The truth will out...

how is the belief that america would be a better place if we had elected a segregationist instead of Truman not a racist belief? Intent is not the issue.

And if I were in WV, I would vote for someone else in the democratic primary...and please remember that Byrd is a FORMER Klansman.... many white men in the south of both parties are former klansmen.

He is still a racist and Dems keep voting for him

Dems always protect their own

you keep avoiding this question:

how is the belief that america would be a better place TODAY if we had elected a segregationist instead of Truman not a racist belief?

Intent is not the issue. Trent Lott could have said a whole bunch of nice things about Strom Thrumond without having to resort to expressing his belief that America would be better off TODAY if we had elected an avowed RACIST in 1948. That belief IS racist.

you keep avoiding this question:

how is the belief that america would be a better place TODAY if we had elected a segregationist instead of Truman not a racist belief?

Intent is not the issue. Trent Lott could have said a whole bunch of nice things about Strom Thrumond without having to resort to expressing his belief that America would be better off TODAY if we had elected an avowed RACIST in 1948. That belief IS racist.

It was not racist

Yet you give a pass to your fellow Dems on their obvious racist remarks

please explain how that is not a racist belief? please explain how believing that America would be better today if we had elected an avowed racist as president is not a racist belief. Don't just say that it is not racist...explain how you come to that conclusion.

please explain how that is not a racist belief? please explain how believing that America would be better today if we had elected an avowed racist as president is not a racist belief. Don't just say that it is not racist...explain how you come to that conclusion.

There was not intent

If you yell the N word to a black person - there is intent

Libs are so super sensistive and they go into atack mode when they hear any possible racist comment

As long as a conservatove says it

There was not intent

If you yell the N word to a black person - there is intent

Libs are so super sensistive and they go into atack mode when they hear any possible racist comment

As long as a conservatove says it

Intent is not the issue. If I were to believe, for example, that whites are superior to blacks in every way, even if I don't TELL any blacks that I believe that, the belief, itself, is still racist, is it not?

Trent Lott believed that America would be a better place today if we had elected an avowed segregationist as president in '48. He may have intended that comment to only serve as a compliment for an old white man, but he expressed his belief when he made the statement, and that BELIEF is a racist BELIEF. period.

Intent is not the issue. If I were to believe, for example, that whites are superior to blacks in every way, even if I don't TELL any blacks that I believe that, the belief, itself, is still racist, is it not?

Trent Lott believed that America would be a better place today if we had elected an avowed segregationist as president in '48. He may have intended that comment to only serve as a compliment for an old white man, but he expressed his belief when he made the statement, and that BELIEF is a racist BELIEF. period.

Transalation - all conservatives are racist

no...that is a ridiculous translation.

here is a better one: Trent Lott made a racist remark and RSR refuses to admit it or to be at all critical of it.

The best translation - MM will find racism in any statement uttered by a Republican and spin the real racist statements made by Democrats

The best translation - MM will find racism in any statement uttered by a Republican and spin the real racist statements made by Democrats

I have never spun any democrat's remarks. YOU, on the other hand, do not think that the belief in a better America with segregationists winning presidential elections is a racist sentiment...that speaks volumes.

I have never spun any democrat's remarks. YOU, on the other hand, do not think that the belief in a better America with segregationists winning presidential elections is a racist sentiment...that speaks volumes.

You spin faster then a washing machine

not so.

I have that view of anyone who can say that believing America would be better with segregationists in the white house is not, somehow, a racist belief....and I would hold that same standard regardless of the political party of the person who believed it.

not so.

I have that view of anyone who can say that believing America would be better with segregationists in the white house is not, somehow, a racist belief....and I would hold that same standard regardless of the political party of the person who believed it.

Trying to make an old man feel better is now racism to MM

Trying to make an old man feel better is now racism to MM

trying to make an old man feel better by expressing a racist belief, is racism to me...there were plenty of complimentary things that Lott could have said about Strom...but he chose to express his belief that America would be a better place TODAY if America had elected a an avowed segregationist as president. that belief is racist, regardless of the warm fuzzy purpose for which it was expressed. and your refusal to condemn that belief is, itself, very telling.

trying to make an old man feel better by expressing a racist belief, is racism to me...there were plenty of complimentary things that Lott could have said about Strom...but he chose to express his belief that America would be a better place TODAY if America had elected a an avowed segregationist as president. that belief is racist, regardless of the warm fuzzy purpose for which it was expressed. and your refusal to condemn that belief is, itself, very telling.

Keep trying to find that racism MM

Break out the microscope and hire a private detective if you have to

keep running away from your own bigotry and your own complete inability to articulate yourself out of a paper bag

Forum List

Back