The Unprecedented Law Giving Gun Makers And Dealers Immunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
[

Maybe you missed that part about the customer using the vehichle in an unlawful and reckless manner. If a gun, due to a mechanical defect fires all by itself, or blows up in your face when you fire it, you can most certainly sue the manufacturer of that firearm. What you cannot do is hold the manufacturer liable for the criminal or reckeless actions of another. Only a total dumbass would even condsider it. Now to your other poiht. The GOVERNMENT regulates who buys and sells weapons NOT the designer, manufacturer or seller, so again, how would that be grounds to sue anyone but the government? You're such a rabid anti-gun nut you can't even see or at least admit, how blazingly stupid your arguments are.

Guy, fact is, -

You put on one side lawyers from the Cerberus Group, the parent company of the company that made the Bushmaster

and on the other side 20 groups of parents who lost children to Lanza's Rampage...

Guess who a jury of 12 people is gonna find for. Come on. Guess. You can do it.

Please don't try to pretend this is about anything other than putting these assholes out of business. A few multi-billion dollar findings against them, they won't be so in love with the bizarre NRA interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

No one is pretending that all you want to do is put all the gun companies out of business. That's exactly what we've been pointing out. It has nothing to do with any notion of justice. There won't be any judgements against gun companies because the law doesn't allow.

Suck on it, asshole.

Frankly, I've never met a Japanese who was racist as most White trash Americans are...

and they'd probably have more reason to feel superior to this guy.

You obviously haven't met any Japanese people.

You mean other than working with them every day and working for a Japanese company for two years?

Um, nope. sorry, really haven't

Not to say they don't have their odd quirks.

But here's the thing. Their kids are exposed to all the same violent shit our kids are exposed to.

And they had 11 gun murders toour 9158.

man-thinking.jpg

Hmmmmmmm....

No one is pretending that all you want to do is put all the gun companies out of business. That's exactly what we've been pointing out. It has nothing to do with any notion of justice. There won't be any judgements against gun companies because the law doesn't allow.

Suck on it, asshole.

You really think that law's going to be around a lot longer now that people are becoming aware of it? Or that it will stand up to legal challenges?

Yes, I want to put the gun makers out of business, or get them to clean up their act.

I really don't care which.

You're a moron you know that. Why should the manufacturer be held liable for the criminal actions of a seller? You gonna sue Budwieser because a store clerk sells to an underage kid who dies in a drunken crash?

If Budwieser came in a can that specifically fit on a steering wheel--"Makes driving more fun"

If Jack Daniels advertised itself as the perfect way to get a girl drunk enough for sex.

If Bacardi 151 Rum came with a lighter and instructions on the label for making a Molotov cocktail. (because that's how we can keep our Democratically elected officials in line)

See what I did just now?

I owned you.

I owe you bitch.

Next customer...

You're a moron you know that. Why should the manufacturer be held liable for the criminal actions of a seller? You gonna sue Budwieser because a store clerk sells to an underage kid who dies in a drunken crash?

If Budwieser came in a can that specifically fit on a steering wheel--"Makes driving more fun"

If Jack Daniels advertised itself as the perfect way to get a girl drunk enough for sex.

If Bacardi 151 Rum came with a lighter and instructions on the label for making a Molotov cocktail. (because that's how we can keep our Democratically elected officials in line)

See what I did just now?

I owned you.

I owe you bitch.

Next customer...

Let me know when a gun company advertises that their gun can kill 26 people in less than a minute.

I guess, like most gun nutters, you've never hunted a day in your life.

And save the straw man for the dopes.

In my examples, I implied the true nature of the product was advertised as such. I never said the killer car was advertised as anything else but a car to run over people and kill them in masses. No other practical use..

Your example is idiotic. No one would build such a car. It would be specifically designed to commit murder. Guns are designed to kill people, but only in self-defense. That isn't an illegal purpose.

That's how assault weapons are advertised. "Military-Style" "Law Enforcement" Nothing hidden. If you sold Poison Hot Dog as "CIA Style Secret Covert Killer" people would be saying WTF is that?

again, your example is idiotic. A poison hotdog is a deception. It's sold as food, but it's actually a murder weapon. No one claims guns are food items or that they have any purpose other than killing things.

If you sold fireworks specifically designed for aftermarket modifications, as many gun makers do, then you'd be promoting mass murder... as many gun makers do.

What kind of "after market modifications" would anyone make to a firework? And if such modifications were illegal, then the firework would be illegal.

