How many here believe in a pre-trib rapture?

You know, I'd heard about the rapture as a kid growing up in the various churches I was made to attend, so I did some research and found out it is a hoax that was invented by a dude named Cotton Mather back in the 1800's. He managed to convince people not once but TWICE that it was going to happen.

That particular myth has been revived over the years by various leaders of various faiths over the years.

One of the things I have a hard time with though is how are the followers of Jesus supposed to meet Him in the air? Gravity won't allow bodies to float, and if it is their soul that meets Him, that means it has to leave their bodies to do so, resulting in a lot of dead people laying around.

As a Catholic I don't believe in something called a "rapture". It was never mentioned until the earlier part of the 1800's, I would think something that important would have been known much earlier

That is biblical but unless the OT is included even the most counter-scriptural theology can be defended.

• Banned
You know, I'd heard about the rapture as a kid growing up in the various churches I was made to attend, so I did some research and found out it is a hoax that was invented by a dude named Cotton Mather back in the 1800's. He managed to convince people not once but TWICE that it was going to happen.

That particular myth has been revived over the years by various leaders of various faiths over the years.

One of the things I have a hard time with though is how are the followers of Jesus supposed to meet Him in the air? Gravity won't allow bodies to float, and if it is their soul that meets Him, that means it has to leave their bodies to do so, resulting in a lot of dead people laying around.
Margaret McDonald and John Darby picked up on it after that.

When Jesus appeared the first time he spoke in figurative language and parables, in other words, riddles.

To even know what he was talking about one would have to think deeply to grasp what went over everyone else's head who does not think very deeply..In fact, the same revelation that caused peace and joy among some who had the ability to think critically inexplicably caused confusion and anger among others who were not wrapped too tight..

This is how people will meet Jesus in the air, above the heads of the irrational, when he emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight. Jesus doesn't even have to physically appear to everybody in the day the Son of Man is revealed to everybody.

This is how one will be taken and the other will be left behind;

one will understand, the other will not.

Last edited:

When Jesus appeared the first time he spoke in figurative language and parables, in other words, riddles.

To even know what he was talking about one would have to think deeply to grasp what went over everyone else's head who does not think very deeply..In fact, the same revelation that caused peace and joy among some who had the ability to think critically inexplicably caused confusion and anger among others who were not wrapped too tight..

This is how people will meet Jesus in the air, above the heads of the irrational, when he emerges from the clouds that have obscured him from sight. Jesus doesn't even have to physically appear to everybody in the day the Son of Man is revealed to everybody.

This is how one will be taken and the other will be left behind;

one will understand, the other will not.
I don't believe that is correct. He did not first speak in parables. That occurred at a specific point in time for a specific reason. Just like He had a purpose in sometimes telling some to not tell anyone what He had done and at other times telling some to tell what He had done. Everything He did was for a reason.

What is your religious affiliation?

I don't believe that is correct. He did not first speak in parables.

You are wrong. John 16:25 says so, not to mention the many times recorded in scripture that Jesus said something and the disciples did not know what he meant until after he was crucified appeared to them in dreams and their minds were opened to comprehend..

Like I said; one will understand, the other will not.

Cotton Mather, 1663-1728. He is credited by some with originating the doctrine, but its popularization in the 1800s is usually credited to John Darby. John Nelson Darby - Wikipedia

wow, such clueless answers on here.

So you just had to contribute your own brand of clueless answers?

The last trumpet sounding is a metaphor for the last prophet appearing in the same way that Elijah was called the trumpet of God..

With all of that pre-trib, rapture, antichrist, meeting Jesus in the air garbage in your head you probably wouldn't see or hear a thing even if it was sounding off right in your face...

Last edited:
2 Diverse opinions

All of those ancient stories involving a Trinity are unadulterated bull shit! You know....the fodder, de sun and the holly goose

Roosevelt attended Groton School, an Episcopal boarding school in Groton, Massachusetts; 90% of the students were from families on the social register. He was strongly influenced by its headmaster, Endicott Peabody, who preached the duty of Christians to help the less fortunate and urged his students to enter public service. Forty years later Roosevelt said of Peabody, "It was a blessing in my life to have the privilege of [his] guiding hand",[24] and the headmaster remained a strong influence throughout his life, officiating at his wedding and visiting Roosevelt as president.[25]

You are wrong. John 16:25 says so, not to mention the many times recorded in scripture that Jesus said something and the disciples did not know what he meant until after he was crucified appeared to them in dreams and their minds were opened to comprehend..

I'm not wrong. I don't rely on one quote. I understand the phases of His ministry.

Ashamed to say what religion you follow, huh.

I'm not wrong. I don't rely on one quote. I understand the phases of His ministry.

Ashamed to say what religion you follow, huh.

Of course you are dead wrong. I only referenced one verse but there are many instances in the gospels where it states clearly that Jesus spoke only in parables when teaching and that the disciples did not know what he was talking about. This is irrefutable. I assumed you knew this... If you do not even realize that Jesus was speaking in parables how is it possible that you could know what he was talking about? It isn't. Enough already. You suck at acting.

"Jesus spoke all these things to the crowd in parables; he did not say anything to them without using a parable." Matthew 13:34

And no I am not ashamed to say what religion I follow. I have said it many times before that I do not follow any religion. Why should I? I have no need to be saved from anything, I am not lost. If I ever felt a need to escape from reality for a while I would ask myself what Jesus would do and then go party with sinners, prostitutes, and all sorts of bad characters and pour myself a drink. I certainly wouldn't addle or defile the sanctity of my mind with iniquitous religious flotsam..Once a person throws their rational mind in the trash, as is required to become a believer, with what can they get it back?

You, on the other hand, might want to take a moment from your busy day posting all over these boards to calculate the cost of the terrifying and disturbing consequences for misleading others by perpetuating bullshit in the name of the Lord.

Be honest with yourself for a change. You are a liar, an idolator, and a fraud. No one knows this better than you.....

I will let you in on a little secret.

You will never escape the hand of the Almighty either in this world or the world to come...

Last edited:

Actually, the Bible says He will send His angels to gather His elect at His coming.

Actually, the Bible says He will send His angels to gather His elect at His coming.

Chapter and verse please?

He did the hoax.
The Rapture is a future event.
He ignored the part in the Bible that says Israel had to become a Nation again.
It did in 1948.

Forum List

Back