The "WAR ON WOMEN"

I don’t always agree with DragonLady, but on this question she speaks with obvious knowledge and great authority. As a mother and grandmother herself, living just across our Northern border, she must look down on our tragic decline and our hysterical rightwing political “culture warriors” with open and horrified eyes. We need more women like her here … to balance our mad macho MAGA poseurs … who provide neither thoughtful insights nor even useful information … just recycled insults and slanders.

Last edited:
If it’s an ectopic pregnancy, the fetus will develop until it becomes too large for the fallopian tube. The tube will burst, the fetus will die and the woman will hemorrhage. If she doesn’t get immediate care to staunch the bleeding she can die within 10 minutes.

1/50 pregnancies in the USA is ectopic. There is no possibility that the fetus will ever become a human being. The only questions are whether the mother will survive, and will she be able to get pregnant afterwards.

If the woman was able to have a timely abortion before the tube bursts, neither of these questions would be an issue and the cost of saving her life would be minimal.

The lead plaintiff in the Texas law suit is a pro-life woman with really good health insurance who was admitted to hospital to await the inevitable but even she nearly died then they couldn’t begin treatment after the tube burst until the fetal heart stopped beating.
She needed surgery and months to recover. She still doesn’t know if she can have another baby.
Weird how Unplanned Unparenthood says the number of abortions performed to save the mother is so insignificant it doesn’t register statistically.

I don’t always agree with DragonLady, but on this question she speaks with obvious knowledge and great authority. As a mother and grandmother herself, living just across our Northern border, she must look down on our tragic decline and our hysterical rightwing political “culture warriors” with open and horrified eyes. We need more women like her here … to balance our mad macho MAGA poseurs … who provide neither thoughtful insights nor even useful information … just recycled insults and slanders.

Canadumb is a frozen authoritarian shithole, and this ancient barbaric harpy exemplifies its shittiness and states nothing but nonsensical Trudeau-dicksucking.

No place needs more immoral trash like her, or you.

Sour grapes from a homophobe. The trans athlete is ranked 35 the nation. Gaines is 5th.

Lia Thomas tied Gaines in her first ever women's event after a year on testosterone blockers, but her muscle mass and times have continued to decline the longer Thomas is on testosterone blockers. Her times are now 15 seconds slower than they were before she started hormone therapy.

Thomas is barely ranked higher in the NCAA as a female swimmer, than when he was ranked 65th. There are more than twice as many male swimmers than female, so he's doing worse as a female swimmer.
Pathetic excuses from a leftard woman hater. News flash. Thomas won an NCAA title by beating actual women. Stealing an honor from a woman. But you clowns are okay with that. Why do you hate women?

Right. Nothing much to get worked up about here. Certainly nothing to do with the real “War Against Women” which directly effects women’s health, privacy, access to abortion pills when contraception fails, etc.

Many private independent sports organizations are already taking steps to regulate whether the few trans athletes who compete in women’s sports meet hormone specific levels, just as they must meet other drug levels.

Oh, and as for the political hysteria pushed by evangelicals and rabble-rousing MAGA Republican hypocrites, what ever happened to the last fake war Republicans claimed Liberals were waging against them? What did they call it? Oh yeah… a … WAR ON CHRISTMAS!

The original idiot OP thread here claimed Liberals were waging a “war on women” instead of what most women know — that the evangelicals and MAGA extremists and state politicians and the Supreme Court majority are all on a campaign to end important women’s rights, like the right to abortion. Last I heard, Santa and his elves were doing just fine, but women in Red States … not so much.

Because, asshole, liberals do not favor “killing babies.”

Liberals mostly don’t even “like” abortion, but see it as a choice, in many cases a “best choice” for women in a bad situation.

Most women, wives, lovers and daughters, and the conscientious men who care deeply about them, simply don’t want strangers, or the state, or rightwing religious fanatics, or corrupt politicians … to have veto power over women who find themselves “in trouble.”

