The USA Of Hate

Several states have proposed legislation preventing such an occurrence. That's not Islamophobia. Its preventative medicine.

What do such laws entail? May we have a link, so we can read them?

Most people do not realize, however, that, along with Tennessee, Louisiana already took the lead in preventing Shariah from creeping into our legal system with a new law which has been nicknamed “American and Louisiana Laws for Louisiana Courts.”

This law, Act 714 of the regular Louisiana 2010 legislative session, was a collaborative effort by Rep. Ernest Wooton and Senator Danny Martiny. Governor Bobby Jindal’s office was aware of this bill and its intent from the earliest stages and the governor dispatched staff to appear in support of the bill in committee:

The key passage in this important piece of legislation explains its intent and effect:

“The legislature finds that it shall be the public policy of this state to protect its citizens from the application of foreign laws when the application of a foreign law will result in the violation of a right guaranteed by the constitution of this state or of the United States, including but not limited to due process, freedom of religion, speech, or press, and any right of privacy or marriage as specifically defined by the constitution of this state.”

Because Shariah is inherently violative of the basic constitutional liberties which Americans hold dear, this law arms judges and attorneys with the tool they need to prevent anything such as happened in Maryland and New Jersey from happening in Louisiana.

Act 714 is now model legislation for the rest of the country and has already been used by legislators in states from coast to coast to prepare legislation in the 2011 legislative session.

The Hayride Louisiana At Leading Edge In Fight Against Shariah

Madeline - why did you title this thread "The US of Hate"?

I have no quarrel with the Louisana law, as best I understand it. An American Muslim is, for many legal purposes, first and foremost an American and his or her rights cannot be waived away by someone else asserting they both share the same faith.

I prolly should have titled this thread something else; I was frustrated at the mealy-mouths who bash Islam but refuse to admit they are encouraging prejudice and want to see restrictions placed on the freedoms of American Muslims.

Why did you title this thread "The USA of Hate?" Is that your way of insulting America?

Of course not, Pale. I was asking the USMB-ers who so adamantly claim we "must stop Muslims" from following Islam in this country just exactly how they want the First Amendment, etc., rewritten.

Well you didn't have to title the thread "The USA of Hate" for that.

When you do things like that, it just makes me sit back and wonder if you "hate" America as so many other lefties do. I mean you are here arguing in favor of giving a foreign religion with barbaric bloody practices and linked to terrorism to be welcomed with open arms in America. Why? What could possibly be your motive, your reasoning? Is it your desire to see America weakened, or turned into something other than American in tradition? DO YOU hate America?

Anybody who hates is taking their views too seriously. Hate always involves a grudge.

If you 'hate lefties' or 'hate righties' it means you have a serious grudge with people who espouse views different from your own.

Last edited:
Sharia courts would "respect the establisment of religion."

Not unless they only dealt with religious issues, Revere. E.g., excommunication, reconciliation, etc. If they attempted to cope with domestic violence, other criminal acts and family law, they'd usurp the jurisdiction of the US courts. I don't see that ever passing constititutional muster here.

Religious issues are legal issues in Islam.

And by your measure, interfering with the application of sharia law would be interfering with their constitutionally protected freedom of religion.

If you emigrate to the US (or are born here and convert), you have to accept that the US prohibits such atrocities as amputation of limbs for thieves and stoning deaths for adulterors. The Sharia courts are more'n welcome to decide which marriage is to be respected as a religious union, or where a congregant's remains should be buried. They are not free to hand out barbaric punishments for acts that are not crimes under US law and expect that Americans, their law enforcement or their judiciary will look the other way.

We are not going to have enclaves inside our cities or states that are ruled by Sharia Law and not US law. I think worrying about this is goofy, but if supporting preventive laws makes anyone feel more secure, I'm good with that. What I am not good with is trying to block the building of a mosque, etc. out of fear that those people will someoday break the law. That is un-American, and I won't do it.

Why did you title this thread "The USA of Hate?" Is that your way of insulting America?

Of course not, Pale. I was asking the USMB-ers who so adamantly claim we "must stop Muslims" from following Islam in this country just exactly how they want the First Amendment, etc., rewritten.

When you do things like that, it just makes me sit back and wonder if you "hate" America as so many other lefties do. I mean you are here arguing in favor of giving a foreign religion with barbaric bloody practices and linked to terrorism to be welcomed with open arms in America. Why? What could possibly be your motive, your reasoning? Is it your desire to see America weakened, or turned into something other than American in tradition? DO YOU hate America?

The religion is not "foreign" to those Americans who are Muslim, Pale. I treasure this country's freedoms, and want everyone who follows the law to enjoy them. I apologize for the title of this thread; I was frustrated and should have chosen my words more carefully.

What I am not good with is trying to block the building of a mosque, etc. out of fear that those people will someoday break the law. That is un-American, and I won't do it.

I got news for ya Maddie, it ain't "fear," it's good ole fashioned SKEPTICISM, and for damn good reason, topped with a large dose of RESPECT FOR THE DEAD at the hands of MUSLIMS.

