the truth about universal background checks for guns.....

Gave my granddaughter an early 21st birthday gift yesterday.

Let he shoot my handguns and let her take home the one she liked best.

That's sweet.

Guns in the Home and Risk of a Violent Death in the Home: Findings from a National Study

Oh good...another survey that doesn't tell us if the homes where the shooting occurred had a criminal living in it, a drug addict or an alcoholic...and the reason they don't show this is because if they did, they would have to admit that the gun isn't the problem....

Last year, non gun suicides were more than gun suicides.....and with 90,000 homes with guns in them American gun owners are amazingly responsible.....considering how few gun murders there are vs. the number of guns in private hands...

And keep in mind...there were 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s.....there are now 357,000,000 guns in private hands in 2016...and our gun murder rate went down 49%.....so you are wrong and your study is wrong...

You see a link, you run your mouth.

You say running my mouth...everyone else says explaining the truth about your link....

Gun control is needed to get background checks demanded at gun shows where currently, felons, terrorists and people with a domestic violence background and criminal history can get a gun without any background check. They are also needed for online sales.

f233df6d4648302b3cb7db7598368d6d.jpg

Gun control is needed to get background checks demanded at gun shows where currently, felons, terrorists and people with a domestic violence background and criminal history can get a gun without any background check. They are also needed for online sales.

Do you know how criminals get past current, federally licensed background checks?

Do you realize that all licensed dealers at gun shows have to do background checks by law?

The people you are talking about, private sellers, are selling their own property.....do you realize that?

Any online sale is already required to make the transfer at a licensed gun dealer.....do you realize that?

Do you actually understand the issues....or do you just post out of your ass?

Do you understand the reasons against registration of guns?

Could you please explain them?

well now.....i am in the process of getting a gun purchase permit in the state of nc...its no given....i applied monday...and still have not gotten it...i called yesterday they are waiting on the mental health report....it should be in today...i went to a gun range yesterday and fired a pistol i am thinking of buying....if i get a pistol i will take the classes needed or go to the range and hire the firing supervisor for private lessons....i grew up around guns.....rifles and shotguns....never pistols...

so dont think gun permits are just handed out..they are not...it is a process....and its only getting tougher

my son got his first rifle at 12 and bitched that he had to wait 3 years....most get them at 9

Do you know how criminals get past current, federally licensed background checks?

Do you realize that all licensed dealers at gun shows have to do background checks by law?

The people you are talking about, private sellers, are selling their own property.....do you realize that?

Any online sale is already required to make the transfer at a licensed gun dealer.....do you realize that?

What people are worried about is that any lunatic can get a gun quickly, and cause a lot of harm. I don't know if gun control laws can help that. But they can possibly stop someone on a psychotic urge to get a gun. I don't know the stats about mass shootings and how long before they applied for a gun license, if at all.

But that is what the public is concerned about. I know in AZ, I can get a gun instantly if I want. I don't think that's the way it should be. People in AZ can't drive for their life, and they get a driver's license... Explains the crazy gunshots that occur here. Assholes that don't know gun safety, because they can get it anywhere, anytime, just to mess around.

Is he retired Secret Service?

no

Is he as good as your guy?

Hard to say.

But, he is well qualified, (over and above his NRA qualifications), and has given, and will continue to give his daughter all she needs to know about firearms.

(are you going to whine about this all night?)

they usually do

well now.....i am in the process of getting a gun purchase permit in the state of nc...its no given....i applied monday...and still have not gotten it...i called yesterday they are waiting on the mental health report....it should be in today...i went to a gun range yesterday and fired a pistol i am thinking of buying....if i get a pistol i will take the classes needed or go to the range and hire the firing supervisor for private lessons....i grew up around guns.....rifles and shotguns....never pistols...

so dont think gun permits are just handed out..they are not...it is a process....and its only getting tougher

my son got his first rifle at 12 and bitched that he had to wait 3 years....most get them at 9

what state do you live in that you have to have a permit to buy a firearm

No......they are needed by anti gunners to get gun registration.....terrorists simply do 3 interviews with the FBI and have the FBI do a 10 month investigation on them...then they buy their guns legally with a current, federally mandated background check, then go to a Gun Free Zone you guys created and then shoots 49 people......

Universal background checks are not needed...what we need is to lock up people convicted of gun crimes......that is what you need.....anything else is just more useless paperwork.....

criminals will simply use straw buyers at gun shows...the same way they use them at gun stores...making universal background checks useless...

What people are worried about is that any lunatic can get a gun quickly, and cause a lot of harm. I don't know if gun control laws can help that. But they can possibly stop someone on a psychotic urge to get a gun. I don't know the stats about mass shootings and how long before they applied for a gun license, if at all.

But that is what the public is concerned about. I know in AZ, I can get a gun instantly if I want. I don't think that's the way it should be. People in AZ can't drive for their life, and they get a driver's license... Explains the crazy gunshots that occur here. Assholes that don't know gun safety, because they can get it anywhere, anytime, just to mess around.

Mass shooters...almost all of them got their guns through background checks..the other few stole their guns......

Forum List

Back