The VETO override that will someday bite us all in the pockets....

First let me start off by saying, everything republicans touch fucks us all in the end and folks that is just fact....NAFTA is one of them. This congress has now allowed 9/11 victims to spend eternity feeding fat lawyers who'll profit the most to sue Saudi for the attacks on 9/11. Sounds great doesn't it? But guess what, this law also enables the US to be sued for the drone attacks, the mistaken attacks, our soldiers mistakes, etc....another venue that tie up the courts enable fat lawyers to prosper endlessly in court and perhaps have some victories....taken valuable tax dollars away from us. Tax payers already have forked over 2 million per victim of this horrific attack and have provided resources up the ass, more that we give our soldiers and their families.

Pandering politicians wanting votes this Nov. have in fact made us more vulnerable than we will ever imagine....I will say this for the last time, everything GOP politicians touch, fucks us all in the end...when will we ever learn?

This may actually be the BEST freaking accountability measure that we citizens have received in ages.

They can sue for a drone strike hitting a hospital. But nobody is ever gonna pay up.. Just TRY to collect. IN FACT, the 9-11 survivors can drag Saudis into court in NYC, but THEY are never gonna collect money.

It's all about breaking the excuse of govt sovereignty and immunity to find out what the hell happened.
If Pakistan sues us for damages, over some covert op --- Great. American people will find out more about what we were doing flying drones over hospitals. And the 9-11 folks will get the satisfaction of embarrassing the fuck out of the Saudi Royals for secretly funding and aiding that operation.

Very LITTLE chance of money getting exchanged. Think of it as an International version of a FOIA request.

There is a downside to it, and that is repercussions against our soldiers and diplomats overseas who could find themselves hauled into foreign courts. Given we have a huge overseas presence (compared to other countries), particularly military - I'm not sure I like this possibility for our people.

Well of course, if Congress is going to put aside the partisanship it is going to be for a bad reason.

How do Republicans demand we get out of the United Nations because 'they are tryin' t' take 'r sov'rin'tee', but then vote for this bill which would allow the US to be sued for everything under the sun by Saudi Arabia.

I don't know how anyone could vote for this but Republicans in particular who whine daily about 'let's git outta the UN'. The bizzaro world.

First let me start off by saying, everything republicans touch fucks us all in the end and folks that is just fact....NAFTA is one of them. This congress has now allowed 9/11 victims to spend eternity feeding fat lawyers who'll profit the most to sue Saudi for the attacks on 9/11. Sounds great doesn't it? But guess what, this law also enables the US to be sued for the drone attacks, the mistaken attacks, our soldiers mistakes, etc....another venue that tie up the courts enable fat lawyers to prosper endlessly in court and perhaps have some victories....taken valuable tax dollars away from us. Tax payers already have forked over 2 million per victim of this horrific attack and have provided resources up the ass, more that we give our soldiers and their families.

Pandering politicians wanting votes this Nov. have in fact made us more vulnerable than we will ever imagine....I will say this for the last time, everything GOP politicians touch, fucks us all in the end...when will we ever learn?

This may actually be the BEST freaking accountability measure that we citizens have received in ages.

They can sue for a drone strike hitting a hospital. But nobody is ever gonna pay up.. Just TRY to collect. IN FACT, the 9-11 survivors can drag Saudis into court in NYC, but THEY are never gonna collect money.

It's all about breaking the excuse of govt sovereignty and immunity to find out what the hell happened.
If Pakistan sues us for damages, over some covert op --- Great. American people will find out more about what we were doing flying drones over hospitals. And the 9-11 folks will get the satisfaction of embarrassing the fuck out of the Saudi Royals for secretly funding and aiding that operation.

Very LITTLE chance of money getting exchanged. Think of it as an International version of a FOIA request.

There is a downside to it, and that is repercussions against our soldiers and diplomats overseas who could find themselves hauled into foreign courts. Given we have a huge overseas presence (compared to other countries), particularly military - I'm not sure I like this possibility for our people.

The wide margin in Congress is because of the 28 pages of the 9-11 report that have been held secret for 12 years. People in Congress know that there is a chain of evidence that leads to direct Saudi involvement in 9-11. What WE do with this bill is to narrowly limit the right to sue to terrorist acts committed on American soil. These are not (or supposed to be not) Nation State attacks. So if there is no evidence of Nation state involvement -- there is no loss of Sovereign Immunity for ANY nation on the Planet.

So I suppose -- any retribution for this LIMITED scope of legal recourse would have to escalate the bar by a HIGH amount. To include the military, intelligence, diplomatic actions of a country that is not hiding anything. Supposedly -- like the US. Unless of course, we ARE hiding something.

Probably the only folks that have to worry are the CIA and any "proxy armies" that we set up not acting in an official USA role of global defense.

Actually -- the same legal power NOW EXISTS for civilians to sue state connections for terrorist acts in the Homeland. But it only applies to the few states officially designated as "terrorist nations"..

The wide margin in Congress is because of the 28 pages of the 9-11 report that have been held secret for 12 years. People in Congress know that there is a chain of evidence that leads to direct Saudi involvement in 9-11. What WE do with this bill is to narrowly limit the right to sue to terrorist acts committed on American soil. These are not (or supposed to be not) Nation State attacks. So if there is no evidence of Nation state involvement -- there is no loss of Sovereign Immunity for ANY nation on the Planet.

