The TRUTH Behind Homosexuality and Mental Illness

rtwngAvngr said:
Not at all.

When did any of you straight people decide to be straight?

I'm having a hard time believing your serious asking such a foolish question.

"Straight" is "normal". Are you imply to be straight there's something wrong with us?

Shattered said:
**sneaks in**

Where's the scientific proof that it's a perverted choice? There are countless studies supporting each of your theories...

**sneaks out**

Fortunately, it's up to 'them' to prove they are biologically disabled...not the rest of us to prove they are not. The simple fact there exists NO physical evidence of their 'condition' other than their behaviour does a pretty good job, imo. :)

Pale Rider said:
I'm having a hard time believing your serious asking such a foolish question.

"Straight" is "normal". Are you imply to be straight there's something wrong with us?

It's a reasonable question.

I'm implying, no, stating bluntly, that no one chooses their brain configuration. True, some people go through phases in college where they experiment with being lesbians for political purposes, but these people eventually drop the facade and admit they're really straight.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's a reasonable question.

I'm implying, no, stating bluntly, that no one chooses their brain configuration. True, some people go through phases in college where they experiment with being lesbians for political purposes, but these people eventually drop the facade and admit they're really straight.

Brain configuration? That's a new one.

-=d=- said:
Fortunately, it's up to 'them' to prove they are biologically disabled...not the rest of us to prove they are not. The simple fact there exists NO physical evidence of their 'condition' other than their behaviour does a pretty good job, imo. :)

Have you read any research on this whatsoever? The brain is sexually dimorphic. Sometimes a feminized brain develops in an otherwise male body. Or vice versa. It's really simple.

This kind of abject ignorance is what gives republicans a bad name.

Pale Rider said:
Brain configuration? That's a new one.

Call it what you want. Brain structure. Is that better Mr. "I become nitpicky when I'm losing"?

rtwngAvngr said:
Is there proof that the behavior DOES cause neurological alteration.

Is that really the issue, though? It is LeVar and his ilk who have made this bald assertion, and tried to back it up with thin, agenda-driven science. They have failed to meet the burden of proof; it is not society's obligation tp prove a negative.

rtwngAvngr said:
It's not as much genetic as it is developmental. Hormonal fluctuations, possibly unrelated to genetics in any way, cause the brain to develop in either a masculine or feminine way.

There's not a shred of proof for this, nor any way - short of an autopsy - of finding out. And that would be the autopsy of an adult, I might add - otherwise, how do we even know the sexual "identity"? So, we're right back where we started.

rtwngAvngr said:
Have you read any research on this whatsoever? The brain is sexually dimorphic. Sometimes a feminized brain develops in an otherwise male body. Or vice versa. It's really simple.

So now simply believing that being straight is normal, and being queer is abnormal, gives Republicans a bad name.

Maaaaaaan... now I've heard everything.

rtwngAvngr said:
Call it what you want. Brain structure. Is that better Mr. "I become nitpicky when I'm losing"?

And you... do we get to start "calling names now"?

musicman said:
Is that really the issue, though? It is LeVar and his ilk who have made this bald assertion, and tried to back it up with thin, agenda-driven science. They have failed to meet the burden of proof; it is not society's obligation tp prove a negative.

There's not a shred of proof for this, nor any way - short of an autopsy - of finding out. And that would be the autopsy of an adult, I might add - otherwise, how do we even know the sexual "identity"? So, we're right back where we started.

The science isn't that thin or agenda driven. Gay people shouldn't be saddled with the burden of proving their sexual orientation isn't a choice when we all know that's absurd.

When did you choose to be straight, mm, seriously?

rtwngAvngr said:
Is there proof that the behavior DOES cause neurological alteration.

It's not as much genetic as it is developmental. Hormonal fluctuations, possibly unrelated to genetics in any way, cause the brain to develop in either a masculine or feminine way.

Or defense mechanisms developed to repell members of the opposite sex, for whatever reason? Sort of like the butchy women or "fairy".

Pale Rider said:
So now simply believing that being straight is normal, and being queer is abnormal, gives Republicans a bad name.

Maaaaaaan... now I've heard everything.

We're not talking about normal and abnormal. That's just a statistic. We're discussing causation. Get with the program, Mini Me.

rtwngAvngr said:
The science isn't that thin or agenda driven.

So it's a matter of DEGREES now?

rtwngAvngr said:
Gay people shouldn't be saddled with the burden of proving their sexual orientation isn't a choice

Why in the world not? They're the ones making the assertion.

rtwngAvngr said:
when we all know that's absurd.

Tonto and the Lone Ranger find themselves surrounded by 10,000 Sioux braves on the warpath. Lone Ranger says, "What are we going to do now?" Tonto replies "What you mean WE, Paleface?"

rtwngAvngr said:
When did you choose to be straight, mm, seriously?

When I was in second grade, we sat at tables, facing one another. One day, a cute little girl I liked decided to drape her skirt over the table top. My pencil fell to the floor; it was an accident - I SWEAR!

musicman said:
When I was in second grade, we sat at tables, facing one another. One day, a cute little girl I liked decided to drape her skirt over the table top. My pencil fell to the floor; it was an accident - I SWEAR!

Sure it was! You planned it and you know it come on fess up. You made that pencil roll off the table! :D

rtwngAvngr said:

Of course I've read research - why are you asking this again?

The research is agenda-driven, or otherwise flawed. (shrug). It doesn't take a rocket scientist, just somebody who isn't clouded by 'Tolerance'. ;)

Trinity said:
Sure it was! You planned it and you know it come on fess up. You made that pencil roll off the table! :D

LOL - I WILLED it off the table!

'Course, that little swipe of the arm didn't hurt matters, either!

-=d=- said:
Of course I've read research - why are you asking this again?

The research is agenda-driven, or otherwise flawed. (shrug). It doesn't take a rocket scientist, just somebody who isn't clouded by 'Tolerance'. ;)

You seemed not to retain the basic facts. My mistake.

Forum List

Back