The way its really going to be.

This is Jewish doctrine from the Jewish section of the Judeo-Christian Bible.

It only applies to Jews around 800 BCE.

It is not relevant for anyone else.

If you want to address world religion you need to start with Philosophy NOT with Religion.

Well I disagree , the biblical message applies to everyone; truth is for all of us. And this thread is not going to address religion, its highlighting the free wonderful world salvation. In 1John 4:14 the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

That is for the whole world , relevant for everyone!
Sooo...this salvation? It comes from whom? The Father would be...?

Yes, the Salvation comes from God the Father. I am not quite sure what God is. I don't know , but the bible offers some clues. In Isaiah 46: 9 he said "I am God and there is none else"; interesting , as if he means he is the only one of whatever he is. He said there is none like him. Jesus is of course "Simiular",but not exactly like God. Jesus had to die , the Father has never died. Jesus prays to the Father , the Father prays to no one. The bible reveals that God is a "Spirit", that is far different from humans or animals., God once said "I am what I am."

So the Father would be "A Mystery." An enigmatic being ; and he has not gone out of his way to explain himself to us. We have to guess.
So, to be clear, you are claiming that you are in possession of a holy book that has the only "true" remedy for sin, you believe in an invisible God,but you are claiming that you are not discussing religion.

I hate to tell you pal, but you're talking about religion.

The bible is not a holy book , its a book that discusses holy things about holy beings. The book is not the remedy for sin ,it reveals the remedy for sin. And God is not invisible , we just can't see him because we have not been conditioned to. The thing is because you cannot explain some of these things , that makes it seem these things cannot be understood; because these things are a bowl of crap to you , you want to present them to the world as a bowl of crap. And I understand that, we are only conscious of those things we are conscious of. In my view ,most of the confusion about God that has been spread, has been spread by confused believers in God ;most of that damage has come from religion.

Theist have done far more damage to proper understanding of the bible than Atheist have done.

And I think that is how God wanted it.
A "book about holy things" is, by definition, a holy book. You are just playing semantics in order to disguise your religion for what it is. I never said that the book is the cure for sin, I said it has, as in reveals (your word), the remedy.
"And God is not invisible , we just can't see him because we have not been conditioned to." Well, isn't that convenient, since the result is the same. A God that cannot be seen, and who's existence cannot be objectively proven.

"The thing is because you cannot explain some of these things , that makes it seem these things cannot be understood; because these things are a bowl of crap to you , you want to present them to the world as a bowl of crap." How arrogant of you. The problem isn't that I "can't explain some of these things", it is that the "things" talked about in the Bible are physically impossible. I can give you a list if you'd like. Carnivores on the the Ark. Animals on the ark having to have travelled thousands of miles, without leaving a trace, in order to exist where they do, the sun "standing still in the sky". That's just a few examples, and we haven't even gotten to the whole Jesus myth.

Well I disagree , the biblical message applies to everyone; truth is for all of us. And this thread is not going to address religion, its highlighting the free wonderful world salvation. In 1John 4:14 the Father sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.

That is for the whole world , relevant for everyone!

Yes, the Salvation comes from God the Father. I am not quite sure what God is. I don't know , but the bible offers some clues. In Isaiah 46: 9 he said "I am God and there is none else"; interesting , as if he means he is the only one of whatever he is. He said there is none like him. Jesus is of course "Simiular",but not exactly like God. Jesus had to die , the Father has never died. Jesus prays to the Father , the Father prays to no one. The bible reveals that God is a "Spirit", that is far different from humans or animals., God once said "I am what I am."

So the Father would be "A Mystery." An enigmatic being ; and he has not gone out of his way to explain himself to us. We have to guess.
So, to be clear, you are claiming that you are in possession of a holy book that has the only "true" remedy for sin, you believe in an invisible God,but you are claiming that you are not discussing religion.