What "after market modifications" are advertised by gun manufacturers that are illegal?

Don't bullshit us, we've got you by the logical balls. Your argument is fail all around.

Your argument is idiotic and you are an imbecile.

You wouldn't know logic if someone beat you to death with it.

[

Maybe you missed that part about the customer using the vehichle in an unlawful and reckless manner. If a gun, due to a mechanical defect fires all by itself, or blows up in your face when you fire it, you can most certainly sue the manufacturer of that firearm. What you cannot do is hold the manufacturer liable for the criminal or reckeless actions of another. Only a total dumbass would even condsider it. Now to your other poiht. The GOVERNMENT regulates who buys and sells weapons NOT the designer, manufacturer or seller, so again, how would that be grounds to sue anyone but the government? You're such a rabid anti-gun nut you can't even see or at least admit, how blazingly stupid your arguments are.

Guy, fact is, -

You put on one side lawyers from the Cerberus Group, the parent company of the company that made the Bushmaster

and on the other side 20 groups of parents who lost children to Lanza's Rampage...

Please don't try to pretend this is about anything other than putting these assholes out of business. A few multi-billion dollar findings against them, they won't be so in love with the bizarre NRA interpretation of the 2nd Amendment.

No need to go in front of a jury, the gun maufacturer broke no laws, either civil or criminal. Like I said, talk to me when you think suing GM and Budweiser for a drunk killing somone in an accident. As for what a jury would say, they would obviously say the manufacturer had as much to do with lanza killing those kids as Ginsu had for OJ killing his wife, none.

Frankly, I've never met a Japanese who was racist as most White trash Americans are...

and they'd probably have more reason to feel superior to this guy.

You obviously haven't met any Japanese people.

You mean other than working with them every day and working for a Japanese company for two years?

Um, nope. sorry, really haven't

Not to say they don't have their odd quirks.

But here's the thing. Their kids are exposed to all the same violent shit our kids are exposed to.

And they had 11 gun murders toour 9158.

Hmmmmmmm....

The only thing worse than being an ignoramus is constantly flaunting your ignorance for the world to see.

DISCRIMINATION AND RACISM IN JAPAN - Japan | Facts and Details

Japanese Racism

Europeans were first refereed to as batakusai (literally "stinking of butter") because the Japanese, like the Chinese, didn't eat milk products and they regarded cheese and butter that Europeans ate as smelly.

Foreigners generally say they are treated well but some complain about people staring at them and children giggling when they walk by. One Japanese-speaking American writer told the New York Times, "Giggly school girls on the subway will and talk about me, thinking I don't speak Japanese, about how pink I am, how hairy."

There are also stories of Japanese getting out of public baths when a non-Japanese enters, standing up or moving away when a foreigner sits down next to them on the subway, and ignoring foreigners who ask them questions in English.”

One foreigner working in Japan wrote in the Daily Yomiuru, “In Japan, I have been banned from dinning establishment, denied service like taxis, snubbed and even physically accosted by strangers. I hear people whispering about me in every city I visit. The public seems to believe that all gaijin are ignorant of Japanese customs and language; that we are all rude and that we are all guilty of some crime we will inevitably commit.”

Globalization and job losses due cheap imports have fueled anti-foreigner feelings. Some places have "Japanese Only" signs. Outside a pachinko parlor in Sapporo there was a sign that read: “Japanese only. Caution: Entering in the foreigner will be held back.” A sign in Aomori Prefecture has a picture of a chubby Statue of Liberty urging citizens to “report suspicious foreigners.”

Jorge Bustamante, a United Nations labor rights expert, told Kyodo News, “racism and discrimination based on nationality are still too common in Japan, including in the work place, in schools, in health care establishments and housing...Japan should adopt specific legislation on the prevention and elimination of racial discrimination” as current laws are not effective in doing so.

Racist Comments by Japanese Politicians

Yasuhiro Nakasone, the conservative prime minister of Japan in the 1980s, angered minorities in Japan by referring to Japan as a “homogeneous nation” with “one ethnicity, one state and one language." He angered American and American minorities when said that the "intellectual level" of Americans was below that of Japanese because of "people like blacks, Mexicans and Puerto Ricans."

Tokyo mayor-governor Shintaro Ishihara used the word sangokujin, a derogatory term that means people from third countries, to refer to the immigrants. The term was used after World War II to tell Koreans and Chinese to leave Japan. He has also blamed Iranians in Japan for dealing drugs and Chinese immigrants for playing a major role in Japan's rising crime rate and warned of “genetic pollution” from China if too many Chinese immigrants were let in. These and other remarks won Ishihara the title of the Le Pen of Japan.

