The TRUTH Behind Homosexuality and Mental Illness

rtwngAvngr said:
The problem is your steadfast abject ignorance on this topic. I would think if the research is so plentiful that it's a choice you could at least post one article. Just so you don't look like a pusscake.

You now result to 'false alternatives' in order to make me do your work? You can't argue against one single point I made, because it may force you to generate creative thought; therefor losing the ability to cut-and-paste somebody else's opinion.

You're a winner!

-=d=- said:
You now result to 'false alternatives' in order to make me do your work? You can't argue against one single point I made, because it may force you to generate creative thought; therefor losing the ability to cut-and-paste somebody else's opinion.

You're a winner!

False alternatives? What are you talking about? You're blithering again, Eugene.

rtwngAvngr said:
False alternatives? What are you talking about? You're blithering again, Eugene.

"If you cant search google for me, you are a puss"

"If you don't post up a link, what you claim does not exist"

manu1959 said:
not true..... they recently completed a study of 100 households (program shown on nova) of children now adults which were raised in single gender / gay households....the children showed no more or less tendency to be gay than the control group of children raised in straight households....the only consistent difference is the kids in the gay households had seen first hand what discrimination is like.....

my own experiences in the bay area support this .... all my gay friends are products of straight family households....and my friends that came frome gay home are all straight....same goes for all my kids friends

Do you realize how silly this backward analogy sounds! Good Lord you had better move out of the "Bay area"...must be something in the water! :puke:

I know what you mean.
Edit:
Stop posting that kinda crap...really. Be civil - The Management

JayW said:
I know what you mean.

jayw... I did not post that, and you portraying me doing as such is against the rules.

If you have a beef with what I believe or something I've said, respond to me in a manner allowed.

I've been nice this time.

rtwngAvngr said:
"Underlying each of these astounding statements is fairly common knowledge that hormones secreted by the ovaries and testes play a crucial role in shaping male and female patterns of physical appearance and development. But only recently has a revolutionary idea begun to gain credence within the scientific community: that these same hormones mold the very architecture of male and female brains along significantly different lines. And these structural differences - laid down from fetal life to adolescence - are maintained and modified by sex hormones throughout life.

This explosive new area of brain research is generally called the study of the brain's sexual "dimorphism," meaning two distinct shapes or structures male and female. At the center of this controversial field is Roger Gorski, professor and chairman of the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology of the University of California at Los Angeles School of Medicine, and director of the Laboratory of Neuroendocrinology of the Brain Research Institute. "Today," says Gorski, "there is a definite list of areas in the brain showing male female structural differences. In trying to understand neurobiology, you're much better off assuming a part of the brain is sexually dimorphic until you've proven it isn't."

http://www.susans.org/reference/gorskiin.html

The internet is full of this research.

If you really want to use this backyard report about homosexuality, then it affirms my contention that homosexuality is a birth defect.

Pale Rider said:
If you really want to use this backyard report about homosexuality, then it affirms my contention that homosexuality is a birth defect.

And is a birth defect a choice?

Pale Rider said:

spoken like a true birth defect

rtwngAvngr said:
And is a birth defect a choice?

And that's why that report is bunk rwa. They speak of how a person can be predisposed in the womb to be either straight or queer, but yet doesn't "prove" it. It's just another attempt at scientifically legitimizing a perverted choice of behavior that falls flat when asked for proof.

rtwngAvngr said:
Gayness is due to the effect of fetal hormones on brain development. It's not a choice. Bring it on, haters.

I'm familiar with some of the studies you cite. Proponents of the "genetic predisposition toward homosexuality" theory point out that the hypothalumus glands in the brains of homosexuals are markedly different. This, they claim, proves that sexual identity is determined in the womb.

It does no such thing. What they fail to discuss is that these studies were done on autopsied adult homosexuals. There is, therefore, no proof that the behavior itself does not cause neurological alteration. The studies are incomplete, disingenuous, and agenda-driven.

P.S. - I don't hate anybody...

**sneaks in**

Where's the scientific proof that it's a perverted choice? There are countless studies supporting each of your theories...

**sneaks out**

musicman said:
I'm familiar with some of the studies you cite. Proponents of the "genetic predisposition toward homosexuality" theory point out that the hypothalumus glands in the brains of homosexuals are markedly different. This, they claim, proves that sexual identity is determined in the womb.

It does no such thing. What they fail to discuss is that these studies were done on autopsied adult homosexuals. There is, therefore, no proof that the behavior itself does not cause neurological alteration. The studies are incomplete, disingenuous, and agenda-driven.

P.S. - I don't hate anybody...

Is there proof that the behavior DOES cause neurological alteration.

It's not as much genetic as it is developmental. Hormonal fluctuations, possibly unrelated to genetics in any way, cause the brain to develop in either a masculine or feminine way.

Shattered said:
**sneaks in**

Where's the scientific proof that it's a perverted choice? There are countless studies supporting each of your theories...

**sneaks out**

They roll around in feces. Their self-centeredness guaranteed the spread of AIDS. Although they comprise only 1-3% of the population, they commit 20-40% of child molestations.

How scientific do we have to be?

Shattered said:
**sneaks in**

**sneaks out**

Simple deduction Shattered.

1). A person can "choose" whether or not to participate in homosexual behavior. No one is holding a gun to their head.

2). A man sticking his penis up another mans bung hole is an unnatural and perverted behavior.

"Perverted choice".

Pale Rider said:
And that's why that report is bunk rwa. They speak of how a person can be predisposed in the womb to be either straight or queer, but yet doesn't "prove" it. It's just another attempt at scientifically legitimizing a perverted choice of behavior that falls flat when asked for proof.

Not at all.

When did any of you straight people decide to be straight?

Forum List

Back