The Upside of the Sequester - A Democratic Congress after 2014.

Never too late to start the hate, right?

The "hate" will develop on it's own, as more and more folks are kicked off their employer's HC plan, and/or shifted to part-time to avoid the penalties, and see their own premiums continuing to rise. And as young folks suddenly realize they're in on this as well. No more going "bare" (without HC) when you're in your 20s.

It's gonna get ugly IMO. Already there' a doctor shortage, and no good fixes in the works.

No it's not.

You have a few disgruntled employers taking out their frustration with the whole thing on employees.

Most of which can get all sorts of exemptions from the ACA or would be able to stagger it.

It's grandstanding bullshit..and nothing more.

Yes, Obama's pals are getting exemptions, in violation of "equal protection", and it's FAR more than a few "disgruntled employees". Just wait and see, Julia.

There's SO many violations of the Constitution occurring under this Regime that we can't keep up with them all!

You can make up all the numbers and ratios you want, you said it was 850 billion over 10 years because you believed the 85 billion this year was for each of the 10 years, and YOU were wrong. Man up and admit it.

There was no 1.8 trillion or 3 to 1 ratio in the Budget Control Act of 2011, you just made that shit up like you always do. There were 900+ billion in cuts over 10 years first installment and 1.5 trillion in additional debt reduction of revenue and cuts from the Super-committee. If no agreement was reached by the Super-committee then there would be 1.2 trillion in automatic across the board cuts.

So you already got your 900+ billion in cuts and now another 1.2 trillion, that's over 2.1 trillion in cuts over 10 years. For you to still be 600 billion short of your made up 3 to 1 ratio then Obama should have 900 billion in revenue in hand.

You're not reading digesting a word I am saying , read what I am writing ed not what your hatrack wants to.

I don't give a shit about the budget control act, sequester etc. I am referring to the revenues in exchange for cuts on the 3 to 1 Simpson bowles exchange and what Obama called balance , 3-1 cuts to revenue. He got approx. 65bn in revenues. (the 900 bn debt ceiling deal ? you're nuts )

I am giving him the sequester $$$$, even if he wanted to weasel out of it......he must come up with other cuts to complete the formula. That's at least the third time I have said this to you.
The Budget Control Act came AFTER the Simpson Bowles commission (which was never adopted). The sequester was the BCA, there was no sequester in SB. Since SB you got 900+ billion in cuts and 1.2 in sequester cuts, that's 2.1+ trillion in cuts over 10 years. So that 2.1+ trillion in cuts means that at your not agreed to and not in the law 3 to 1 ratio Obama is entitled to 700+ billion in revenue. You admit he only got 650 billion in revenue, so you owe Obama another 50+ billion in revenue.
Pay up!

the budget control act was the deal for the debt ceiling increase, thatvwasthat deal......... I never said There was a sequester in Simpson Bowles, read what I am writing not what you think you want to read or you want me to say please I beg you.....:cuckoo:

Full stop, new scenario, deal

-3-1 is what Obama adopted, (from sb) he called a balanced approach coming into the big bush tax sunset drama, now hold on to your hat-the tax debate , balanced approach and revenue for cuts argument was lost by the gop and thereby signed by obama 18 months later, jan 3 2013.

He now owes the balance of the balanced approach based on that deal, revenue vs. cuts , 65 bn taken out 10 years x 3...........1.8 trillion and change, period.

You're not reading digesting a word I am saying , read what I am writing ed not what your hatrack wants to.

I don't give a shit about the budget control act, sequester etc. I am referring to the revenues in exchange for cuts on the 3 to 1 Simpson bowles exchange and what Obama called balance , 3-1 cuts to revenue. He got approx. 65bn in revenues. (the 900 bn debt ceiling deal ? you're nuts )

I am giving him the sequester $$$$, even if he wanted to weasel out of it......he must come up with other cuts to complete the formula. That's at least the third time I have said this to you.
The Budget Control Act came AFTER the Simpson Bowles commission (which was never adopted). The sequester was the BCA, there was no sequester in SB. Since SB you got 900+ billion in cuts and 1.2 in sequester cuts, that's 2.1+ trillion in cuts over 10 years. So that 2.1+ trillion in cuts means that at your not agreed to and not in the law 3 to 1 ratio Obama is entitled to 700+ billion in revenue. You admit he only got 650 billion in revenue, so you owe Obama another 50+ billion in revenue.
Pay up!

the budget control act was the deal for the debt ceiling increase, thatvwasthat deal......... I never said There was a sequester in Simpson Bowles, read what I am writing not what you think you want to read or you want me to say please I beg you.....:cuckoo:

Full stop, new scenario, deal

-3-1 is what Obama adopted, (from sb) he called a balanced approach coming into the big bush tax sunset drama, now hold on to your hat-the tax debate , balanced approach and revenue for cuts argument was lost by the gop and thereby signed by obama 18 months later, jan 3 2013.

