Zone1 the usual insults against Catholics

let us talk about the US then
Religion in the USA is a major topic - due to all these radical/antiquated Protestant subsections aka sects and their members reigning into politics, additionally to radical Catholics. As such it is not simply Christians and their believes - but their radical/extremist sects and factions.

I don't see this happening in e.g. today's Europe.

Not really an insult...more like a big fat WTF?

Worshipping the woman chosen to be the mother of Christ, as if she were on par or just as important as God himself. She isn't. She was a vessel.

Worshipping a man in expensive cloth with bejeweled fingers and pointy "crown", groveling at his feet as if he were God himself. He isn't. He is just a man. Kinda like the golden calf Moses got so pissed off about while he was up on the mountain speaking to THE GOD himself.

Telling beads. Telling them what? Punishment by hail mary's. Why mary? God said put nothing ahead of him. Catholics do it all the time.

Confession. To a man. A non perfect man. Confession and asking forgiveness is for God's ears...not some dude in a cubicle.

I could go on, but I'm sure the sheep will be here soon to put me in my place for daring to utter such things.

you have put yourself in a certain shameful place … the place of a fanatic.

no need for anybody to put you there,

and there is no courage or daring involved in what you say,

funny that by talking about some stupid insults the reaction was a lot of worse und hateful insults.

i did not expect thatv such old fanatism would be stillmpossible today

There is the start of the Concentration Camps
It's naive and ridiculous, trying to indicate that more Protestants or more Catholics supported the NSDAP - since both had their equal share in ignoring, supporting or opposing the NSDAP towards it's policy and dogmas.

It is however a fact, that the person who revived and promoted antisemitism in the newly founded German Reich (1871) was German Emperor Wilhelm II from 1888 onward - a "Protestant", thus he also fully supported Zionists in their attempt to establish a Jewish homeland in then Ottoman ruled Palestine.

Germans talking about religion is a bit farcical. Essentially none of them go to Church. The German churches I have attended had a few white-hairs, a very few young women with children, some brown colored foreigners and American/Canadian tourists. That's it. No actual adult Germans of working age or even high school age (yeah, I know Germans don't have "high school").

In a sense this is understandable. The churches utterly failed the German people in the run-up to WWII and during that conflict. How can one look to spiritual leadership from such a failed group? (This is all sophistry, of course. Germans are just too self-absorbed to participate in a religious community).

For those who like to mock the "follies" of the Catholic Church...the honoring of Mary, the statues, confession, whatever, you need to look a little closer. For those who are actually interested it is all based on Scripture and Tradition dating to the very early Church. None of it is made up.

Why do Prods always bring up the Inquisition, but never mention the years when Prod monarchs in England executed Catholics for their religion? Slipped their minds, I suppose.

No living person is "saved." This is theological poppycock. Your eternal fate is determined at the moment of death, not forty years earlier when you walked up to a stage and "accepted Christ as your personal Lord and Savior." This is infinitely more preposterous than your claim that priests cannot forgive sins in the confessional.

I have never been insulted by anyone mocking the Church or mocking me for being a practicing Catholic. Most of such people are idiots, and those who are willing to engage have nothing backing them but a few Bible verses that they have memorized.

FWIW I have a single tattoo on my body. An Irish cross prominently displayed on my right forearm. If people don't like it, that's their problem.

Told you so, in regards to religious radical/extremists in today's USA. :smoke:

i see now, how right you are with it!

i would not have believed that such an amount of combined stupidity and hatred is possible, as i had to see here.

on this day in 2019 Notre Dame on Paris burned

even atheists wept at the sight

but fundamental so.called Christians mocked and cheered .
…..

The best religion is none at all. God speaks to you, guides you, loves you in a personal matter and speaks to you IF you LISTEN to Him. Not what some dude standing at a pulpit says because it is all OPINION on what passages say in the Bible; interprets what HE (or she) claims that passages really means (again, OPINION).

But thats just my opinion. Y'all do whatever floats your proverbial boat, or "tickles your own ears".

The best religion is none at all. God speaks to you, guides you, loves you in a personal matter and speaks to you IF you LISTEN to Him. Not what some dude standing at a pulpit says because it is all OPINION on what passages say in the Bible; interprets what HE (or she) claims that passages really means (again, OPINION).

But thats just my opinion. Y'all do whatever floats your proverbial boat, or "tickles your own ears".
"God" - only speaks to believers!!! aka solely to those believers of the Desert religions, believing (imagining) that God is talking to them.
In order to believe in God, one must therefore believe into those by humans, self-written and composed books - the Bible/OT, NT and the Koran.
One who doesn't believe in a God, aka the "concept" of a God (e.g. me) is simply an atheist.

Those who claim that they believe in a "higher being" but refute the respective Churches teachings - are solely Christians that belong to sects/splinter-groups without recognition amongst those innumerable already existing Christian sects/factions. They are just too afraid to admit it, aka afraid of being termed heretics by those other "recognized" believers.

Last edited:
"God" - only speaks to believers!!! aka solely to those believers of the Desert religions, believing (imagining) that God is talking to them.
In order to believe in God, one must therefore believe into those by humans, self-written and composed books - the Bible/OT, NT and the Koran.
One who doesn't believe in a God, aka the "concept" of a God (e.g. me) is simply an atheist.

Those who claim that they believe in a "higher being" but refute the respective Churches teachings - are solely Christians that belong to sects/splinter-groups without recognition amongst those innumerable already existing Christian sects/factions. They are just too afraid to admit it, aka afraid of being termed heretics by those other "recognized" believers.
Hogwash. Just more "opinion" from yet another schmuck who tries to speak for God. It's nobody's business what my relationship with God is except God Himself and me. You mean diddly squat in the grand scheme of things.

That neither you nor any other "simplistic mind" is able to proof the existence of a God - aka his errant belief based on a fantasy and wishful thinking is understood. Therefore a reply such as your: yapyapyapf: doesn't come as a surprise at all.

Due to all these inconsistencies and "proven" plain lies, taught by these Desert religions and their innumerable subsections and sects, it also doesn't come as a surprise at all - that these Believers are constantly attacking each other - much to my daily amusement.

So please do carry on - thanks

That neither you nor any other "simplistic mind" is able to proof the existence of a God - aka his errant belief based on a fantasy and wishful thinking is understood. Therefore a reply such as your: yapyapyapf: doesn't come as a surprise at all.

Due to all these inconsistencies and "proven" plain lies, taught by these Desert religions and their innumerable subsections and sects, it also doesn't come as a surprise at all - that these Believers are constantly attacking each other - much to my daily amusement.

So please do carry on - thanks
Once upon a time, I would have argued your idiotic "commentary". Now? I just roll my eyes thusly :rolleyes:. You do whatever tickles your ear, bubba. But I will say that for someone determined to undermine those who do believe makes me wonder if thou dost protest too much your own blatherings. So YOU carry on. It does not amuse me whatsoever but then again, I'd have to care what your thoughts are in order to be amused. You're nothing to me. Toodles.

Forum List

Back