The U.S. War On Drugs May Soon Run Into A Problem...

It's beginning to look like it.

That would cause all kinds of hell on our side if they went through with that no?

I'm not sure about that. We have the resources to protect and control our own Border. We can keep illegal drugs out if we want to. What they do in sovereign nations is none of our business. I think it's time to end the 'War on Drugs' in foreign nations. But that's just how i see it anyway.

We might have resources to protect our borders, but that ain't happening. We have at least 20 million illegals and probably ten times that in anchor babies. We have drug traffickers in and out like there is a revolving door. Many here in the states have wanted to legalize drugs so the government could tax them. They say it's a losing battle trying to wage a war on drugs. Typical liberal view, which is why they never seriously fight any war, whether it's with countries, drugs or poverty. Me thinks they don't want to win.

Suddenly it's marijuana?

Well marijuana is an illegal drug in the U.S., so i dunno why my point is invalid.

I'd have to be one hell of a hypocrite after i drink at the bar tomorrow night to later come on here and rail against marijuana users when what i did is so much worse.

Except marijuana isn't the only illegal drug. If you want to talk legalizing drugs, let's talk about cocaine and opiates. You want those legal? If not you're a hypocrite. If so you're an idiot.

No one has ever died of an overdose of pot. Cocaine and opiate overdoses kill people. So can prescription drugs. Tobacco is more addictive than marijuana and alcohol causes more deaths.

Going to neg rep me again for posting facts that you don't like? :lol:

That would cause all kinds of hell on our side if they went through with that no?

I'm not sure about that. We have the resources to protect and control our own Border. We can keep illegal drugs out if we want to. What they do in sovereign nations is none of our business. I think it's time to end the 'War on Drugs' in foreign nations. But that's just how i see it anyway.

We might have resources to protect our borders, but that ain't happening. We have at least 20 million illegals and probably ten times that in anchor babies. We have drug traffickers in and out like there is a revolving door. Many here in the states have wanted to legalize drugs so the government could tax them. They say it's a losing battle trying to wage a war on drugs. Typical liberal view, which is why they never seriously fight any war, whether it's with countries, drugs or poverty. Me thinks they don't want to win.

As a fiscal conservative here are the hard numbers;

The US has already spent $1 trillion trying to fight the "war on drugs" since it was started in 1971 and it is still losing. The US is the No. 1 nation in the world in illegal drug use.

It costs $30k pa to house an inmate and there are 500,000 in jail today for drug crimes. That is $15 billion each and every year.

In the United States, if illegal drugs were taxed at rates comparable to those on alcohol and tobacco, they would yield $46.7 billion in tax revenue. A Cato study says legalizing drugs would save the U.S. about $41 billion a year in enforcing the drug laws.

War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com

So if you want to cut spending and increase revenues legalizing marijuana is the place to start. It makes perfect conservative fiscal sense to the tune of about $100 billion per year.

Legalize drugs stop the crime.

The assailants were reported dressed in all black with masks over their faces and wielded martial arts batons — known as tong fa — to intimidate the deliveryman around 10 p.m. last Friday at an apartment house along the 800 block of South Sunset Avenue in West Covina, police said.

“After he made his delivery, he was walking back to his vehicle and was approached by two males in their 20s wearing ninja costumes and holding white batons,” said Sgt. Travis Tibbets.

The victim dropped the bag of marijuana and fled the scene, said Tibbets

Medical Marijuana Deliveryman Robbed By Baton-Wielding Ninjas In West Covina « CBS Los Angeles

Weren't you the one who told me legalizing drugs would not necessarily reduce the crime rate?

I did. That's because legalizing drugs normally increases the crime rate, unless the people are just so stupified with drugs that they can't move.

Here's a result of legalized marijuana.

Marijuana Clinic Owner's Penis Cut Off; 4 Charged

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Four people are accused of torturing a California marijuana dispensary owner with a blowtorch and cutting off his penis in an attempt to force him to reveal where he had buried piles of cash in the desert.

The criminals themselves likely had their brains pickled with pot.

Legalize drugs stop the crime.

The assailants were reported dressed in all black with masks over their faces and wielded martial arts batons — known as tong fa — to intimidate the deliveryman around 10 p.m. last Friday at an apartment house along the 800 block of South Sunset Avenue in West Covina, police said.

“After he made his delivery, he was walking back to his vehicle and was approached by two males in their 20s wearing ninja costumes and holding white batons,” said Sgt. Travis Tibbets.

The victim dropped the bag of marijuana and fled the scene, said Tibbets

Medical Marijuana Deliveryman Robbed By Baton-Wielding Ninjas In West Covina « CBS Los Angeles

Weren't you the one who told me legalizing drugs would not necessarily reduce the crime rate?

I did. That's because legalizing drugs normally increases the crime rate, unless the people are just so stupified with drugs that they can't move.