He now owes the balance of the balanced approach based on that deal, revenue vs. cuts , 65 bn taken out 10 years x 3...........1.8 trillion and change, period.
SB was NEVER adopted, it is NOT the LAW of the land. Since SB has been rejected there has been 2.1+ TRILLION in cuts and 650 billion in revenue, you are still 50 billion short in revenue.
PAY UP!!!!

Cuts or promised cuts for sometime in the future?

And if we are still spending more this year than we did last year; then where are the cuts?

The reason nutballs will get another trashing in 2014 is... well... they are nutballs.

Even most white trash are smart enough to figure it out that God probably isn't behind hard working couples having to work three and four jobs to make it, that nutball economic policy from 1980 on favored the hilariously entitled "job creators" over workers. So, what happens on election day when things are not conducive to nutball fantasies is smart white trash stay home (see, 2012).

If nutballs in congress can't figure out some way to outfox their Lord and Master, Barack Obama, gerrymandering won't save them - they're toast. The GOP are about as close to going the way of the Whigs as any major party has been since Whigs evolved into Republicans.

Think about this: when I say "nutball" in a group of people that includes people who hilariously mis-identify themselves as "Republicans" everyone in the group knows exactly what party is being referenced. There is a message in that, and one suspects the American public is going to be lucky enough that nutballs can't figure it out before 2014.

Last but not least, the average human potential enthusiast, aka, "Democrat" is not a lot higher quality thinker than the average nutball. But at least Democrats get it that paying poor people to be peaceful is better than rampant violence in the streets.

According to your chart, in 2008 62.2% of the population was employed.
Today that's down to 58.6%

Ah yes so instead of taking the money from someone else they borrow it so that they can pay it back by taking it from the unborn generations...Smart move......

Where is the 2 million you lied about?

I do not lie, I read it or heard it somewhere, I will look. But if I was wrong I was wrong. That does not make it a lie. Do tell me you understand the difference.......

When you spread a lie on the internet, it is a lie that you've chosen to own. Only you are responsible for what you post and it's been my experience that you right-wingers will post the same lie again after being corrected. The fact is you right-wingers know you are always making up lies to support your positions and consider it your normal behavior. Boner just claimed the Keystone pipeline has been delayed for 4 years, but it's been operational since 2010 and only one proposed pipeline crossing the Ogallala Aquifer has been delayed. The fact is, they could just follow the existing pipeline, but want to take a shortcut. Remember Cheney saying China was drilling off the Florida coast as he spreaks and was caught in that lie? Speaking of Cheney, how in the hell can you honor the American Legion uniform and know that Bastard lied about WMD in Iraq and caused all those people to be killed?

You are all about lies, you Hypocrite!

Are you denying that the BLS keeps track of replacement workers as a separate count from NEW jobs???

What will it take from the BLS to get you to stop lying?

I want the link with the numbers and the explanation as to your answer in that post.
Here are the BLS replacement worker numbers.

Replacement needs

And here is what the BLS says about new jobs and replacement jobs.

Estimating Occupational Replacement Needs

Projections of job growth provide valuable insight into future employment opportunities because each new job created is an opening for a worker entering an occupation. However, opportunities also arise when workers leave their occupations and need to be replaced. In most occupations, replacement needs provide many more job openings than employment growth does.

To project the magnitude of replacement needs, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) calculated an estimate of openings resulting from workers retiring from or permanently leaving an occupation

alright thank you.

I don't see ( category? ) for numbers for workers no longer unemployed due to having replaced a worker who has left their job due to retirement? :eusa_eh:

Where is the 2 million you lied about?

I do not lie, I read it or heard it somewhere, I will look. But if I was wrong I was wrong. That does not make it a lie. Do tell me you understand the difference.......

When you spread a lie on the internet, it is a lie that you've chosen to own. Only you are responsible for what you post and it's been my experience that you right-wingers will post the same lie again after being corrected. The fact is you right-wingers know you are always making up lies to support your positions and consider it your normal behavior. Boner just claimed the Keystone pipeline has been delayed for 4 years, but it's been operational since 2010 and only one proposed pipeline crossing the Ogallala Aquifer has been delayed. The fact is, they could just follow the existing pipeline, but want to take a shortcut. Remember Cheney saying China was drilling off the Florida coast as he spreaks and was caught in that lie? Speaking of Cheney, how in the hell can you honor the American Legion uniform and know that Bastard lied about WMD in Iraq and caused all those people to be killed?

You are ignored, Since you want to attack my integrity after i said I was wrong. I don't need your stupidity.... And BTW it's no longer Bush's fault. Bye bye idiot.

You are ignored, Since you want to attack my integrity after i said I was wrong. I don't need your stupidity.... And BTW it's no longer Bush's fault. Bye bye idiot.

I can't attack your integrity, because you don't have any.

I want the link with the numbers and the explanation as to your answer in that post.

