The USA Of Hate

And if they want to assimilate and accept our core AMERICAN values, welcome aboard. If they cannot or will not do that, and want America to conform to their rules and their values, fuck em. Move back to the fucking desert or be prepared to take the criticism.

I have ZERO problem with this, chanel. I am totally uninterested in being hassled by Muslims on the street for how I am dressed, etc. If there is resistance, I will man the barricades with you, I swear.

But could we please let American Muslims at least try to fit in before we march?

They are fitting in, Madeline, but on this issue that 'this is not the time' is not comparable to fifty years. Those African Americans were willing to emulate the majority path in every way they would be allowed to do so. Then they demanded it. The mosque near ground zero in no way comes near your analogy, I respectfully submit.

And if they want to assimilate and accept our core AMERICAN values, welcome aboard. If they cannot or will not do that, and want America to conform to their rules and their values, fuck em. Move back to the fucking desert or be prepared to take the criticism.

I have ZERO problem with this, chanel. I am totally uninterested in being hassled by Muslims on the street for how I am dressed, etc. If there is resistance, I will man the barricades with you, I swear.

But could we please let American Muslims at least try to fit in before we march?

American Muslims already fit in. They have for decades.

Nope
Those who think that Muslim countries and pro-terrorist attitudes go hand-in-hand might be shocked by new polling research: Americans are more approving of terrorist attacks against civilians than any major Muslim country except for Nigeria.

The survey, conducted in December 2006 by the University of Maryland's prestigious Program on International Public Attitudes, shows that only 46 percent of Americans think that "bombing and other attacks intentionally aimed at civilians" are "never justified," while 24 percent believe these attacks are "often or sometimes justified."

Contrast those numbers with 2006 polling results from the world's most-populous Muslim countries – Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nigeria. Terror Free Tomorrow, the organization I lead, found that 74 percent of respondents in Indonesia agreed that terrorist attacks are "never justified"; in Pakistan, that figure was 86 percent; in Bangladesh, 81 percent.

The myth of Muslim support for terror / The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com

I'm not buying it. I don't believe the average American supports terrorism at all. I have simply talked in person to too many Muslims, chatted on line in this kind of forum and in chat rooms with too many Muslims, worked and played with too many Muslims, and watched too many prominent Muslim interviews on television to believe that Muslims widely condemn terrorist acts committed by Muslims. Lack of support for that is tepid and non committal and non forceful. Probably that is mostly due to the fact that they fear other Muslims if they speak out forcefully.

Again most Muslims are not openly pro-terrorism. But most Muslims also don't openly oppose it. Even our USMB Muslim members don't deny that the Qu'ran intends that the whole world will be subject to Allah. And they don't deny that the Qu'ran condones killing any infidels (i.e. non-believers) as necessary to accomplish that.
I think you need to consider that there are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. So even though you might read of millions of Muslim's support for terrorism, that is a very small percentage.

There are plenty of Muslims that condemn terrorism. It's just their voices are drowned out by the growing anti-Muslim feeling.

A large segment of the Muslim world supports the Palestinians in their struggles against Israel. That support is often framed as a support for terrorism.

Again, I don't doubt that the average Muslim in most places would say "no" if asked if he or she supported terrorism. It is a different story, however, if the question is whether they denounce and oppose a specific terrorist act or specific terrorism in a specific circumstance. Those who will stand up and denounce that are not that easy to find.

As to when it will be time for a mosque near ground zero, that time will be when most Muslims do denounce terrorist acts committed by Muslims (and everybody else) and we no longer have lists of Muslim terrorist acts twenty or thirty times longer than that committed by any other identifiable group.

I'm not buying it. I don't believe the average American supports terrorism at all. I have simply talked in person to too many Muslims, chatted on line in this kind of forum and in chat rooms with too many Muslims, worked and played with too many Muslims, and watched too many prominent Muslim interviews on television to believe that Muslims widely condemn terrorist acts committed by Muslims. Lack of support for that is tepid and non committal and non forceful. Probably that is mostly due to the fact that they fear other Muslims if they speak out forcefully.

Again most Muslims are not openly pro-terrorism. But most Muslims also don't openly oppose it. Even our USMB Muslim members don't deny that the Qu'ran intends that the whole world will be subject to Allah. And they don't deny that the Qu'ran condones killing any infidels (i.e. non-believers) as necessary to accomplish that.
I think you need to consider that there are about 1.5 billion Muslims in the world. So even though you might read of millions of Muslim's support for terrorism, that is a very small percentage.

There are plenty of Muslims that condemn terrorism. It's just their voices are drowned out by the growing anti-Muslim feeling.

A large segment of the Muslim world supports the Palestinians in their struggles against Israel. That support is often framed as a support for terrorism.

Again, I don't doubt that the average Muslim in most places would say "no" if asked if he or she supported terrorism. It is a different story, however, if the question is whether they denounce and oppose a specific terrorist act or specific terrorism in a specific circumstance. Those who will stand up and denounce that are not that easy to find.

As to when it will be time for a mosque near ground zero, that time will be when most Muslims do denounce terrorist acts committed by Muslims (and everybody else) and we no longer have lists of Muslim terrorist acts twenty or thirty times longer than that committed by any other identifiable group.
Muslim leaders around the world have denounced terrorism. Apparently they don’t do it enough for some people. If I were a Muslim, I would not feel obligated to denounce the actions of a bunch terrorist any more so than members of other religions do. I certainly share their feelings about American foreign policy in the Middle East, but that does not mean I support terrorist activities. We see people from Muslim countries demonstrating against the US, banishing their hate America signs. The world is filled with people that hate the US government, many are here in the US, but that does not make them terrorist supporters.

I disagree wholeheartedly with your argument. Muslim extremist terrorism is identified with Islam. Similarly, to the extent that lynching in our South was identified with Christian evangelicals and fundamentalists, Christian ministers denounced the race killers as not representative of Christ. So must American Muslims denounce jihadists as not representative of Allah.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back