It is in nobody’s interest that “the state” or “states” force women to carry and give birth to unwanted children, instead of children they want and will love when they (and their spouses) are ready and able to have them.
Another load of crap from a real asshole. You weaklings have even gotten down into the high school ranks to steal championships and opportunities from actual women. But being a woman hater you don't care. You assholes are waging war on real women. Because you're a coward who supports killing babies. Now put up your funny face and run you asshole.

First, mask mandates.
…mask mandates do not affect body autonomy.
…where there were/are mask mandates, they applied to everyone equally…
…masking is a temporary measure for public health emergencies with highly contagious diseases and while not perfect, it has been very effective in conjunction with distancing, in reducing transmission.

Yes, I supported them during the pandemic before there was widespread vaccination. It is like an article of clothing, and had no effect on on my bodily autonomy.

IF there had been a government mandate to vaccinate everyone, that would be different. That would affect my body autonomy.

During the height of the epidemic there was widespread BIPARTISAN support for state-wide mask mandates.

Who’s out of touch?
You.

Wearing a mask was a simple protective measure for someone to take to reduce contracting COVID. A condone is a simple protective measure to use to reduce/stop getting pregnant. Mask wearing was forced onto the public if you went into public places, transport etc..

So you are not consistent in thought, one rule for one.

"It's my choice to not wear a mask"

"GET THAT MASK ON"

"I want an abortion because of unprotected sex, we didn't use a condom, my body my choice"

"YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION "

Another load of crap from a real asshole. You weaklings have even gotten down into the high school ranks to steal championships and opportunities from actual women. But being a woman hater you don't care. You assholes are waging war on real women. Because you're a coward who supports killing babies. Now put up your funny face and run you asshole.
@Lantern’s comments are always like this. Filled with personal insults and outrageous slanders against people he knows almost nothing about. Here he is for some strange reason trying hard to appear “tough.” He must know he is a weakling. I don’t claim to know and certainly don’t want to know him in real life, but he acts like a useless loser, with nothing to offer anyone. He conducts himself here on USMB like a mad monkey at a zoo — throwing shit at passers-by. The “lantern” in his simian brain is very dim, almost entirely extinguished. He is soul-dead. This is why I laugh at him.

Last edited:
@Lantern’s comments are always like this. Filled with personal insults and outrageous slanders against people he knows almost nothing about. Here he is for some strange reason trying hard to appear “tough.” He must know he is a weakling. I don’t claim to know and certainly don’t want to know him in real life, but he acts like a useless loser, with nothing to offer anyone. He conducts himself here on USMB like a mad monkey at a zoo — throwing shit at passers-by. The “lantern” in his simian brain is very dim, almost entirely extinguished. He is soul-dead. This is why I laugh at him.
No you ignorant asshole. You laugh because you have no idea what reality is. By the way, you have done nothing but throw insults this whole thread retard. You have shown yourself to be a an arrogant, low education science denier who thinks it’s funny that men beat women. You are a woman hater. You are a loser. You are a liar. A pathetic rant to avoid the topic of the post. Showing yourself to be nothing but a weakling who thinks beating women makes you look tough. Remain ignorant.

Put up another stupid emoji and run you ignorant cowardly fuck. Here’s your sign...:fu::ahole-1:

Because they don't keep their legs closed.
Mother: "Take this aspirin on your date, so you won't get pregnant."
Daughter: "How will an aspirin keep me from getting pregnant?"
Mother: "Hold it between your knees and don't let it drop."

How to avoid getting AIDs: "Sit on your ass and keep your mouth shut."

Here is an update on the status of perhaps the main present danger pushed by the MAGA Republican “War on Women” … their attempt to ban the popular “early use” FDA-approved abortion pill throughout all 50 states!

