The truth will out...

I can't answer a question without knowing the details

To you and your fellow libs Strom was a brownshirt who would have put blacks in concentration camps

Yet, it was Republicans who got the civial ruights bill passed - while many Dems opposed it

you don't need details to know what he said....he said that america would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948. Given the fact that Strom Thurmond ran on a segregationist ticket with a platform that included outlawing interracial marraige, is saying that we would be a better country today if we had elected a staunch segregationist in 1948 a racist statement? yes or no?

you don't need details to know what he said....he said that america would be a better place today if Strom Thurmond had been elected president in 1948. Given the fact that Strom Thurmond ran on a segregationist ticket with a platform that included outlawing interracial marraige, is saying that we would be a better country today if we had elected a staunch segregationist in 1948 a racist statement? yes or no?

It was the 1940's when he ran, correct?

The culture was different

For a long time women did not have the right to vote - times change

If only you were this hyper over ALL racism

It was the 1940's when he ran, correct?

The culture was different

For a long time women did not have the right to vote - times change

If only you were this hyper over ALL racism

Trent Lott said we would be better TODAY if we had elected Thurmond then. Is that a racist statement? yes or no?

Trent Lott said we would be better TODAY if we had elected Thurmond then. Is that a racist statement? yes or no?

You seem to zoom in on any implied racism from conservatives but are blind to liberal racism

Do you have an 8 X 10 of Rev Al on your desk at work?

You seem to zoom in on any implied racism from conservatives but are blind to liberal racism

Do you have an 8 X 10 of Rev Al on your desk at work?

no. I don't.

now answer my question about Lott's comment.

you are really good at asking questions, but you NEVER seem to be able to answer any.

no. I don't.

now answer my question about Lott's comment.

you are really good at asking questions, but you NEVER seem to be able to answer any.

I did not find it racist - he was trying to make a dying man feel good

Looking at Strom he probably did not even know where he was

So...you are saying that for a senior republican senator in a leadership position to tell America that we, as a nation, would be better off today if we had only supported Strom Thurmond's racist agenda in 1948...you are saying that that sentiment is not inherently racist?

I rest my case.

So...you are saying that for a senior republican senator in a leadership position to tell America that we, as a nation, would be better off today if we had only supported Strom Thurmond's racist agenda in 1948...you are saying that that sentiment is not inherently racist?

I rest my case.

It was not racist

To you only conservatives can be racists

I rest my case

Dismissed

It was not racist

To you only conservatives can be racists

I rest my case

Dismissed

so....do you agree with Trent that America would be better off today if we had elected a racist in 1948?
and what about that statement is NOT racist?

and I firmly understand that racism is not confined to political persuasion.... there are racists of all stripes

so....do you agree with Trent that America would be better off today if we had elected a racist in 1948?
and what about that statement is NOT racist?

and I firmly understand that racism is not confined to political persuasion.... there are racists of all stripes

However, you are only outraged by conservitism racism (real of not)

However, you are only outraged by conservitism racism (real of not)

not so...racism upsets me no matter what its source.

YOU are on record as believing that the sentiment that America would be better off today if we had elected a segregationist racist as president is not, itself, a racist statement...it seems to me that your tolerance for racist remarks is incredibly high as long as they are spoken by republicans.

not so...racism upsets me no matter what its source.

YOU are on record as believing that the sentiment that America would be better off today if we had elected a segregationist racist as president is not, itself, a racist statement...it seems to me that your tolerance for racist remarks is incredibly high as long as they are spoken by republicans.

You point out the "racism" from the right and skip the real racism from the left

When did I agree with Lott's comment? I said it was not racist and he wanted to make a dying man feel good on his last birthday

You point out the "racism" from the right and skip the real racism from the left

When did I agree with Lott's comment? I said it was not racist and he wanted to make a dying man feel good on his last birthday

you said that believing that America would be better today if we had elected a segregationist as president was NOT a racist belief. That is pretty telling.

you said that believing that America would be better today if we had elected a segregationist as president was NOT a racist belief. That is pretty telling.

It was not racist

Only to libs looking for something to be offended over

and brother do you go through life looking for things to be offended over

it is not racist to believe that America would be better off today if we had elected a segregationist who wanted to outlaw interracial marriage? how is that anything BUT racist?

quit tap dancing and answer the question: how is that belief not racist?

there was no racist intent

I see you have no oroblem with the Dems in WV voting time after time for a known racist and KKK member

Oh he is a liberal dem - pass issued

there was no racist intent

I see you have no oroblem with the Dems in WV voting time after time for a known racist and KKK member

Oh he is a liberal dem - pass issued

how is the belief that america would be a better place if we had elected a segregationist instead of Truman not a racist belief? Intent is not the issue.

And if I were in WV, I would vote for someone else in the democratic primary...and please remember that Byrd is a FORMER Klansman.... many white men in the south of both parties are former klansmen.

Forum List

Back