Ishihara also said, "Third-country nations and foreigners who have entered Japan illegally have perpetuated heinous crimes. In the event of a major earthquake, riots could break out, and there is a limit to the police's ability to cope with such a situation alone." He later apologized for this remark which was particularly insensitive in the light that as many as 7,000 Koreans were lynched after they were blamed for looting and setting fires and even causing the Great Tokyo Earthquake in 1923.

Japanese Discrimination Against Foreigners

Many foreigners have complained of being denied admission in minshukos and ryokans. A survey in 2008 found that 38 percent of inns didn’t have any foreign guests and 70 percent of the owners of these facilities said that they were unwilling to accept foreign guests.

In a survey with real estate companies 70 percent of respondents said apartment owners were reluctant to accept foreign tenants. About 46 percent said they were concerned about foreigners causing problems while 40 percent to 50 percent were concerned about foreigners obtaining suitable guarantors and if the foreigners could understand the rental rules in Japan.

In a 1996 survey of foreign residents, 36.5 percent of the respondents said they had been refused accommodation on the basis of their nationality. About 40 percent of the Korean and Chinese citizens said they had been refused accommodation while 35 percent of the Latin Americans and 29 percent of the North Americans and Europeans said they had.

There are no laws in Japan to prevent against discrimination against foreign tenants. But when Japan ratified the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination it effectively indicated it would create such laws,

Japanese Racism Towards Blacks

"The Japanese," wrote Karen De Witt in the New York Times, "do have stereotypical images of black Americans, gleaned from American television and press accounts. Some of the assume that blacks are either entertainment or sports figures or slow, lazy, strong and destructive." Some housing contract in Japan have clauses that state "no blacks and no animals."

A black American film maker told the New York Times that the Japanese form of racism is generally non threatening. "The Japanese may be phobic and insular," he said, "but they are not going to bother you. There's no physical threat there. As a black male in America, you always have to consider, if I go there, how will I be received. Is it safe?"

Japanese television shows feature “Rast Man,” “Soul Man and “Afro Man” doing blackface skits and Tinga Beauty in a gorilla make-up and a golden earing. A commercial for facial wipes shown in the mid 2000s showed a group of rastafarians inexplicably hanging out with a chimpanzee.

Several prominent Japanese have made offensive remarks about blacks, including former Prime Minister Yasuhiro Nakasone. One Japanese government official compared prostitutes in Tokyo to blacks who move into white neighborhoods and "ruin the atmosphere."

Young Japanese admire blacks and hip hop culture. Some perm their hair and get sun tans so they look black. Explaining why she had corn rows made from her mid-back length hair, one Japanese teenager told the New York Times, “Japanese copy black fashion out of adoration. I was into hip-hop dancing in high school. And I watch videos with rappers and R&B singers. They are proud of their culture, and they’ve got firm opinions. Many Japanese can’t say what they think. I want soft dreadx next, because my friend wore them and they looked cute.”

Japanese Racism and Crime

There is strong tendency to blame crime and social problems on foreigners. Even when Japanese are the perpetrators foreign influences are regarded as the root of the problem. One Japanese sociologist told the Los Angeles Times, “The crime rate among foreigners living in Japan is actually lower than among Japanese...But many Japanese still have a biased image.”

The media has frequent reports about crimes committed by foreigners. A televison survey in 2003, found that 40 percent of the Japanese population did not want foreigners to come to Japan because they are fearful there would be an increase in crime. More than half the crimes committed by foreigners are victimless crimes, mostly overstaying their visas. Most of the crimes that do involve victims are thefts.

Court Cases Involving Japanese Discrimination

In 1999, a Brazilian journalist was awarded damages after being refused service at a jewelry shop in Shizuoka Prefecture.

In 2000, public baths in the town of Otaru on Hokkaido displayed a a "Japanese Only" sign to keep Russian sailors from entering. The Russians had been accused of bringing in alcohol, making a lot of noise and not following Japanese bath etiquette. After the press drew attention to the issue, the bathhouses took down the signs and let foreigners in on the condition they followed the bathhouse rules. In November 2002, the bathhouse was forced to pay $30,000 in damages to the two foreigner refuged entry.