The bible is not a holy book , its a book that discusses holy things about holy beings. The book is not the remedy for sin ,it reveals the remedy for sin. And God is not invisible , we just can't see him because we have not been conditioned to. The thing is because you cannot explain some of these things , that makes it seem these things cannot be understood; because these things are a bowl of crap to you , you want to present them to the world as a bowl of crap. And I understand that, we are only conscious of those things we are conscious of. In my view ,most of the confusion about God that has been spread, has been spread by confused believers in God ;most of that damage has come from religion.

Theist have done far more damage to proper understanding of the bible than Atheist have done.

A "book about holy things" is, by definition, a holy book. You are just playing semantics in order to disguise your religion for what it is. I never said that the book is the cure for sin, I said it has, as in reveals (your word), the remedy.
"And God is not invisible , we just can't see him because we have not been conditioned to." Well, isn't that convenient, since the result is the same. A God that cannot be seen, and who's existence cannot be objectively proven.

"The thing is because you cannot explain some of these things , that makes it seem these things cannot be understood; because these things are a bowl of crap to you , you want to present them to the world as a bowl of crap." How arrogant of you. The problem isn't that I "can't explain some of these things", it is that the "things" talked about in the Bible are physically impossible. I can give you a list if you'd like. Carnivores on the the Ark. Animals on the ark having to have travelled thousands of miles, without leaving a trace, in order to exist where they do, the sun "standing still in the sky". That's just a few examples, and we haven't even gotten to the whole Jesus myth.

The bible has a lot of symbolism in it ,and parables; and it has some errors in it as well. Translation errors and the things King James did to it as well as all the Catholic churches influence on it for many years and many concaves it had. And some of the miracles recorded in it are unbelievable, and those things do not have to be believed for a person to be saved; our salvation is free , and what things we believe have absolutely nothing to do with that free gift.

We don't have to pay for salvation ,we cannot be charged for it; its absolutely free ; the charge cannot be our belief in miracles
we can't be charged by the route of how much of Jesus recorded life we believe
we can't be charged by our knowledge
our sins won't stop the gift of salvation
our politics cannot subtract from it
racism cannot stop it
whether we are in a church or not cannot stop the grace of God
what sins you committed last night can't stop it
you can be an Atheist ,a punk rocker or a Klansman , those won't stop Gods promises.

The bible has a lot of symbolism in it ,and parables; and it has some errors in it as well. Translation errors and the things King James did to it as well as all the Catholic churches influence on it for many years and many concaves it had. And some of the miracles recorded in it are unbelievable, and those things do not have to be believed for a person to be saved; our salvation is free , and what things we believe have absolutely nothing to do with that free gift.

We don't have to pay for salvation ,we cannot be charged for it; its absolutely free ; the charge cannot be our belief in miracles
racism cannot stop it
you can be an Atheist ,a punk rocker or a Klansman , those won't stop Gods promises.
Okay. I'll tke you at your word. I choose not to elieve in your, God, and, according to you, that will make no difference, and I will still get to go to your heaven. Yay me. I don't believe in heaven, either, but, hey, just in case I'm wrong, it's good to know that I get to go there, even though I didn't believe in it.

racism cannot stop it
Okay. I'll tke you at your word. I choose not to elieve in your, God, and, according to you, that will make no difference, and I will still get to go to your heaven. Yay me. I don't believe in heaven, either, but, hey, just in case I'm wrong, it's good to know that I get to go there, even though I didn't believe in it.

Well yes , according to Romans 3:3 , unbelief will not take away from the faith of God to save you.3:3, " What if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God of none effect? God Forbid!"--- in other words NO! Our salvation is based on the faith of God in his own promises ,not our faith in him. God has faith in himself ,in how he thinks ,in his own ways and means ; THAT is what saves us! Many people , both believers and unbelievers alike, just don't understand this kind of grace , nor do they believe it.

The destiny of all of humanity is revealed by the creator of humanity ; this is not what religion is saying , its not what any human is saying , its what God himself has "Sworn!" God makes an incredible Holy Vow that nothing can stop! In Isaiah 45:22-23 , "Look to me ALL the ends of the earth and be saved; for I am God and there is none else ; I have sworn by myself , the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness , and shall not return to me empty ; that to me EVERY knee shall bow , and EVERY mouth shall confess." This is the future of ALL of humanity!