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. -- NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. (AP) — Four people are accused of torturing a California marijuana dispensary owner with a blowtorch and cutting off his penis in an attempt to force him to reveal where he had buried piles of cash in the desert.

Anecdotes are no substitute for hard facts. You haven't established your allegation. Care to try again?

Every incident is only an anecdote, even when the anecdotes become a trend. Druggies killing off one another is good news, whether they dealers are legal or illegal dealers.

Every incident is only an anecdote, even when the anecdotes become a trend. Druggies killing off one another is good news, whether they dealers are legal or illegal dealers.

Those weren't druggies. They were criminals out to steal money. But thank you for admitting that you don't have any substance to support your allegation. We can proceed towards legalizating marijuana.

I feel like you tend to make quite a few assumptions like "the criminals likely were on pot (and it pickled their brains)", or that "marijuana tends to do this", etc. I think you would be more convincing if you provided some information to backup your claims.

If you think that there's a direct correlation between pot and violence/insanity - fine - but link us to a medical journal or some neutral institute that has conducted a study on the topic.

Otherwise you're just making sh%t up and that does us no good.

So if you want to cut spending and increase revenues legalizing marijuana is the place to start. It makes perfect conservative fiscal sense to the tune of about $100 billion per year.

I agree. Although the case for legalizing cocaine, heroin, meth, etc might not make sense at this time (given that those drugs are scientifically proven to be extremely addictive, and can kill you outright from overdose), I don't understand why there are still people against the legalization of marijuana.

I read a statistic that 88% of all marijuana arrests are for simple possession only; imagine if we could free up all that nonsense from our justice system, send our police force to police something more worthwhile (like murderers, child rapists, etc), make loads of tax dollars, and create an entirely new industry in the United States, legalization just seems like a no-brainer to me.

Currently that industry is sitting in Mexico; lets bring those jobs to the USA (we sure could use them)!

I agree. Although the case for legalizing cocaine, heroin, meth, etc might not make sense at this time (given that those drugs are scientifically proven to be extremely addictive, and can kill you outright from overdose), I don't understand why there are still people against the legalization of marijuana.

I read a statistic that 88% of all marijuana arrests are for simple possession only; imagine if we could free up all that nonsense from our justice system, send our police force to police something more worthwhile (like murderers, child rapists, etc), make loads of tax dollars, and create an entirely new industry in the United States, legalization just seems like a no-brainer to me.

Currently that industry is sitting in Mexico; lets bring those jobs to the USA (we sure could use them)!

I agree that we need to take baby steps beginning with marijuana. Once it is established that there is no "threat" to society because some people prefer it to alcohol the other harder drugs can be addressed. Sold through legitimate clinics to registered addicts it will go a long way towards eliminating the drug crime problems which are more expensive in terms of lives and money than the legal alternative. Without a profit motive there is no drug crime.

Furthermore just as there are functioning alcoholics there are also functioning addicts. They can hold down jobs and raise families. They can pay for their own drugs without being a burden on society. The mindset needs to be altered so that we can stop waging war against ourselves.

The statistics for arrests for marijuana possession only is the result of using marijuana laws to get really violent offenders off the streets. Because someone has been arrested for a marijuana offense, does not mean that's the only offense they ever committed. Marijuana laws were used in Los Angeles to get gang members off the streets and disrupt gang activity. It worked quite well. The murderers, child rapists, etc, also use pot. They are taken off the streets by any means necessary, including using pot laws.

You might see the same kind of arrests in the future using different laws. After all, both Al Capone and Mickey Cohen, as violent criminals as they were, ended up being taken off the streets by tax laws.

The way to go is to legalize and tax....

Not worth war.

Tax creates an automatic black market. Of course there will still be war, war between drug dealers won't be somehow better than war between law enforcement and drug dealers.

The statistics for arrests for marijuana possession only is the result of using marijuana laws to get really violent offenders off the streets. Because someone has been arrested for a marijuana offense, does not mean that's the only offense they ever committed. Marijuana laws were used in Los Angeles to get gang members off the streets and disrupt gang activity. It worked quite well. The murderers, child rapists, etc, also use pot. They are taken off the streets by any means necessary, including using pot laws.

You might see the same kind of arrests in the future using different laws. After all, both Al Capone and Mickey Cohen, as violent criminals as they were, ended up being taken off the streets by tax laws.

You don't need to reinforce the fact that you have nothing. That has already been established.

Link please.

They attacked him for money he had hidden somewhere and you have no evidence that these people were on drugs. This is just another one of your daily lies you like to tell.

I feel like you tend to make quite a few assumptions like "the criminals likely were on pot (and it pickled their brains)", or that "marijuana tends to do this", etc. I think you would be more convincing if you provided some information to backup your claims.

If you think that there's a direct correlation between pot and violence/insanity - fine - but link us to a medical journal or some neutral institute that has conducted a study on the topic.

Otherwise you're just making sh%t up and that does us no good.

He makes shit up pretty much every day. I call him out on it all the time.

Forum List

Back