In January 2005, Japan’s Supreme Court ruled that public employers can refuse to give senior posts to ethnic minorities, even second-generation South Koreans living in Japan, on the basis that foreigners do not have the right to hold position of authority over ethnic Japanese. The case was brought by a second-generation South Korean who felt she was unfairly denied a promotion.

[

Guy, fact is, -

No need to go in front of a jury, the gun maufacturer broke no laws, either civil or criminal. Like I said, talk to me when you think suing GM and Budweiser for a drunk killing somone in an accident. As for what a jury would say, they would obviously say the manufacturer had as much to do with lanza killing those kids as Ginsu had for OJ killing his wife, none.

Then you won't have a problem putting the issue in teh courts, then, if you are so confident in your legal position?

Great. Let's repeal this goofy law.

Incidently, GM makes innovations every year to improve safetly. The gun makers put in innovations every year to make their products more deadly.

If you think a jury is going to let these assholes off the hook, you're deluded.

And not surprising, the Cerberus group is trying to dump it's gun making subsidary faster than a girlfriend with Herpes...

Cerberus to sell Bushmaster gunmaker after Newtown shooting - Dec. 18, 2012

Private equity firm Cerberus has put U.S. firearms maker Freedom Group up for sale following Friday's killing of 20 children and 6 adults at the Sandy Hook school shooting in Connecticut.
Freedom Group includes Bushmaster, maker of the rifle used in the shooting at the school in Newtown. Cerberus bought Bushmaster in 2006 before adding another 10 makers of firearms, ammunition and accessories to the group.

"It is apparent that the Sandy Hook tragedy was a watershed event that has raised the national debate on gun control to an unprecedented level," Cerberus Capital Management said in a statement.

That's "Corporate Weasel" for "Getting out before the Shit hits the fan"

No, but you can see how a mentally unstable person would be attracted to this as a killing machine, right?

But that's okay, man. I feel for you gun nutters. It's kind of like when people told the smokers they weren't putting up with their nonsense anymore and made them all smoke outside.

I don't see anything in those adds about killing people.

FAIL

[

Let me know when a gun company advertises that their gun can kill 26 people in less than a minute.

Bushmaster-ACR-ad.jpg

An-advert-for-a-rifle-fro-007.jpg

Time to repeal that shit.

If you build a car that is specifically designed to run over and kill large groups of people, the car has no other practical use, then that car company would be sued for wrongful death.

If you sold a rat poison designed to look and taste like hot dogs, the argument that you are just empowering consumers to keep their congressional rep in line would not hold up in court.

If firework companies supported methods to modify their pyrotechnic thrill items into bombs for killing, then they would be sued.

Time to repeal this shit.

Your examples are all cases where the true nature of the product was disguised. Those scenarios have nothing to do with guns. They are designed to kill people. No one is deluded or mislead about that when they buy one. Guns would be useless if they were designed to not kill people.

I guess, like most gun nutters, you've never hunted a day in your life.

And save the straw man for the dopes.

In my examples, I implied the true nature of the product was advertised as such. I never said the killer car was advertised as anything else but a car to run over people and kill them in masses. No other practical use.

That's how assault weapons are advertised. "Military-Style" "Law Enforcement" Nothing hidden. If you sold Poison Hot Dog as "CIA Style Secret Covert Killer" people would be saying WTF is that? If you sold fireworks specifically designed for aftermarket modifications, as many gun makers do, then you'd be promoting mass murder... as many gun makers do.

Don't bullshit us, we've got you by the logical balls. Your argument is fail all around.

They already built that car, it made a bit of money and no one got sued.

deathrace1.jpg

Why shouldn't gun makers be held liable like other manufacturers?

Did you read what you quoted? Gun makers ARE held accountable if the firearm is defective or if the dealer does something illegal while making or selling it. They are NOT liable for the actions of others while CHOOSING to commit a crime with a weapon, Just as no other manufacturer is chargeable when their product is used in a crime.

You people are morons.

No, but you can see how a mentally unstable person would be attracted to this as a killing machine, right?

But that's okay, man. I feel for you gun nutters. It's kind of like when people told the smokers they weren't putting up with their nonsense anymore and made them all smoke outside.

I don't see anything in those adds about killing people.

FAIL

An unstable person used this on me several years ago...I sure didn't file a suit against the company.
$swiss_army_knife.jpg

There's not telling what mentally unstable people are attracted to. We don't organize society around the predilections of the mentally ill.

Inhaling other people's cigarette smoke is a violation of my rights. Me owning a gun doesn't violate your rights in any way whatsoever, no matter what kind of grip or magazine it has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back