Weekend Snow Storm May Cancel Global Warming Events

Discussion in 'Politics' started by red states rule, Apr 14, 2007.

1. red states rule

red states rule Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    This is to funny

This weekend a huge snowstorm is moving thru the middle of the country and will slam into the East this weekend

Many global warming events are set for this weekend and may be CANCELED due to the snow

You can't make this stuff up!!!!!!!!!

Kansans Hoping Record Snowstorm Won’t Cancel Global Warming Rally
    Posted by Noel Sheppard on April 14, 2007 - 11:39.
    Don’t remove combustibles, potables, and sharp objects from safe stowage just yet, sports fans, for the news this morning continues to provide chuckles that could prove dangerous to computer equipment and other consumer electronics.

And I'm loving it!

There is supposed to be a global warming rally in Salina, Kansas, on Saturday. However -- as if totally on cue! -- a record snowstorm for this late in the season is threatening to turn this green celebration white!

You really can't make this stuff up!

As comically reported by the Salina Journal (emphasis added throughout):

Depending on weather during the day, some outdoor events might be moved indoors or canceled, she said.

An outdoor rally and march urging action against global warming also will go on as planned.

Don’t go for the remote quite yet, folks, for this is about to get good...I promise:

"The show will go on," said organizer Laura Krinock. "They say the snow is going to stop by morning, and the sidewalks will be cleaned off. If it's really bad, we'll just move it to Caper's."

Besides, Krinock said, "I'd hate to cancel a rally on global warming because of snow."

I told you so. Leave that remote alone:

Lawson chortled at the idea of a rally against global warming occurring in the snow, but he was quick to point out that a "minor undulation of the weather" doesn't debunk the idea of global warming.

Salina averages about 0.3 inches of snow in April, Lawson said, so "snow's not unusual, but this much snow this late is."

Don’t go anywhere yet:

The latest in the spring Salina has had measurable snow was in 1953, when the city got 1.2 inches on April 11.

That record will be broken today, Lawson said.

"You're always going to have minor fluctuations like this," Lawson said, explaining that global warming is about long-term trends, not an unusual cold snap. "This doesn't mean anything in the long term ... this doesn't mean we won't have a warm spring."

I’m verklempt. Talk amongst yourselves!

http://newsbusters.org/node/12040

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    The last time it snowed in DC caused this.....................

HOUSE HEARING ON 'WARMING OF THE PLANET' CANCELED AFTER SNOW/ICE STORM
    HEARING NOTICE
    Tue Feb 13 2007 19:31:25 ET

The Subcommittee on Energy and Air Quality hearing scheduled for Wednesday, February 14, 2007, at 10:00 a.m. in room 2123 Rayburn House Office Building has been postponed due to inclement weather. The hearing is entitled “Climate Change: Are Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Human Activities Contributing to a Warming of the Planet?”

The hearing will be rescheduled to a date and time to be announced later.

DC WEATHER REPORT:

Wednesday: Freezing rain in the morning...then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Ice accumulation of less than one quarter of an inch. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds around 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy. Lows around 18. Northwest winds around 20 mph.

The Dems must have loved this news article!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,719
    I am rather unhappy that the massive downpour we are having today has caused me to move my Mom's birthday party indoors.

I had a nice BBQ planned.

:(

4. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    If you were a lib you could blame Bush's enviromental policies

Perhaps it will be a Spring shower and the sun will come out so you can still have the BBQ

Happy Birthday to your Mom BTW

5. boedicca

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,719
    Thanks! The forecast is for rain throughout today and clearing tomorrow - so I am just going to accept it and move the event inside. We'll still have fun.

6. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Damn Bush!!!

He wanted to ruin your Mom's birthday and look like he did!!!!

7. boedicca

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,719
    He's a Baaaad Man!

Or is it: Bush is Stupid and Rove is Evul?

8. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Not to get of topic, oh what the hell, this is MY thread...............

George Bush Broke the Fan Belt on My Mother's '95 Jeep Cherokee
    At 10 o'clock this morning, received a desperate call from my dear mother.

"Damn that Bush!" she cried. "Damn him to HELL!"

"Take it easy, Ma. What's the problem?"

"My car broke down!" she told me. "I have an appointment at the unemployment office to extend my benefits another two years, and I have no way to get there! DAMN THAT BUSH! He sent my job overseas, and now he's trying to take my unemployment insurance away! What am I going to do?"

Ma has been out of work since Boeing laid her off in 2002, thanks to Bush and his tax cuts for the rich. The union hasn't called her back, and no one is hiring 65 year old Airplane Restroom Toilet Paper Dispenser Installers anymore. So she's had to subsist on her pension, social security, her 401k, alimony checks, welfare, and unemployment insurance benefits for the past two years.

