponsible?

You are lamenting the past. We as Americans created a society that protects its weak, and they have disenfranchised us while we were out working.

What in the heck happened to our heritage? Our forefathers were pretty tough hombres. I believe that most of the people on this board are at least 1 to 3 generation of this country. They have forgotten from where they came from.

We as Americans can do anything. Right now, we need to get off ouf knees, & stand up. We are not cowards, either in bad economic times, or during a time of war.

The only thing that deters us is big Mama Federal government who is offering the legs,

The difference. Our forefathers never needed federal government legs they had their own.

When in the hell, we as Americans get so dammed lazy & irresponsible?

OK, the government did not pay for the Lewis and Clark expedition? The government did not pay for the $70,000,000 the Revolutionary war cost? The government did not fund the first trans-continental railroad? The BPA, or the First and Second World War? The Apollo Project?

Government is our way of doing together what we cannot do separately. And right now, none of us, individually, can prevent this economy from tanking even greater than it did in the last Great Republican Depression. Can the present government, and the people we elected to serve in it, succeed in preventing disaster? I don't know, we are pretty well done the slope and picking up speed.

But they are trying, not mouthing meanless platitudes about things totally irrelevant to the present situation.

No moron, the government didn't. WE, the taxpayers paid for that shit. The government did nothing but authorize the spending of OUR money.

Get a fucking clue, huh?

I caught myself holding my 5 month old grand daughter tonight whispering in her ear, that I am so sorry.

I am so sorry that this nation forgot where they came from. That they forgot what hard work & sacrifice was. That they forgot--that common sense was horse sense. That they forgot that no one gets a free lunch.

That they forgot that success should be rewarded & not punished. They forgot that no one should spend more more money than what they earn. That they should know not to borrow more than they can pay for.

The pioneers that crossed this great country at great peril remember the cost. They remember the sacrifice. It's too bad that their bloodline forgets.

Yet this generation has conveniently forgot where they came from, & my grand daughter will pay for this generations mistake her entire life.

So-- I whisper in her little ear- I am so sorry!

And some day when your beautiful Grandaughter is 20 or so she will tell you "its OK Poppy, I know you were scared and thought you were doing the right thing but history has shown that you were fooled by the corporate CEOs who pocketed the wealth for years while running the country into the ground. Now my genration has a great chance to make this country what it has always promised to be. The sound leadeship we have had for the last 20 years from the Democratic and Republican parties have produced a country that will remain the world leader for genreations to come. I'm so glad the republican party finnaly gave up on its crazy party first path and joined the march and commited to making our country great again instead of continuing to ignore science, history, humanity and the evil of people who would buy our government out from underneath us. Now we are a country of people who are wise enough to work with each other without allowing the propaganda from the uber wealthy to direct decsions. I know you still dont understand what happened and are a little angry your ideas all failed but I'm sure that deep down you are happy I am living in the greatest country in the world, I love you Poppy."

"On the above"? Which ones are "not Americans"?

Thank you.

You know as well as I do, that it is UN-American to reward failure. This is the first time in history where we punish success & reward failure.

I see. That is why Bush gave all those huge tax breaks to the very people that created the present economic debacle.

What you really mean is that you think it is Un-American to reward anyone but the already wealthy. You are against unions, against health care for children, against anything at all that would benefit the American Citizen.

I have a little document called a DD214 that says honorable. I have paid those dues. I have worked over 45 years, most of the time as an industrial millwright. Anything less than a 60 hour week was a vacation. But you would stereotype me as lazy and a parasite.

Guess what I think of you.

Guess what I think of YOU? Oh, I put it in my last post. Well, you probably didn't get it, so guess anyway.

You intellectual dishonestly is as brazen as your simple mindedness. Stating that it is wrong to take from the people who are doing the earning and redistributing it to those who aren't in no way, shape, nor form says a damned thing about rewarding the wealthy. That's just the backwards-assed way your thinking works.

Feeling a bit guilty because you think it's okay to steal from those who have that you need to post your resume? What you did or do is irrelevant. I don't work 60 hours a week anymore because one, I don't have to, and two, the wealthy you are so willing to rob have quit spending their investment capital for fear of people like you legislating it out of their bank accounts.

They aren't about to give up their lifestyles. They're going to give up the part the reinvests in our economy and keeps people working. It boggles the mind that people like you are too fucking stupid to do that simple math.

It's obvious that not too many "real" Americans exist on this board, but we sure have a lot of parisites.

We're ALL (minus the damned furriners that post here) "real" Americans. I happen to mostly agree with your ideals. At the same time, it is not unAmerican to hold different values. Stupid works.:lol: But unAmerican? No.

How exactly do you think you can define what is and is not "American"?

This nation was founded on the wealthy elitists refusing to pay taxes, and getting the poor to fight their war for them, then sugarcoated as some noble cause. Until recent times when the pantywaists who want to give everythign away got control, we followed a policy of "might makes right."

Is THAT American? IMO, idealistically, not any moreso than the have nots demanding to have a piece of what they haven't earned and getting it.

There's a happy medium. Problem is, those that believe in that happen medium are all too often silent, or too busy working to participate in telling both extremes to fuck off and putting them out of power.

I guess I have hit a hurtful spot. When are the rest of you going to appolize for the generational theft that is upon us?

When do WE take reponsibility? Our forefathers had the courage to do so. What are we, a bunch of cowards?

I guess no one wants to answer if we are cowards or not?

Why should anyone apologize? And WHO is a coward?

Here's some stark reality for you ... Bush payed out the first bailout. Obama followed with a bigger one. Get a clue ... obviously, regardless WHO is in office, or which party holds power, our politicians as a WHOLE believe spending our way out of debt is the way to go. Even though it never works. Never has, never will.

Do you honestly believe McCain would have done differently?

If you want to blame someone, blame yourself and each and every registered voter in this nation who has allowed two political parties to think for us without giving a damn what we think and allowing the media to select our candidates for us.

When you set about demanding an apology for THAT ... YOU go first.

CaféAuLait;1083613 said:
Wow this thought by a grandmother to a 5 month old brought out some pretty vicious words. Why? I saw nothing threatening or nasty-- just someone loving their grandbaby enough to hold her and love her and whisper that this world is messed up in many areas. And so many took offense? Strange.

What do you expect in response to an appeal to emotion? You get emotional responses.

This nation was founded on the wealthy elitists refusing to pay taxes, and getting the poor to fight their war for them, then sugarcoated as some noble cause.

No comment.

It just bears repeating.

Smedley was right, ya know.

A metaphor. A metaphor on a political forum that's noted for it's robustness has got some of you in a tizz? And you're blaming Obama for the mess that happened on BushCheney's watch? :lol:

No, Australia's version of Einstein, no names were called until one of YOUR ilk decided to go for the below the belt shot. Try rereading the original post. It blames a generation, not a person nor political party.

I'd say the people in a tizzy are the ones that overreacted with responding to an expressed concern with nothing but personal attacks and non sequitur arguments.

It's obvious that not too many "real" Americans exist on this board, but we sure have a lot of parisites.

I'm a real American. I was born here.
I still have not figured out what a real american is??????? DO they follow a check list or something??

A real American is anyone born here or anyone who has become a US citizen officially.

We come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and our belief systems have nothing whatever to do with our being real Americans.

The American citizens who hate me and everything I stand for (and vice versa) are not less and no more American than I am.

Forum List

Back