Replacement needs

Projections of job growth provide valuable insight into future employment opportunities because each new job created is an opening for a worker entering an occupation. However, opportunities also arise when workers leave their occupations and need to be replaced. In most occupations, replacement needs provide many more job openings than employment growth does.

To project the magnitude of replacement needs, the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) calculated an estimate of openings resulting from workers retiring from or permanently leaving an occupation

alright thank you.

I don't see ( category? ) for numbers for workers no longer unemployed due to having replaced a worker who has left their job due to retirement? :eusa_eh:
You have to calculate it yourself from the numbers the BLS supplies. Is that beyond your mathematical abilities?

Are you denying that the BLS keeps track of replacement workers as a separate count from NEW jobs???

What will it take from the BLS to get you to stop lying?

Replacement needs

You're citing the Employment Projections Program, which is a 10 year projection of Occupational Employment.

The monthly Employment Situation numbers do NOT consider replacements or anything of the sort, it's a simple net change. "New jobs" is simply a postive net change in total nonfarm payroll employment. There's not seperate categories for new or replacement.

You can derive some of that from the Job Openings Labor Turnover Survey, Business Employment Dynamics, and the experimental series of Labor Force Flows, but no, BLS does NOT keep seperate track of new and replacement jobs.

Proof: Current Employment Statistics Manufacturing Report FormThis is the survey form used for the monthly survey to measure jobs. I've linked to the Manufacturing form, the others are available at http://www.bls.gov/ces/idcfcesforms.htm

Notice that there are NO questions about replacements or new etc..just a count of number of employees.

Last edited:
I'm heading out to work.I'm gonna chance it.Why? because it's a work day.
I hope the roads haven't collapsed.I hope the traffic lights are working.

I wonder if Obama is gonna cut back on his touring.I bet he stays off camera for a few days at least.I wonder if he ego can take the hit.

He's will look like a fool after a few weeks on this sequester deal when people notice nothing has changed.

He's should take a huge hit in the polls.

Well, I correctly predicted that the ACA decision assured President Obama a second term. Welp...this will assure a Democratic majority in both houses of congress.

You can take that to the bank.

:cool:

Far out- And could this all please happen at the cost of my paycheck?

Pay more taxes- The majority likes it

-Geaux

One better hope the Dems don't win the House. They will have the whole pie then. I don't like it when one party has the whole pie.

When they had a super majority we got gifted with Obamacare. another costly entitlement we cannot afford. Who knows what else those idiot Dems will pass if they have both the House and the Senate?

Oh and BTW wasn't the sequester BO's idea?? Seems funny that he's now saying its the fault of Congress?

Yeah. He's a winner all right.

Last edited:

Replacement needs

You're citing the Employment Projections Program, which is a 10 year projection of Occupational Employment.

The monthly Employment Situation numbers do NOT consider replacements or anything of the sort, it's a simple net change. "New jobs" is simply a postive net change in total nonfarm payroll employment. There's not seperate categories for new or replacement.

You can derive some of that from the Job Openings Labor Turnover Survey, Business Employment Dynamics, and the experimental series of Labor Force Flows, but no, BLS does NOT keep seperate track of new and replacement jobs.

Proof: Current Employment Statistics Manufacturing Report FormThis is the survey form used for the monthly survey to measure jobs. I've linked to the Manufacturing form, the others are available at IDCF Forms

Notice that there are NO questions about replacements or new etc..just a count of number of employees.
I never said that replacement workers was a separate category in the monthly report. In fact, I told him in another post you had to derive it from the BLS info supplied. He was claiming there was no such thing as a replacement worker as far as the BLS was concerned.

obama will manufacture the effects of sequester just like he released dangerous criminals before the sequester took effect. Either the public will believe that his deliberate acts are an ancillary effect of sequester or they will look at his 250 million to Egypt and 110 million to Libyan rebels and wonder what the fuck is this idiot thinking and punish the democrats in 2014.

One better hope the Dems don't win the House. They will have the whole pie then. I don't like it when one party has the whole pie.

When they had a super majority we got gifted with Obamacare. another costly entitlement we cannot afford. Who knows what else those idiot Dems will pass if they have both the House and the Senate?

Oh and BTW wasn't the sequester BO's idea?? Seems funny that he's now saying its the fault of Congress?

Yeah. He's a winner all right.

Mitt says that BO is running around campaigning and not working with Repubs on the sequester because his REAL goal is getting back the House in '14, so he can have total "run of the field", aka dictatorial control. If he'd really been concerned with doing his job, he'd have invited Repubs into the WH to hash it out, but instead he runs around the nation demonizing Repubs and blaming Repubs for HIS sequester, which only makes Repubs retrench, and angry.

It's not how a real leader or CEO operates, but then all BO has ever been is a local community agitator, never a CEO or leader of any kind, and his business/economic experience is exactly ZERO.

Forum List

Back