"Don't worry, Ma. Tell me where you are and I'll come help."

"At the White Horse Tavern in Marysville. That's as far as I made it before the damn thing quit!"

"Mom, that's totally the opposite direction of the unemployment office."

"Oh that Bush has got me so riled up, I've lost all sense of direction!" Ma cried.

"No biggie, Ma, I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Thank you, dear. I'll go inside and have a beer while I wait."

I arrived at the White Horse a couple hours later. Sure enough, Ma was inside nursing a pounder at the bar when I walked in.

"Oh Larry, thank God you're here!" she greeted me. "I don't know what I'm going to do...I'm out of work, my unemployment benefits have expired, and now my car won't run! I'm going to wind up eating dog food right out of the can, thanks to Bush and his tax cuts for the rich!"

"Would you like some more pull tabs, Mrs. Chomstein?" the bartended interrupted.

"Yeah, gimme fifty bucks on number 10," my Mom told him. "Lotta good it'll do me...I haven't won shit since Bush put on a flight suit and announced 'mission accomplished' from the deck of that aircraft carrier."

"Well, Ma, I'll go out and have a look at the car. Maybe I can fix it."

"Bless your heart, dear," she said, handing me her keys. "I'll have another beer while I wait."

When I popped the hood open on the Jeep, I could immediately tell what the problem was - the fan belt was broken. But upon closer inspection, it became obviuous that it had been cleanly and intentionally cut. I took the broken belt back inside the tavern and showed it to Ma.

"Damn that Bush!" she screeched with anger, her face turning a deep red. "That BASTARD cut my fan belt! Oooh he really knows how to PISS ME OFF! I haven't been this mad since Nixon stole my panties at Woodstock! DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM! DAMN HIM!"

"Calm down, Ma!" I told her. She was lapsing into one of her Sam Kinison screaming fits, and was already drawing a small crowd of slack-jawed gawkers. "Just relax, it's an easy fix. I'll just drive up to the auto parts store and get a new fan belt."

"Oh thank you so much, sweetheart," Ma replied, relaxing a little. "I'll have another beer while I wait."

An hour later, I had the new belt installed and the Jeep was ready to go - just as Ma came stumbling out of the bar, blood gushing from her mouth.

"Holy crap, what happened to you?"

"Oh I fell down in the baffroom and broke my toof on the edge of the terlet," Ma explained.

"DAMN THAT BUSH!" we both shouted in unison.

http://blamebush.typepad.com/blamebush/2004/02/at_10_oclock_th.html

9. red states rule

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +572
    Skiers Protest Global Warming Moments Before Record Snowstorm Arrives
    Posted by Noel Sheppard on April 14, 2007 - 21:11.
    Are those combustibles, potables, and sharp objects still in a safe place? Good, because the Silly Saturday Snowstorm Stories continue.

As reported Saturday morning by the Associated Press (emphasis added):

WILMINGTON, N.Y. -- Skiers unfurled a protest banner in April snow on Whiteface Mountain on Saturday to kick off a nationwide day of demonstrations aimed at drawing attention to global warming.

The skiers fear long-term temperature increases promise trouble for native plants, wildlife and people in the Adirondack Mountains of northern New York state.

Why is this funny? Well, because a massive snowstorm is heading directly to this area threatening to drop more of the white stuff ever seen in this part of the country in April. As reported by AccuWeather (emphasis added):

The Northeast looks good for snow later Saturday night into Sunday and Sunday night. Snow will develop along and ahead of a storm that will be coined as a classic nor'easter. An April snowstorm is not an unheard of event, but usually to get a foot of snow it takes a very special situation to dump that amount. This storm certainly has all of the classic markers. There is cold enough air near the focus of the storm, it is deepening and moving in during the night Saturday and strengthening later Saturday night into Sunday and moisture will continue to wrap westward as the storm really bombs out at the East Coast and moves northeastward. Right now, the storm looks to be most potent over northern Pennsylvania into interior New York and northward to New England. Some places are likely to get 2 feet of snow by the time Monday morning rolls in. Even snowfall up to a foot could fall across northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. This storm, of course, will probably break several snowfall records for the date in a few places.

Of course, Laurie David, the producer of Al Gore’s schlockumentary “An Inconvenient Truth,” will be telling college students she meets on her “Stop Global Warming” tour that this snowstorm is just another example of global warming.

The truly sad part is that she believes it, as do most of the alarmists in the media and around the country. After all, for them, if you say, "Snowstorm," they say, "Global warming."

Let's call the whole thing off. </Gershwin melody
    http://newsbusters.org/node/12042

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Did you fail Earth Science in high school? Global warming is about climate, not weather.