When God returns he will NOT be asking for free will acceptance of him , he will NOT be offering choices from anyone , everyone will submit to him and believe in him; that is the way its really going to be.

God doesn't care about interpretations scribbled down by mere men, or the religions mere men have created.

The destiny of all of humanity is revealed by the creator of humanity ; this is not what religion is saying , its not what any human is saying , its what God himself has "Sworn!" God makes an incredible Holy Vow that nothing can stop! In Isaiah 45:22-23 , "Look to me ALL the ends of the earth and be saved; for I am God and there is none else ; I have sworn by myself , the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness , and shall not return to me empty ; that to me EVERY knee shall bow , and EVERY mouth shall confess." This is the future of ALL of humanity!

When God returns he will NOT be asking for free will acceptance of him , he will NOT be offering choices from anyone , everyone will submit to him and believe in him; that is the way its really going to be.

God doesn't care about interpretations scribbled down by mere men, or the religions mere men have created.

Well I agree; that is what I believe. He does not care about things like that. Notice God in Isaiah 40:17 ," All nations before him are as nothing; they are counted by him as "Less than nothing and meaningless!"

Good grief , LESS than nothing!! He does not care about religions.

Well I agree; that is what I believe. He does not care about things like that. Notice God in Isaiah 40:17 ," All nations before him are as nothing; they are counted by him as "Less than nothing and meaningless!"

So you agree that to believe in and love God religion is not necessary?

racism cannot stop it

Well yes , according to Romans 3:3 , unbelief will not take away from the faith of God to save you.3:3, " What if some did not believe? Shall their unbelief make the faith of God of none effect? God Forbid!"--- in other words NO! Our salvation is based on the faith of God in his own promises ,not our faith in him. God has faith in himself ,in how he thinks ,in his own ways and means ; THAT is what saves us! Many people , both believers and unbelievers alike, just don't understand this kind of grace , nor do they believe it.
The convenient thing is that I don't have to believe it. Good to know. I'm glad to hear that I can go on living my life without bothering with believe in a myth. Your work here is done. I now understand that I can keep right on mocking religious superstition.

Of course its not necessary, and nowhere in the bible does it teach that God or Jesus ever said religion was necessary. In fact Jesus seem to dislike religion when he was confronted with it. Belief in God does not require religion. The bible does not even mention religion but a few times.

racism cannot stop it

The convenient thing is that I don't have to believe it. Good to know. I'm glad to hear that I can go on living my life without bothering with believe in a myth. Your work here is done. I now understand that I can keep right on mocking religious superstition.

Belief in God is not a myth, but it is not required for your salvation. You can mock anything all you want , you will be with God in eternity; but now he will do something to you which will result in you believing in him; you will have no choice.

Of course its not necessary, and nowhere in the bible does it teach that God or Jesus ever said religion was necessary. In fact Jesus seem to dislike religion when he was confronted with it. Belief in God does not require religion. The bible does not even mention religion but a few times.

So you would agree that quoting bible verses as truth is quoting fallible men, not God, so claiming it is the "word of God" is suspect?. And that religion has no place in politics, since religion is imperfect men trying to claim they know what God wants?

His true followers do that now-Matt 7:21-- Jesus taught--it will be FEW.

So you would agree that quoting bible verses as truth is quoting fallible men, not God, so claiming it is the "word of God" is suspect?. And that religion has no place in politics, since religion is imperfect men trying to claim they know what God wants?

No I would not. In my belief , the bible was written by men and women who were moved by the Spirit of God to write ,I can accept and believe that, because I can do that myself. I am just not writing in a bible. I have read things by others who I know were moved by the Spirit to write. People are doing that now. Just not everyone who claims they are. Religion is imperfect men and women trying to claim they know God. The word of God is not suspect , the way its been translated is. When they translated the bible from Greek to Latin, they mistranslated a lot of little things. When it got translated into English , they messed up more things. So the word of God is not suspect , the way men meddled with it is. If one properly understood this , they would be aware of what's going on, and not get bent out of shape over the subject.

