The United States of Decline; America Unravels Under Dictator Obama and Cowardly GOP

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
National Review Online | Print

America is unraveling at a stunning speed and to a staggering degree. This decline is breathtaking, and the prognosis is dim.

For starters, Obama now rules by decree. Reportedly for the 27th time, he has changed the rules of Obamacare singlehandedly, with neither congressional approval nor even ceremonial resolutions to limit his actions. Obama needs no such frivolities.

“That’s the good thing about being president,” Obama joked on February 10. “I can do whatever I want.” In an especially bitter irony, Obama uttered these despicable words while guiding French president François Hollande through Monticello, the home of Thomas Jefferson — a key architect of America’s foundation of limited government.
That very day, Obama decreed that the Obamacare mandate for employers with 50 to 99 workers would be postponed until 2016 (beyond an earlier extension to 2015), well past the November 2014 midterm elections. This eases the pressure on Democrats, whose campaigns would suffer if voters saw their company health plans canceled due to Obamacare’s unnecessary, expensive, mandatory benefits — e.g. maternity coverage for men.

So, by fiat, Obama has postponed the employer mandate. When Senator Ted Cruz (R., Texas) effectively tried to do this through legislation last fall, Democrats virtually lassoed and branded him.

Also by decree last week, Obama decided unilaterally to soften political-asylum rules. Refugees and other immigrants who provide terrorists “limited material support” now can come to America. So what if someone merely clothed and fed Mohamed Atta or Khalid Sheikh Mohammed? After all, garments and meals don’t blow up. Welcome to America, Mustafa!

Meanwhile, the Justice Department is working hard to revoke the asylum of and deport the Romeikes. This evangelical-Christian family was granted refuge in America to escape prosecution for homeschooling their children, which German law forbids.

So, Obama believes, those who are only somewhat helpful to deadly, anti-U.S. terrorists may become Americans, while religiously oppressed homeschoolers who face prison should get the hell out.

The transparent electoral motive that fuels so many of Obama’s executive orders seems unprecedented. The tone is also brand new. Obama’s predecessors have signed executive orders and, more or less, left it at that. But Obama pounds his chest as he does so. As he told Congress at last month’s State of the Union address: “America does not stand still — and neither will I. So wherever and whenever I can take steps without legislation to expand opportunity for more American families, that’s what I’m going to do.”

While appalled Republicans sat on their hands, Democrats stood up and shouted like equatorial, rubber-stamp parliamentarians: “Hooray! We are irrelevant!”

Chilling.

Lol, and many in the GOP no want to dump Speaker Boner for being such a coward and spineless moron.

Group wants to get rid of Speaker Boehner | TheHill

Conservative 'Dump the Leadership' launches six-figure campaign | TheHill

Our system of checks and balances has the opposition house empowered with the purse, and the ability to defund things they don't like in the budget if the PResident does things they don't like.

But Boner gave that up by surrendering to Obama unilaterally without any Obama regome concessions last year and this year he pre-emptively surrendered and SUSPENDED the debt ceiling, a ceiling that will not likely ever stop being suspended as long as RINOs and Demofascists control the federal government.

America is on the watershed of time. If Obama and the RINOs continue to build up federal debt to unprecedented peacetime levels this budget will destroy our economy by destroying faith in its currency.

It is up to us, to those of use who are loyal Americans to put these lying thieves out of power and straighten this problem out.

IF real conservatives cannot get control of the GOP, then the House and Senate with it and STOP Obama, this nation is going into its sunset years.

I see. So anyone that disagrees with you is not a loyal American. All them commie democrats and left wing rinos, those cowardly moderates and red independents. The only ones we can trust is me and thee, and we are not so sure of thee!

You guys are a hoot.

So, just to fulfill my college requirements of social interaction on a non-social media site with a moron, I can attest that Oblama's use of the magic wand is no more worse than the other 43 prior presidents. Now I must go and bath...

I see. So anyone that disagrees with you is not a loyal American. All them commie democrats and left wing rinos, those cowardly moderates and red independents. The only ones we can trust is me and thee, and we are not so sure of thee!

You guys are a hoot.

Wow, I never said anything of the sort, dude.

The politicians inside DC are running this country into the ground. In BOTH parties, and I stated that.

But you can only see it all via partisan filters.

You are not an enemy so much as a fucked up ignoramus.

So, just to fulfill my college requirements of social interaction on a non-social media site with a moron, I can attest that Oblama's use of the magic wand is no more worse than the other 43 prior presidents. Now I must go and bath...

So show me the EO where W Bush gave himself war-time powers during peace time non-emergency conditions, stupid fool.

You cant because it is not there.

Your normalcy bias makes you blind in addition to your partisanship.

Well, you don't amount to much, I doubt anyone would miss morons like you anyway.

You far right evangelical reactionaries are simply crazy.

The country is so fortunate you are rapidly decreasing in %s and influence.

Last edited:
Yes, every is going to be OK. There absolutely nothing wrong with Amerika! I'm not sure you morons live on the same planet.

Yes, there is a lot of difference between declaring war, than congress approving extended military combat. :cuckoo:

Yes, you stupid shit there is a lot of difference as in a formal declaration of war initiates the Presidents war powers, while a mere resolution does not.

lol, you don't have to convince everyone you are an idiot; we already know that, stupid bitch.

Forum List

Back