I'm amazed you can so flippantly overlook those issues every time you say what you say.

Last edited:
There are people in the US who oppose Sharia Law but want to criminalize homosexuality. There's not much difference to Sharia, in my opinon, when you legislate morality based on your own religious biases.

There are people in the US who oppose Sharia Law but want to criminalize homosexuality. There's not much difference to Sharia, in my opinon, when you legislate morality based on your own religious biases.

I'm less than thrilled at some of the tenets of Islam, Sky Dancer. I would be enraged if a GLBT person were attacked by American Muslims. I hate to see the clock turned back. But if Imams teach their congregants in the US that they must respect the rights of others, and their beliefs cannot be force-fed to non-Muslims, I can live with them.

I already live with fundamentalist christians, so what's the difference?

The religion is not "foreign" to those Americans who are Muslim, Pale. I treasure this country's freedoms, and want everyone who follows the law to enjoy them. I apologize for the title of this thread; I was frustrated and should have chosen my words more carefully.

Yes Maddie, islam is a foreign religion. America was founded on and remains a vast, huge majority Christian nation.

So tell me, is this what you want to see in America? Is this what you'd teach your kids to do? Is this what you feel the need to so vehemently defend? Here's your muslims. Lovely aye?

lebanonmuslims.jpg

bloodyzq.jpg

Last edited:

I'm less than thrilled at some of the tenets of Islam, Sky Dancer. I would be enraged if a GLBT person were attacked by American Muslims. I hate to see the clock turned back. But if Imams teach their congregants in the US that they must respect the rights of others, and their beliefs cannot be force-fed to non-Muslims, I can live with them.

What's the difference between fundamentalist Islamists and fundamentalist Christians in America? Not much. Internationally, fundamentalist Muslims appear to be more violent.

We even have fundamentalist Buddhists who are violent in Sri Lanka.

Fundamentalism, in general, is problematic, IMO.

I can GUARANTEE YOU Madeline, THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. They'll teach what all muslims believe or nothing at all, and in the world of islam, homosexuals are to be KILLED, or at least SHUNNED.

If you can't see any difference between Christianity and islam, then there really isn't any more reason to debate with you. You're a lost cause.

Last edited:

Yes Maddie, islam is a foreign religion. America was founded on and remains a vast, huge majority Christian nation.

So tell me, is this what you want to see in America? Is this what you'd teach your kids to do? Is this what you feel the need to so vehemently defend? Here's your muslims. Lovely aye?

Americans are free to practice the faith they wish, Pale. Are you prepared to deprive your fellow citizens of that right? Not all of us are christians....though doubtless there will always be a majority who are.

Why do you have so little faith in our constitution?

Fundamentalist Christians in Texas want to re-criminalize homosexuality. I don't see them being much different from Muslims.

Fundamentalist Christians want to criminalize abortion as murder. Some states murder carries the death penalty.

I can GUARANTEE YOU Madeline, THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. They'll teach what all muslims believe or nothing at all, and in the world of islam, homosexuals are to be KILLED, or at least SHUNNED.

If you can't see any difference between Christianity and islam, then there really isn't any more reason to debate with you. You're a lost cause.

I'm not aware of any GLBT person murdered in the US by American Muslims, are you Pale? If such a crime occurs, we have courts and prisons to cope with it....t'aint like murders are a new phenomena in the US. Even religiously-motivated murders.

Americans are free to practice the faith they wish, Pale. Are you prepared to deprive your fellow citizens of that right? Not all of us are christians....though doubtless there will always be a majority who are.

I won't respond to what you're saying if you don't respond to what I've said. This will never get anywhere... I quit.

You seem to have an already predisposed opinion about islam. You're in favor of it coming to America and you welcome it with open arms. I DON'T!

I guess I'll leave it at that on this issue with you.

Maybe Pale has faith in Glenn Beck's constitution and not the 14 amendments to it.

I'm not aware of any GLBT person murdered in the US by American Muslims, are you Pale? If such a crime occurs, we have courts and prisons to cope with it....t'aint like murders are a new phenomena in the US. Even religiously-motivated murders.

First you say you're not good with it, now it sounds as though you're just blowing it off... so what.

Whatever.. I give up. Your mind is already made up about this issue.

I won't respond to what you're saying if you don't respond to what I've said. This will never get anywhere... I quit.

You seem to have an already predisposed opinion about islam. You're in favor of it coming to America and you welcome it with open arms. I DON'T!

You miss Madeline's point. Muslims are already living in America and free to practice their faith.

What is YOUR problem with that?

Maybe Pale has faith in Glenn Beck's constitution and not the 14 amendments to it.

Maybe you should ask me instead of stirring the pot. You want this discussion to turn into a flame thread? No? Then don't start it.

You miss Madeline's point. Muslims are already living in America and free to practice their faith.

What is YOUR problem with that?

I'm not missing jack shit. I know exactly what she's saying.

However, she is missing MY point. You notice that? No. You're a liberal too and you don't turn on your kind.... :eusa_hand:

Forum List

Back