Abortion Pill Case to Be Heard by Conservative, Anti-Abortion Panel

(Reuters) - A case brought by anti-abortion groups seeking to ban the abortion pill mifepristone nationwide will be heard next week by a panel of three deeply conservative judges hostile to abortion rights…

The administration will be appealing to Circuit Judges Jennifer Walker Elrod, who upheld a Texas law making it more difficult for abortion clinics to operate in the state; James Ho … and Cory Wilson, who supported abortion bans as a Mississippi state legislator.

U.S. District Judge Matthew Kacsmaryk in Amarillo, Texas last month sided with the plaintiffs, finding they were likely to win, and suspended mifepristone's approval while their lawsuit goes forward. The U.S. Supreme Court put that order on hold, meaning that mifepristone remains available while the case is appealed….

Ho, who was appointed by former Republican president Donald Trump … in a separate opinion spoke out against the constitutional right to abortion.

The Supreme Court's conservative majority last year used the same case to overturn its landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision and find there was no right to abortion enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.

In 2021, Ho was in the majority in a 2-1 ruling refusing to block Texas's six-week abortion ban. The Supreme Court later let that law go into effect.

Ho last month also spoke to the conservative Federalist Society's Dallas chapter in defense of Kacsmaryk, who he called a friend, after the Washington Post reported the then-nominee did not disclose to the U.S. Senate ahead of his confirmation hearing a law review article he helped write that criticized protections for people seeking abortions….

Whichever party loses the appeal would be able to ask for en banc rehearing from the full 5th Circuit, which has 12 Republican appointees among 16 active judges serving on the court, and then appeal to the Supreme Court.

https://www.usnews.com/news/top-new...-be-heard-by-conservative-anti-abortion-panel

Last edited:
So by your definition, an infant is not a person because they have no concept of reason or morality.

an infant is viable. so is an 8 month old fetus.

You lack the morality aspect, so you're not a person either and as such cannot be murdered. Being part of a culturally established form of social relations such as kinship. I challenge you to find an expectant mother, not a Suzy Rottencrotch sperm receptacle, that does not have kinship to their unborn child.

:blahblah:

Legal responsibility? People under the age of majority have no legal responsibility, so I guess that makes murder legal under the age of 18, eh? You're a moron and you prove it more with each successive post. You failed to address this little piece of the definition.
manifesting extreme indifference to the value of human life.

:yapyapyapf:

list states that banned abortion.
alrighty...

1683661221556.png

STATESTATUS OF ABORTIONLEGAL UNTILMORE DETAILS
AlabamaBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
ArkansasBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
IdahoBannedNearly all abortions are banned and private citizens can sue abortion providers. In January, the Idaho Supreme Court ruled there is no constitutional right to abortion. A federal judge ruled in August that doctors cannot be punished for performing an abortion to protect a patient’s health.
KentuckyBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest. In November, voters rejected a ballot measure that would have amended the State Constitution to say it contains no right to an abortion.
LouisianaBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
MississippiBannedAbortion is banned with exceptions for rape, but not incest.
MissouriBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
North DakotaBannedAbortion is banned with exceptions for rape or incest only in the first six weeks of pregnancy. A separate ban on most abortions was indefinitely blocked by a judge.
OklahomaBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest. Private citizens can sue abortion providers and those who assist patients seeking an abortion.
South DakotaBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
TennesseeBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest.
TexasBannedAbortion is banned with no exceptions for rape or incest. Private citizens can sue abortion providers and those who assist patients seeking an abortion after about six weeks of pregnancy.
West VirginiaBannedAbortion is banned with exceptions for rape and incest.
WisconsinBannedThe state has a law from before Roe that bans abortion with no exceptions for rape or incest. The Democratic governor and attorney general filed a lawsuit in 2022, in an attempt to block the ban.

Tracking the States Where Abortion Is Now Banned

yer welcome.

The Supreme Court's conservative majority last year used the same case to overturn its landmark 1973 Roe v. Wade decision and find there was no right to abortion enshrined in the U.S. Constitution.
So you are complaining because the courts are confirming the the right to life is enshrined in the constitution? It is about time that the courts have reaffirmed that murder is a crime in the US.

Forum List

Back