The Turbulent World Of Atmospheric/Fuel Charges!

jackflash

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2020
USA
In the past I fortunately had the opportunity to get involved into the world of high performance vehicles, mostly engine related & specifically carbureted induction systems. When testing carburetors & intake manifolds of various designs & brands my "go to" tools of choice were the low tech vacuum gauge/probes, an electric drill/bits, flow bench & manometers. I so well remember in the dark days before the internet trying to read the wildly fluctuating vacuum gauge & manometers trying my best to VISUALIZE in my mind what was going on inside the areas we could not visually access, like intake manifold plenums & runners on running engines. I was well aware of both intake/exhaust pulses ESPECIALLY during valve overlap as well as the effect of LSA(Lobe Separation Angle) built into camshafts.

Fast forward to the current modern era.

There's a BIG difference between mechanical engineers & hotrodder wannabee engineers. Hotrodders work on the principles of intuition & current knowledge. Engineers work in the unknown future & solve the problems as they appear. See through fuel filters & the old Holley one barrel carburetors that were equipped with a GLASS FUEL BOWL(see below) 'should' have told me that there was a better way. I actually held those old one barrel Holley carburetors in my hand several times during my 2-1/2 year stint on the farms in the mid to late 60's learning to grow up to be a functional man. So, I have no excuse for failing to envision what Jon Kaase achieved with just some plexi-glass & a few screws. Unbelievable!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back