The Walking Dead

Me too! Do you know when the second season starts? I haven't found that info yet.

Not yet, there are many ways AMC could take this. The source material is already there, they have volumes of material to work with. The thing at this point is filming it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they start showing Season 2 in early October of next year and start filming in the spring.

Mad Men is probably a good indicator of how they will do it. Mad Men pretty much starts in the same month every year.

I was hoping for an early season 2, since this one is only 6 episodes. A year is a longggg time to wait for the next season.

Mad Men rocks.

Spoiler alert:

So- the white trash guy that was left on the roof: I think he'll get hold of a hacksaw (remember that other guy dropped his tool bag), then either saw the cuffs or saw his hand off (quicker) then come back for revenge. Huh?

Oh snap! I watched last night at 11 at couldn't fall asleep! :lol: Not because I thought teh zombies were going to get me but because I was so wound up from the last 10 minutes. YES! I thought Rick and Glen were dinner.

Fair warning . . . spoilers below.

How nasty when they chopped up zombie Wayne. Intestine necklace! Totally grossed out! I loved it!
When Rick and Glen were walking amongst the zombies I was keeping my eyes on the dead . . .the folks playing the zombies are excellent. Agreed!!
When they got in the van I was sure a few zombies would hop in as well. I was literally yelling for them to hurry up. lol

When they guy dropped the key down that pipe . . . why didn't he toss the bad guy the hacksaw? From next week's previews, handcuffed guy is making for some fine dining.
AAAHHHHHH!!!! I was screaming I tell you! SCREAMING!! HURRY UP! GET IN THE FRIGIN VAN! THEY'RE COMING!!!!!!!!!

Me too! Do you know when the second season starts? I haven't found that info yet.

Not yet, there are many ways AMC could take this. The source material is already there, they have volumes of material to work with. The thing at this point is filming it. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they start showing Season 2 in early October of next year and start filming in the spring.

Mad Men is probably a good indicator of how they will do it. Mad Men pretty much starts in the same month every year.

I was hoping for an early season 2, since this one is only 6 episodes. A year is a longggg time to wait for the next season.

Mad Men rocks.
Mad Men? Hmmmm ....

I waited a year in between each installment of LOTR ... I can wait a year for this show.

Spoiler alert:

So- the white trash guy that was left on the roof: I think he'll get hold of a hacksaw (remember that other guy dropped his tool bag), then either saw the cuffs or saw his hand off (quicker) then come back for revenge. Huh?

Exactly what I thought. But, the previews for next weeks show, shows the zombies trying to come through the door on the roof and he's still handcuffed. But yeah ... revenge is in the air!

Alright, the scene with Rick and Glenn covered in zombie guts as they walked among them was good. Kudos to the make-up artists. But when Rick ever turned and brought the ax down into the zombies head .... :eek: ... nasty!

So ... who among us thinks that Shane and Lori have been having an affair for some time?

Alright, the scene with Rick and Glenn covered in zombie guts as they walked among them was good. Kudos to the make-up artists. But when Rick ever turned and brought the ax down into the zombies head .... :eek: ... nasty!

So ... who among us thinks that Shane and Lori have been having an affair for some time?

I got the impression that relationship developed in the ensuing aftermath of zombie outbreak, and they figured Rick was toast.

BUT- (and I only watched it once) in the opening scenes of the first episode they're sitting in the squad car and I remember thinking how odd the conversation went w/re: to Rick's marriage etc.

Another but - :D
The two go at it like horny teenagers in the woods which is odd for a gal who recently lost her 'oosbund. I dunno does that make sense LOL.

I got the impression that relationship developed in the ensuing aftermath of zombie outbreak, and they figured Rick was toast.

BUT- (and I only watched it once) in the opening scenes of the first episode they're sitting in the squad car and I remember thinking how odd the conversation went w/re: to Rick's marriage etc.

The two go at it like horny teenagers in the woods which is odd for a gal who recently lost her 'oosbund. I dunno does that make sense LOL.

Exactly what leads me to believe they had been getting it on for some time. ( thinking back to the odd conversation in the squad car )

Without spoiling anything, let's just say that there's a quest in Sunday's episode, a quest that I didn't think the show would convince me was necessary. Yet eventually I understood why it was necessary, to Rick, anyway. The episode is a morality tale of sorts, but the story is told with a light, sure hand (and there's not all that much violence, as it happens).

As many others have pointed out, zombies are really just shuffling, flesh-eating backdrops. They are not intrinsically interesting in and of themselves. What they do is shine a light on who people become during a deadly crisis. Do they try to grab power? Retreat further into themselves? Exhibit selfishness or altruism? All the values people think they possess aren't truly tested until there are flesh-eaters on the streets; then it becomes a whole new ballgame.

Just as alcohol or drugs tend to bring out qualities that were already there in individuals, stories about post-apocalyptic societies struggling to survive are about the moral and ethical compromises people find themselves all too willing to make in times of trouble. The element of surprise doesn't just involve zombies popping up here and there; if the story is working well, as it is in 'The Walking Dead,' the audience can also be surprised by what the characters are capable of, and by the ways in which "civilized" people can quickly revert to brutality (or traditional gender roles, as one character notes in Sunday's episode).

In these kinds of stories, over time, the question evolves from "Will these people make it?" to "Should these people make it?"

Of course, at this stage, Rick isn't an ambiguous anti-hero a la Vic Mackey. 'The Walking Dead' isn't that kind of show. In such a bleak and forbidding world, the audience needs someone to believe in. In Sunday's episode, 'Tell It to the Frogs,' we learn more about why Rick might that kind of guy, and you may start to root for these people -- some of them, anyway -- to survive.

More at the link. Walking Dead marathon this Sunday night.

With Its Third Episode, 'The Walking Dead' Gets Even Better (Update: Catch the 'Dead' Marathon)

Exactly what leads me to believe they had been getting it on for some time. ( thinking back to the odd conversation in the squad car )

I want to re-watch the pilot and see if Shane squirms when Rick is talking about Lori.

I want to re-watch the pilot and see if Shane squirms when Rick is talking about Lori.
My husband just deleted the first two episodes from our DVR. Grrrrrrrrr!

Here:

The Walking Dead Season 1 | SideReel

Click on the 'Search Links' button (under the iTunes button). Once there, click on one of the links. Megavideo is usually pretty good. Sometimes you have to try a few links; some quality is better than others. With Megavideo, you can only watch I think 75 minutes of stuff before it times you out and you either have to subscribe or wait like 4 hours or something before watching more. I just reset the router on our computer to change the IP address and continue watching.

Here:

The Walking Dead Season 1 | SideReel

Click on the 'Search Links' button (under the iTunes button). Once there, click on one of the links. Megavideo is usually pretty good. Sometimes you have to try a few links; some quality is better than others. With Megavideo, you can only watch I think 75 minutes of stuff before it times you out and you either have to subscribe or wait like 4 hours or something before watching more. I just reset the router on our computer to change the IP address and continue watching.
Thanks Zoom-boing! I'll check out the link later today when I'm in front of my laptop and have access to everything. ( currently at work )

A question ...

If your significant other turned into a flesh-eating zombie and you were held up in a house with a rifle in your hand ... pointed at their head .. could you pull the trigger?

A question ...

If your significant other turned into a flesh-eating zombie and you were held up in a house with a rifle in your hand ... pointed at their head .. could you pull the trigger?

In Walking Dead's canon, the virus kills you completely dead before it reanimates your corpse. So your loved one isn't in there.

Out of respect for her, yes, I think I could, if for no other reason her body isn't subjected to the hell of rotting away like the bike lady in the park.

Forum List

Back