The US Women vs. Japan!

BTW what's with the fucking stupid asterisks **** going on here?

If I want to fucking swear it's not any mother fucker's right to censor me.

And the word s h i t is blocked but the word F U C K comes through.

That's fucking stupid no?

I would have had more respect for the ladies if they'd done something similar to the 1976 US Men's Olympic Basketball team, but that would probably be too much to expect. If you don't know THAT story, look it up. It makes the 1980 Miracle on Ice event even more poignant.

vomiting-pumpkin.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jos
Congratulations to Japan. Great game.

That said, penalty kicks is a TERRIBLE way for a game of this magnitude to be decided.

I say it would be better to play sudden death 'til your legs fall off...

Last edited:

****, really? :eusa_eh:

That said, penalty kicks is a TERRIBLE way for a game of this magnitude to be decided.

Agreed, they should play 15 minute periods until somebody scores and that's it. Which the US team did, they scored first in OT, gameshoulda been over right then. Penalty kicks are not the way you want the world championship to be decided. Not sour grapes either, I'd say the same if the situation was reversed. Congrats tot he Japanese, they stepped up when they had to.

Uncle Ferd enjoyed seein' dem womens runnin' around, bouncin' onna field...
:eusa_drool:
Crisis-weary Japan lifted by World Cup victory
July 18, 2011 : After months of tragedy following earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear fallout, Japan finally got some good news: a historic win against the US – on their 26th attempt.
Japan beat the US, taking the Women’s World Cup soccer championship in a penalty shoot-out Sunday night in Germany, a victory that is being savored back home where good news has been in short supply. After coming from behind twice, Japan finally got a win against the US – on their 26th attempt. Japan beat the US on penalty kicks 3-1 after the final ended 2-2. The match was full of the kind of open attacking football that has been conspicuous by its absence in recent men’s World Cup finals.

Japanese fans who woke up early, or stayed up late to watch the match, which kicked off at 3.45 a.m. local time, were rewarded with seeing the Japan women’s team become the first Asian side to win a world title at any level. Monday was designated a national holiday in Japan, Marine day, which meant sports bars in Tokyo were still full of fans singing happily at 7 a.m. “I can’t believe they’re the world champions, it was fantastic the way they never gave up,” says Risa Matsumoto, who watched the game at her local bar in Tokyo. “It makes me proud as a Japanese woman.”

The players dedicated their performances to the victims of the devastating March 11 earthquake and subsequent tsunami, and said they drew inspiration from the hardships faced in disaster-hit areas. Manager Norio Sasaki showed slides of the destruction to the team before last weekend’s victorious quarter-final against hosts and two-time champion Germany. “It’s only a small thing compared to what happened in March, but it was good to have something to feel hopeful about – it was the first time since the disaster,” says Hitomi Mizune, who got up to watch the game at home with her young son.

“Seeing the TV news reports of the people in the disaster areas getting excited about the game made me realize that it really can have that kind of positive effect,” says Ms. Mizune. Many in Japan are hoping the "feel-good factor" will translate into enough spending to help lift an economy struggling to recover from the March disasters and electricity shortages caused by the subsequent nuclear crisis. One report in the local media today estimated the victory could boost economic activity by 1 trillion yen, or $12.5 billion.

Never-say-die spirit

I'm with you on that one.

Play till someone scores.

I would have had more respect for the ladies if they'd done something similar to the 1976 US Men's Olympic Basketball team, but that would probably be too much to expect. If you don't know THAT story, look it up. It makes the 1980 Miracle on Ice event even more poignant.

I remember that, thats when the US Mens team was robbed doing to some error with the clock, and they refused their silver medals right?

***** D a r th ?

I remember that, thats when the US Mens team was robbed doing to some error with the clock, and they refused their silver medals right?

It wasn't a clock error. It was a decided attempt by the officials to give the Soviets THREE chances to win that game, which they eventually did in one of the most disgusting displays of officiating interference in Olympic history. Then again the man in charge of the the Olympic Basketball tournament had commented before the games that he didn't want to see the US win.

NONE of those silver medals have EVER been collected. They sit in a vault at the IOC building. The IOC every 10 years or so sends out letters about them. The standard response is.... "If you want to give me my Gold medal great, otherwise go pound sand." Most of the US Basketball players have it written into their wills that their descendents are not allowed to collect the silver medal either.

It wasn't a clock error. It was a decided attempt by the officials to give the Soviets THREE chances to win that game, which they eventually did in one of the most disgusting displays of officiating interference in Olympic history. Then again the man in charge of the the Olympic Basketball tournament had commented before the games that he didn't want to see the US win.

NONE of those silver medals have EVER been collected. They sit in a vault at the IOC building. The IOC every 10 years or so sends out letters about them. The standard response is.... "If you want to give me my Gold medal great, otherwise go pound sand." Most of the US Basketball players have it written into their wills that their descendents are not allowed to collect the silver medal either.

I applaude the team for taking that stand, US players are screwed by the refs routinely in international competition. During the last world cup the US scored a goal on Slovenia to go up 3-2 and the referee from the Islamic Nation of Mali waived it off and called it off sides, when it totally was not.

USA women were 22-0-3 against Japan before the World Cup final.

Not a fluke.

USA should have won something like 5-1.

Japan gets their 2nd goal on a corner kick???

Give me a break.

2nd shortest team in the tourney - 5'4" ave. Would wager the USA average is about 5'9".

USA women were 22-0-3 against Japan before the World Cup final.

Not a fluke.

USA should have won something like 5-1.

Japan gets their 2nd goal on a corner kick???

Give me a break.

2nd shortest team in the tourney - 5'4" ave. Would wager the USA average is about 5'9".

The first goal Japan scored shouldn't have happened, the US player took the ball and tossed to it to her team mate right in front of the goal after the goalie went down, when she should have blasted that shit out of bounds.

US basketball team my ass!!!!

Only if it is the United States of Zimbabwe!!

08_moly_team.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry folks

That was just a joke based on the fact that the US basketball team DOES NOT represent the demographics of the United States.

If America's basketball were so overwhelmingly dominated by hispanics I'd have no problem making a similar joke:

The United States of Bolivia or the United States of Paraguay, etc, etc...

That was just in good fun. :lol: :lol:

THE IGNORE LIST

CURRENT MEMBERS: 71
NEWEST MEMBER: José
CHANGE TODAY:+1/-0

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

José;3889160 said:
Sorry folks

That was just a joke based on the fact that the US basketball team DOES NOT represent the demographics of the United States.

If America's basketball were so overwhelmingly dominated by hispanics I'd have no problem making a similar joke:

The United States of Bolivia or the United States of Paraguay, etc, etc...

That was just in good fun. :lol: :lol:

:) Okay then. But those black guys on the team are Americans and no sports team is likely to match the demographics of the USA. The fact is only a few white men can jump and a lot of black guys can. I prefer to look for excellence instead of trying to match demographics. :)

Forum List

Back