Well I think his true followers will do that now , but also in my view of things , in my study of the bible , they are not on the scene yet; not here yet. Oh God may be picking and choosing them or beginning to do that , but they have not been gathered together as a church , because I can use the bible to easily spot them ; they will be like a light on a hill, they will NOT be led by men , they will NOT have Pastors, the Spirit will lead them, they will be gathered from all the peoples on earth , mixed with every race and culture ; they all will have the Spirit of God ,the fruits listed in Gal. 5:22-23 ;there is NO CHURCH on earth like that now ; oh but I know many groups THINK they are , but I can look at the bible's description, and not their claims.

Its academic. Its biblical , right there for any to read.

Well I think his true followers will do that now , but also in my view of things , in my study of the bible , they are not on the scene yet; not here yet. Oh God may be picking and choosing them or beginning to do that , but they have not been gathered together as a church , because I can use the bible to easily spot them ; they will be like a light on a hill, they will NOT be led by men , they will NOT have Pastors, the Spirit will lead them, they will be gathered from all the peoples on earth , mixed with every race and culture ; they all will have the Spirit of God ,the fruits listed in Gal. 5:22-23 ;there is NO CHURCH on earth like that now ; oh but I know many groups THINK they are , but I can look at the bible's description, and not their claims.

Jesus promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( anointed teachers) over all of his belongings, here in these last days. Jesus spoke to 7 congregations( a place where one goes and gets taught by Jesus real teachers) in Revelation.( here in these last days)
One religion-1Cor 1:10) out of 34,000 that claim to be Christian. The one everyone hates.

Jesus promised to appoint his faithful and discreet slave( anointed teachers) over all of his belongings, here in these last days. Jesus spoke to 7 congregations( a place where one goes and gets taught by Jesus real teachers) in Revelation.( here in these last days)
One religion-1Cor 1:10) out of 34,000 that claim to be Christian. The one everyone hates.

Well I am sure your people may need to be taught , but the ones I am making reference to ,and 1 John 2: 27 is speaking about , those people will have no need for humans to teach them , because the Holy Spirit will.

racism cannot stop it

Belief in God is not a myth, but it is not required for your salvation. You can mock anything all you want , you will be with God in eternity; but now he will do something to you which will result in you believing in him; you will have no choice.
LMMFAO!!! oh, that's rich! It;s not like I've never heard that before. God wants to leave me no choice but to believe in him? Okay. All he has to do is provide clear, objective proof of his existence. Of course, then it wouldn't be so much "believing, as knowing. That's the difference between a subjective superstition, and an objective fact. One doesn't need to believe in a fact; one has the advantage of objective proof of its accuracy, so one just gets to know - like gravity. I don't have to believe in gravity; it is a fact. I can just know that it functions.

Well I am sure your people may need to be taught , but the ones I am making reference to ,and 1 John 2: 27 is speaking about , those people will have no need for humans to teach them , because the Holy Spirit will.

A direct teaching to the anointed teachers of Jesus--All need to be taught. Luke 10:16

racism cannot stop it

LMMFAO!!! oh, that's rich! It;s not like I've never heard that before. God wants to leave me no choice but to believe in him? Okay. All he has to do is provide clear, objective proof of his existence. Of course, then it wouldn't be so much "believing, as knowing. That's the difference between a subjective superstition, and an objective fact. One doesn't need to believe in a fact; one has the advantage of objective proof of its accuracy, so one just gets to know - like gravity. I don't have to believe in gravity; it is a fact. I can just know that it functions.

Yes ,he will himself provide clear , objective proof of his existence , you will actually see him for your self

racism cannot stop it

God will personally make himself clear to you and everyone else He will be clear. In Rev. 1:7 "Every human shall see him and Jesus,.. In Isaiah 40:5 everyone will see him. There will be no more excuses for unbelief , all the facts will be provided.

A direct teaching to the anointed teachers of Jesus--All need to be taught. Luke 10:16

The last church called out by God will not be taught by men. But I mean I understand why you can't see that , you need to be taught by men; its all you know.

Forum List

Back