The US Women vs. Japan!

Originally posted by Foxfyre
:) Okay then. But those black guys on the team are Americans and no sports team is likely to match the demographics of the USA. The fact is only a few white men can jump and a lot of black guys can. I prefer to look for excellence instead of trying to match demographics. :)

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

José;3889154 said:
I remember that, thats when the US Mens team was robbed doing to some error with the clock, and they refused their silver medals right?

It wasn't a clock error. It was a decided attempt by the officials to give the Soviets THREE chances to win that game, which they eventually did in one of the most disgusting displays of officiating interference in Olympic history. Then again the man in charge of the the Olympic Basketball tournament had commented before the games that he didn't want to see the US win.

NONE of those silver medals have EVER been collected. They sit in a vault at the IOC building. The IOC every 10 years or so sends out letters about them. The standard response is.... "If you want to give me my Gold medal great, otherwise go pound sand." Most of the US Basketball players have it written into their wills that their descendents are not allowed to collect the silver medal either.

US basketball team my ass!!!!

Only if it is the United States of Zimbabwe!!

08_moly_team.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

USA Basketball has to send the best they have Jose, if our best players are Black, Hispanic, Asian etc I don't really care, send them. Our US Hockey teams are predominantly white, and don't reflect the demographics of the US either.

José;3889160 said:
Sorry folks

That was just a joke based on the fact that the US basketball team DOES NOT represent the demographics of the United States.

If America's basketball were so overwhelmingly dominated by hispanics I'd have no problem making a similar joke:

The United States of Bolivia or the United States of Paraguay, etc, etc...

That was just in good fun. :lol: :lol:

:) Okay then. But those black guys on the team are Americans and no sports team is likely to match the demographics of the USA. The fact is only a few white men can jump and a lot of black guys can. I prefer to look for excellence instead of trying to match demographics. :)

Y'all need to keep an eye on my boy Kevin Love, best rebounder in the game and future star, he had the first 31 point/31 rebound game since Moses Malone in 1982.

KevinLoveUSA.jpg

José;3889160 said:
Sorry folks

That was just a joke based on the fact that the US basketball team DOES NOT represent the demographics of the United States.

If America's basketball were so overwhelmingly dominated by hispanics I'd have no problem making a similar joke:

The United States of Bolivia or the United States of Paraguay, etc, etc...

That was just in good fun. :lol: :lol:

Y'all need to keep an eye on my boy Kevin Love, best rebounder in the game and future star, he had the first 31 point/31 rebound game since Moses Malone in 1982.

KevinLoveUSA.jpg

And Love plays for the next "it" teams! :razz:

KevinLoveUSA.jpg

And Love plays for the next "it" teams! :razz:

I hope so, I'm a Celtics fan but I wouldn't mind a small market team like the T-Wolves getting the next few championships instead of the usual suspects like LA, they are going to get some players in there to keep Love around though when its his turn for free agency.

Larry Bird laughs at you all!

bird_1024768.jpg

I love Larry Bird, I was too young to really watch him play but I watched some of his old games, I watched game 4 of the 1984 NBA Finals with Boston vs LA yesterday and the man was a beast, best small forward to ever lace them up.

larry-bird.jpg

bird_1024768.jpg

I love Larry Bird, I was too young to really watch him play but I watched some of his old games, I watched game 4 of the 1984 NBA Finals with Boston vs LA yesterday and the man was a beast, best small forward to ever lace them up.

larry-bird.jpg

Yeah, I'm glad he came back to Indiana and is running the Pacers now. He loves his Celtics, but his heart is back home in Indiana, where he belongs!

bird_1024768.jpg

larry-bird.jpg

Yeah, I'm glad he came back to Indiana and is running the Pacers now. He loves his Celtics, but his heart is back home in Indiana, where he belongs!

If he tried to run the Celtics there would be too much pressure to win championships, they would have been expecting that as soon as he walked in the door in Boston. Larry Bird is fine in Indiana, hell when he was coaching his Pacers took the 98 Bulls to 7 games and almost dispatched them.

bird_1024768.jpg

larry-bird.jpg

Isn't ESPN Classic great!!!
A couple of weeks ago I watched a playoff series game between the Celtics and the Bulls in 1986, it went two overtimes and Jordan scoured 63 points,,,,but the Celtics won! :clap2:

Last edited:

bird_1024768.jpg

larry-bird.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I watched a playoff series game between the Celtics and the Bulls in 1986, it went two overtimes and Jordan scoured 63 points,,,,but the Celtics won! :clap2:

That 1986 Celtics team was one of the best in NBA history.

larry-bird.jpg

No kidding! As 1986 was pre-T-Wolves time, my best friend and I were Celtic fanatics (that when I got my Clover leaf tat). We taped all the games of the finals. Now if a person could ever find a VHS player!! :confused: Thank God for ESPN Classic!
What amazes me is that every time I watch that specifc game, the Celtics win in 2 OT's! :lol: Their friggen amazing!

No kidding! As 1986 was pre-T-Wolves time, my best friend and I were Celtic fanatics (that when I got my Clover leaf tat). We taped all the games of the finals. Now if a person could ever find a VHS player!! :confused: Thank God for ESPN Classic!
What amazes me is that every time I watch that specifc game, the Celtics win in 2 OT's! :lol: Their friggen amazing!

If the Celtics even win another championship I am going to get a Celtics logo tatoo, but the way this looks now I may have to wait 35 years before I get the chance to do it.:( I think if the 2008 Celtics had gotten together 3-4 years earlier, they would also be considered a Celtics great team and they would have more titles. Now it looks like they are going to tap out with just 1 and its a shame because they definently deserve more championships, and Lebron does not deserve to ever win a title.:evil:

Forum List

Back