The "whisper in my baby grand daughter's ear--I am sorry!

What in the heck happened to our heritage? Our forefathers were pretty tough hombres. I believe that most of the people on this board are at least 1 to 3 generation of this country. They have forgotten from where they came from.

We as Americans can do anything. Right now, we need to get off ouf knees, & stand up. We are not cowards, either in bad economic times, or during a time of war.

The only thing that deters us is big Mama Federal government who is offering the legs,

The difference. Our forefathers never needed federal government legs they had their own.

When in the hell, we as Americans get so dammed lazy & irresponsible?

OK, the government did not pay for the Lewis and Clark expedition? The government did not pay for the $70,000,000 the Revolutionary war cost? The government did not fund the first trans-continental railroad? The BPA, or the First and Second World War? The Apollo Project?

Government is our way of doing together what we cannot do separately. And right now, none of us, individually, can prevent this economy from tanking even greater than it did in the last Great Republican Depression. Can the present government, and the people we elected to serve in it, succeed in preventing disaster? I don't know, we are pretty well done the slope and picking up speed.

But they are trying, not mouthing meanless platitudes about things totally irrelevant to the present situation.

Yeah--like that pig stink coming out of Iowa.

No comment on the above. Obviously, the one & only thing they care about is themselves. They in my opinon, are not Americans, as they are not willing to do the same as their forefathers did. They just want the hand-outs of others who do remember.

"On the above"? Which ones are "not Americans"?

Thank you.

You know as well as I do, that it is UN-American to reward failure. This is the first time in history where we punish success & reward failure.

I see. That is why Bush gave all those huge tax breaks to the very people that created the present economic debacle.

What you really mean is that you think it is Un-American to reward anyone but the already wealthy. You are against unions, against health care for children, against anything at all that would benefit the American Citizen.

I have a little document called a DD214 that says honorable. I have paid those dues. I have worked over 45 years, most of the time as an industrial millwright. Anything less than a 60 hour week was a vacation. But you would stereotype me as lazy and a parasite.

Guess what I think of you.

What in the heck happened to our heritage? Our forefathers were pretty tough hombres. I believe that most of the people on this board are at least 1 to 3 generation of this country. They have forgotten from where they came from.

We as Americans can do anything. Right now, we need to get off ouf knees, & stand up. We are not cowards, either in bad economic times, or during a time of war.

The only thing that deters us is big Mama Federal government who is offering the legs.

The difference. Our forefathers never needed federal government legs they had their own.

When in the hell, we as Americans get so dammed lazy & irresponsible?

Why don't you raise your granddaughter as a real American, and start her off plowing your fields when she turns 10 years old.

It's obvious that not too many "real" Americans exist on this board, but we sure have a lot of parisites.

It's obvious that not too many "real" Americans exist on this board, but we sure have a lot of parisites.

My DD 214 says otherwise, lad.

But hey, that's the beauty of America.

You can define what you imagine is a real American and we real Americans can definitely not give a shit what you think.

Enjoy!

Well, I think it;s only fair to the people on this board that are O.K. with paying for the "pig stink" coming from the Pigs out of Iowa. It's O.K. if YOU want to pay for it, but I don't want too. And I certainly don't want to borrow the money in order to do so. Nor, do I want my grandaughter having to deal with re-payment of the pig stink in Iowa.

So, please send your own personal check to the state of Iowa for the relief of Pig stink. Then we won't have any more arguments about it. Your grandchildren & mine won't inherit this smelly multi-million dollar bill. O.K

Last edited:
I guess I have hit a hurtful spot. When are the rest of you going to appolize for the generational theft that is upon us?

When do WE take reponsibility? Our forefathers had the courage to do so. What are we, a bunch of cowards?

Last edited:
I caught myself holding my 5 month old grand daughter tonight whispering in her ear, that I am so sorry.

I am so sorry that this nation forgot where they came from. That they forgot what hard work & sacrifice was. That they forgot--that common sense was horse sense. That they forgot that no one gets a free lunch.

That they forgot that success should be rewarded & not punished. They forgot that no one should spend more more money than what they earn. That they should know not to borrow more than they can pay for.

The pioneers that crossed this great country at great peril remember the cost. They remember the sacrifice. It's too bad that their bloodline forgets.

Yet this generation has conveniently forgot where they came from, & my grand daughter will pay for this generations mistake her entire life.

So-- I whisper in her little ear- I am so sorry!
YOu need to talk to her parents instead of saying sorry! Tell them to stop watching Dr.Phil.
Your generation created our generation!

Wow this thought by a grandmother to a 5 month old brought out some pretty vicious words. Why? I saw nothing threatening or nasty-- just someone loving their grandbaby enough to hold her and love her and whisper that this world is messed up in many areas. And so many took offense? Strange.

A metaphor. A metaphor on a political forum that's noted for it's robustness has got some of you in a tizz? And you're blaming Obama for the mess that happened on BushCheney's watch? :lol:

Bush/Cheney didn't spend a trillion on pork and call it stimulus, obama did that.

The retards also didn't propose spending another half trillion till october of this year with 9,000 earmarks, or doubling and tripling everybody's energy bills in the midst of a deep recession, obama has done those things.

I don't know if it's pork but he had to do something. The frigging driver had the bus heading for the cliff and jumped out as the bus was gathering speed. A passenger jumps in the driver's seat and is trying to steer the bus away from the cliff. The left side of the bus is cheering because the bloke had the courage to hop into the driver's seat, the right side of the bus is jeering because they don't like the driver.

Jebus! I thought Oreo was apologizing for sucking up to Bush all these years...I didn't expect you to actually take my advice, Oreo.:rolleyes:

I don't know if it's pork but he had to do something. The frigging driver had the bus heading for the cliff and jumped out as the bus was gathering speed. A passenger jumps in the driver's seat and is trying to steer the bus away from the cliff. The left side of the bus is cheering because the bloke had the courage to hop into the driver's seat, the right side of the bus is jeering because they don't like the driver.
There in is the entire point, he DID NOT have to do anything, most economists agree the recession would have ended in less then a year, and say what he did has prolonged it and possibly may have cuased it to worsen.

The worst people in the world to try and tell anyone how to make money is government, all they know how to do is spend money.

I guess I have hit a hurtful spot. When are the rest of you going to appolize for the generational theft that is upon us?

When do WE take reponsibility? Our forefathers had the courage to do so. What are we, a bunch of cowards?

You cannot expect them to apologize, it's what they voted for, their messiah promised them a war on the rich and on the corporations, in American it is now the cool thing to do to hate people who have been more successful than you,, what they want is what you have earned they deem themselves entitled to it.

Forum List

Back