So I suppose -- any retribution for this LIMITED scope of legal recourse would have to escalate the bar by a HIGH amount. To include the military, intelligence, diplomatic actions of a country that is not hiding anything.

Probably the only folks that have to worry are the CIA and any "proxy armies" that we set up not acting in an official role of global defense.

Actually -- the same legal power NOW EXISTS for civilians to sue state connections for terrorist acts in the Homeland. But it only applies to the few states officially designated as "terrorist nations"..

What I wonder about is this line: "What WE do with this bill is to narrowly limit the right to sue to terrorist acts committed on American soil."

What is to stop any country from deciding some action, committed on their soil, by one of our people, is a terrorist act? It opens up a can of worms and I think that is why the President vetoed it.

So I suppose -- any retribution for this LIMITED scope of legal recourse would have to escalate the bar by a HIGH amount. To include the military, intelligence, diplomatic actions of a country that is not hiding anything.

Probably the only folks that have to worry are the CIA and any "proxy armies" that we set up not acting in an official role of global defense.

What I wonder about is this line: "What WE do with this bill is to narrowly limit the right to sue to terrorist acts committed on American soil."

What is to stop any country from deciding some action, committed on their soil, by one of our people, is a terrorist act? It opens up a can of worms and I think that is why the President vetoed it.

If that act IS considered a terrorist act -- they lose immediately if the action was DIRECTLY ordered and carried out by the US military or diplomatic corps. You don't SUE over those things. You go to war anyways.

But say those yokels we trained in Syria to fight Assad (all 5 of them :rolleyes:) decide to go raid a refugee camp looking for loyalists and end up causing a massacre. There was no official US military or diplomatic action, but we armed and trained them and supported them on the battlefield. Probably, we'd never hear about it unless there is transparency by legal discovery and due process.

Pretty certain things like Abu Gharib prison abuses and illegal actions by OUR military are already treated seriously and dealt with by other International Law.......

American citizens have sued other countries. Americans have won judgments against Iran and Libya over the Lockerbie bombing. So this has nothing to do with people suing the US for mistakes or drone strikes.

This is all about obama's personal loyalty to Saudi Arabia.

What amount did they actually collect?

Certain figures within the Saudi government and no doubt all Saudi clerics advocate for the "killing" of all infidels, which includes us. This preaching convinces their flocks to take violent actions against infidels, thus we end up with tragedies like 9/11, as well as countless other barbaric acts in the name of Islam. Every time we fill up at the gas station (depending upon which gas company you deal with), you feed money to Arabian governments, as well as fund the construction of more mosques and inflammatory clerics who preach from them. Basically, we're indirectly killing ourselves.
We need to cease purchasing our gas from companies that get their oil from Arab countries. We also need to sue Saudi Arabia for its part in fomenting the hatred and violence.

You do know how a override of a veto works right?

So can you explain to me why so many Democratic Politicians also voted to override the veto and had they not then the override would have never happened!?!

Let see what nonsense you will spew!

Which Democratic Politicians?

Like someone told you look it up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/u...ide-obama-veto-on-9-11-victims-bill.html?_r=0

When the lone Democratic Senator to vote against the Override was Harry Reid, well that tell you that Democratic Senators in a majority went against President Obama and then you have the Democratic House Members that also voted to override the veto...

So before the Progressive left start complaining about the GOP House and Senate, they ( Progressive Left ) should look at their own politicians and ask why so many from the Democratic party voted to override the veto and then bitch at those politicians!

I know how dare I not just pretend it is all the GOP fault!

So can you explain to me why so many Democratic Politicians also voted to override the veto and had they not then the override would have never happened!?!

ITS AN ELECTION YEAR YOU FOOL.....AND NOBODY PANDERS MORE THAN COWARDLY DEMOCRATS AFRAID TO FIND REAL JOBS OUTSIDE OF WASHINGTON.

So they're whoring themselves like typical politicians!?!

You should first complain about them before bitching about the GOP!

Without the Democratic Senators and House members the veto override would have failed...

Which Democratic Politicians?

Like someone told you look it up:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/29/u...ide-obama-veto-on-9-11-victims-bill.html?_r=0

When the lone Democratic Senator to vote against the Override was Harry Reid, well that tell you that Democratic Senators in a majority went against President Obama and then you have the Democratic House Members that also voted to override the veto...

So before the Progressive left start complaining about the GOP House and Senate, they ( Progressive Left ) should look at their own politicians and ask why so many from the Democratic party voted to override the veto and then bitch at those politicians!

I know how dare I not just pretend it is all the GOP fault!

Are you saying that the left was the only vote against?

But you Democrats say we paid terrorist state Iran billions because we were going to lose a lawsuit.

Fuck your world courts. They want it they can invade America for it.

Seeing as Republicans don't have a super majority, is the OP going to call out the Dems that also voted to override the veto ? Nah the OP is just a Liberal shrill who grasps any opportunity to attack Republicans while ignoring the same behavior by Democrats. Typical its only ok if a Lib is doing the deed.

Only one Senate Democrat voted against this President Obamas pet lap dog Harry Reid. Also large Democrat support in the House if you think the override is a fuck up fine but just remember it's a bipartisan fuck up and to share the blame accordingly.

You've got nothing in your pockets, so what do you care?

Forum List

Back