The Vikings

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Two thumbs up. mr. boe and I are totally hooked on The Vikings, but for differing reasons.

Mine: Travis Fimmel...hubba hubba!

So far, it's historically reasonable, has a good cast and a decent story arc, and is well produced.

It's on the History Channel.

Me too. It's my Roots!

I love how their government is called The Thing.

Has killed at least 3 attempted rapists

Katheryn-Winnick-vikings.jpg

:clap2:

i too am enjoying The Vikings. The sets and costumes are very good.

They are! I hope it goes on for a few seasons.

Two thumbs up. mr. boe and I are totally hooked on The Vikings, but for differing reasons.

So far, it's historically reasonable, has a good cast and a decent story arc, and is well produced.

I originally tuned in because I thought Travis looked so sexy in the previews...he hasn't disappointed me, and I like the historical storyline.

fimmel+shirtless.gif

and his wife is pretty hot too......:eusa_angel:

:eek:

The Blood Eagle was a method of torture and execution that is sometimes mentioned in Nordic saga legends. It was performed by cutting the ribs of the victim by the spine, breaking the ribs so they resembled blood-stained wings, and pulling the lungs out through the wounds in the victim's back.

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

Your husband is wrong. The Vikings isn't historically reasonable, it's historically perfect. Being an amateur historian and consumed by antiquity and medieval history, you could call me something of an expert on the matter. Anyone who has read or studied the Norse Sagas and Saxon Chronicles would've been equally astonished by Athelstan's advice to the King of Wessex: employ Roman tactics. It was only after the Saxon theigns began copying Roman manoeuvres that they began to drive the Norsemen back. I have never, ever seen that fact included in any cinematic rendition of Viking/Saxon history.

My Roku has the History Channel, but only features select "unlocked" episodes. Grrrr...

If you use Amazon Prime, the first season is free on Amazon Instant Video!

[MENTION=4301]boedicca[/MENTION]

Your husband is wrong. The Vikings isn't historically reasonable, it's historically perfect. Being an amateur historian and consumed by antiquity and medieval history, you could call me something of an expert on the matter. Anyone who has read or studied the Norse Sagas and Saxon Chronicles would've been equally astonished by Athelstan's advice to the King of Wessex: employ Roman tactics. It was only after the Saxon theigns began copying Roman manoeuvres that they began to drive the Norsemen back. I have never, ever seen that fact included in any cinematic rendition of Viking/Saxon history.

When I made my comment, it was early in the first season...long before the "roman tactics". ;) Despite my many attributes, "the sight" isn't one of them.

The 2nd season was awesome.

Forum List

Back